if i saw him in my rear view mirror, for sure i'd get out of his way

it takes 2 hands to clap...

i always have stickers on all my windshield (bikes included) that say

"its better to arrive late, than to not at all"

"don't feed his ego (or in this case, RAGE) you know you've got bigger feet"

:B

hope no casualties :)

Edited by holeyman1

Today I am waiting at the red traffic light to turn right onto Thepprasit road. The queue stretches passed the cross section Soi Khao talo with Sukhumvit, and I'm standing right on the cross section.

A Pegas tourist bus comes from South Pattaya and want to turn right into Soi Khao Talo, but is not allowed as the turn right has red light and the cars coming from North Pattaya have green light. The red light at his side is on for at least 1 minute already when he arrives at the section.

As I see no reason to move, he attempts to crash into the side of my truck, so to prevent damage to my car I manage to get beside the car in front of me thereby risking to be tailgated by the traffic that is passing at high speeds since they have green light for some time already.

In my rear view mirror I see the bus full of tourists simply crossing sukhumvit as if there is no red light or oncoming traffic.

Quit So V.N. Those idiots who justify driving Suzuki Jeeps in the middle lane because the inside lane is to bumpy need a shunt up the arse too.

I was a passenger once in a samurai from BKK to Phuket!

Edited by VocalNeal

Normal day on Thai roads, nothing special to see here...........

Agreed the truck driver exercised a lot of restraint. At the 2 minute 10 second of this film I would have put the pick up driver over the medium but the truck driver waited until about 4 minute's then nicely park the pick up for the driver in the bush.

You can be the most considerate " defensive" driver in the Kingdom, but it's difficult to avoid trouble when you have to share the road with the brainless. That's why driving in LOS is dangerous, regardless of your own driving abilitly.

• Like 1

I was a passenger once in a samurai from BKK to Phuket!

I will never ever sit into a van or bus driven by a Thai. We tried this only three times when we went on vacation, but we gave up. Crazy bastards!

Now I rent a car when we leave Bangkok to Phuket or elswhere. Also to avoid the taxi mafia of course. So many insane drivers here.....in that video only the gunfight was missing!

Edited by I knew this would happen

Anyone also have this problem?, where you are driving normally and some of these trucks have little rocks falling off and hitting my brand new cars. It makes me so pissed

Yes! Yesterday we took the brand new car from the dealer, drove on the highway in BKK and then we were behind a dripping concrete truck. It splashed on the street and blew on our 1 minute old car.

Welcome to thailand, where the police is collecting 100baht bills from motorbikedrivers and nobody has the guts to horn to these drivers. In my homecountry he would have some black eyes allready or a huge fine from police.

I saw this on FB doing the rounds and apart from the appalling driving, which anyone who has lived here for more than ten minutes will be aware of there was one thing I picked up on from this vid. The driver of the truck was clearly using his mirrors really well, now that's something you don't see every day here.

SDM

• Like 2

I saw this on FB doing the rounds and apart from the appalling driving, which anyone who has lived here for more than ten minutes will be aware of there was one thing I picked up on from this vid. The driver of the truck was clearly using his mirrors really well, now that's something you don't see every day here.

SDM

Yeah, I was thinking that too, that guy handled that tandem trailer rig like it was a Lotus. Having said that, he also put the lives of the entire roadway in jeopardy with his revenge tactics. I drive a lot around Thailand and have seen these big rigs do lots of crazy things, but that tops it.

My biggest complaint is how they overtake slower drivers moving into the fast lane when they know you are in that fast lane and will have to hit the brakes hard to slow down, followed by how they drift into the right lane without notice when they are about to either change lanes, avoid motorbikes, whatever, and it can scare the beejesus out of you at times.

I agree that clueless idiots poking along in the fast lane is terribly annoying, but this trucker was just nuts.

• Like 1