Dogs inside condo room

Zappo

I believe this issue has been arisen before but cannot find it, long time ago.

Issue: You can not have a small pet inside your condo. That is the rule in all projects that I know of.

Someone know what the law says about this?

I mean, you bought and own the condo unit. Can any one tell you what you can do or can not do inside your own home?

Transporting the pet in and out is a different issue and the condo can certainly forbid you to do so, but if you transport your pet inside a bag you still have the pet in your domestic sphere, don't you?

Sincerely

Frustrated animal lover

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes correct, but I doubt the condo policy can tell you what you can or can not do inside your own condo. Inside communal areas, yes no doubt they can.

So, again, Is there a law that gives the condo jurisdiction the right to force the condo owner in to their terms? They seem to believe so.

Or, is there a law that gives the condo owner the right to rule inside his own property?

It's not a law it's your condo policy.

Some larger condo allow dogs

Yes correct, but I doubt the condo policy can tell you what you can or can not do inside your own condo. Inside communal areas, yes no doubt they can.

So, again, Is there a law that gives the condo jurisdiction the right to force the condo owner in to their terms? They seem to believe so.

Or, is there a law that gives the condo owner the right to rule inside his own property?

It's not a law it's your condo policy.

Some larger condo allow dogs

In practice,people do sneak dogs in condo.

Theoretically, you might lose your deposit / get kicked out if your landlord finds out.

You would be surprised how many people are willing to rat on you in this country, especially if you piss them of with noisy dog.

Anyhow, condos are small rabbit boxes and don't make a good habitat for dogs, so don't.

If the condo regulations say no pets, and the regulations are properly registered with the land office, then that is law and can be enforced on owners.

If you break the regulations the management can stop you using the common area, ie you can not get into or out of your room.

• Like 1

Think if you have to accommodate a dog-you need to think about a house? We have a Chow and specifically found a house with large garden for the dog.

Dogs need a bit of space and I can see why condos are not so keen- you are going to let him out in the morning to pee on the balcony ?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

If the condo regulations say no pets, and the regulations are properly registered with the land office, then that is law and can be enforced on owners.

If you break the regulations the management can stop you using the common area, ie you can not get into or out of your room.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. What you are telling me is that the condo owner have little rights in his own condo while tenants seem to have superior rights. They REALLY can lock me out? I thought I owned the condo I paid for. Insane.

How do I check if the rules are properly registered? As being farang you can not just walk in to Land Office and expect to get that kind of information.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. What you are telling me is that the condo owner have little rights in his own condo while tenants seem to have superior rights. They REALLY can lock me out? I thought I owned the condo I paid for. Insane.

How do I check if the rules are properly registered? As being farang you can not just walk in to Land Office and expect to get that kind of information.

Not sure if Thailand has animal companionship act, but in Australia even with the proper by laws, one can challenge it and through animal companionship act and will be allowed to keep a dog or a cat.

The only restriction body corp can put in place then is animal has to be carried across public area's

Edited by whoisyourdaddy

There are legal restrictions over your "ownership" of property in all classes of property in all jurisdictions.

No one has unlimited "rights" to do what they like anywhere on the planet.

By purchasing or renting a condo you have already agreed to follow their rules.

The fact that such rules may or may not be enforced strictly according to the law may sometimes work in your favor, but usually that works against the foreigner.

You need to find a condo that accepts pets, or live in a house.

• Like 2

There are legal restrictions over your "ownership" of property in all classes of property in all jurisdictions.

The fact that such rules may or may not be enforced strictly according to the law may sometimes work in your favor, but usually that works against the foreigner.

I think this response has the answers. I also live and own my condo in Thailand and want a dog, but I need to find either a house, townhouse or condo complex that permits them. In Hawaii, my daughter specifically bought her condo unit within a complex that permitted dogs and of course 50% or more of her neighbors have dogs - sometimes good/bad :).

If anyone locates a condo complex that permits them, please share. Yes, the confines of even a large condo is insufficient for a dog, but regular walks/runs outside a few times a day can be adequate....hmmm, that's where having your dog on a leash encountering the local Soi dogs may result in some problems and has made me rethink again :(.

• Like 1

I kept 2 chiuahas in a condo when I wasnt allowed. The building never found out. They did have signs up saying that anyone caught would first get a warning and then they would cut the water supply!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The condo i live in has a no dog policy. But some of the residents still managed to ignore the rules and keep dogs in their rooms. A couple of them are frequently out on the balcony barking away at all hours. It's so damn annoying!

• Like 1

And, of course, the next door neighbour wouldnt have dogs or roosters.

If the condo rules included forbidding playing music at rock concert levels 24 hours a day, would you think that rule unfair?

Remember, this is Thailand, 51% of the condos should be Thai owned. Have you noticed how much care the average Thai takes of his/her dog?

If you had dogs running around the communal areas, pissing and shitting and stealing food where they like, I doubt that you would be happy.

• Like 1

And, of course, the next door neighbour wouldnt have dogs or roosters.

Imagine all the fun with the cock fights in the corridors

What about a kitten? there are several strays here-they neutered 3 who now have collars and bells..If it's ok for strays to have the run of the place...I'm thinking I'll buy a kitten and when asked say it was a stray I adopted.

Why would you buy a kitten when you can adopt a stray or a rescued kitten?

• Like 2

I think this response has the answers. I also live and own my condo in Thailand and want a dog, but I need to find either a house, townhouse or condo complex that permits them. In Hawaii, my daughter specifically bought her condo unit within a complex that permitted dogs and of course 50% or more of her neighbors have dogs - sometimes good/bad smile.png.

If anyone locates a condo complex that permits them, please share. Yes, the confines of even a large condo is insufficient for a dog, but regular walks/runs outside a few times a day can be adequate....hmmm, that's where having your dog on a leash encountering the local Soi dogs may result in some problems and has made me rethink again sad.png.

President Park on Sukhumvit 24 allows pets. They even have a dog recreation area in the common area. You might find more info on other places here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/682450-list-of-condominium-in-bangkok-allowing-pets/

• Like 1

A condo is not a suitable accommodation or environment for a dog, either for small, medium or large breeds and also is considered inconsiderate to those who live in the adjoining apartments.

And how exactly did you arrive at this conclusion?whistling.gif

Just because your dogs like to yap, it does not mean all dogs yap.