To Sin-Sot or not? What is fair to both sides?

Scarpolo

I would be interested to know if the op scarpolo is american,as to them how much is so important,how much do you make at work,how much this ,how much that,in the Uk /australia we consider this very vulgar and it is rarely if ever a subject to be discussed.

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sin sot is just wrong...any way you look at it...no matter what the price.

To tell you the truth, the idea has become a joke on unsuspecting farangs.

If you think I am wrong..go to Date In Asia and ask these older ladies how much their Sin Sot is.

They will all want the money up front....and never return it. They will say it is for their credit problems.

Traditional Sin Sot is given at the wedding and returned to you after the wedding...perhaps minus costs. Tradition has been corrupted for us...and we are not expected to understand.

So yes...you will be buying a wife. She is selling herself to a farang to get ahead of her credit problems.

Girls who can get ahead of their credit problems?

I would be interested to know if the op scarpolo is american,as to them how much is so important,how much do you make at work,how much this ,how much that,in the Uk /australia we consider this very vulgar and it is rarely if ever a subject to be discussed.

I don't think most Americans will ask how much you make or how much your stuff costs either. Maybe vulgar ones, but not normal people.

• Like 2

There is like 327 Sin Sot topics now open on Thai Visa as I write. Why would anyone want to open another? Can't you use the search button? Why OH Why would anyone want another Sin Sot thread? Isn't there a pinned sin sot somewhere?

Here is what you do. Go to the upper right and type in Sin Sot and then you get 15 pages of sin sot topics back in a fraction of a second. Talk about high tech. It is a sin sot's lover's paradise.

Are you being held to gunpoint to read this thread?...no, i thought not, if you are bored with it, do something else..!!

Waste of bandwidth to discuss something that has been discussed 10,000 times on Thai Visa. The OP does not want any information he isn't even contemplating marriage.

the g/f was contemplating marraige,

I was just trying to get the landscape quotes

I am married, i. Meet my wife 6 yrs ago she was 38 married before had 3 children 11, 14, 22. My personal beliefs at the time was no but she from village outside Khon Kaen it is very strong on this matter. I discussed with my G/F and it has a lot to do with saving face and the Mamma impressing the village. I ended up doing a deal to put 400k and some gold in the pot. At first it was a village marriage and the funds are given to the head man who shows the invited villagers and puts it into a large bowl, I did the deal that I get it back next day which I did every single Bhart, part of the deal was that I look after Mamma which we do, give Mamma couple thou a month, pay her power and other small things like buying some food for her etc.

We then got married at the official register office.

We have just negotiated her daughters promised marriage, all our family and the boy friends family they offered 100k I stayed out side my wife kept coming out with the news. She asked my what I thought I said no way 500k she went back in and kept coming out with the up dates then asked me to come in, I did and I started the serious negotiations through my wife we ended going with 300k, every one happy, all shaking my hand.

Other young girl here not living with parents got 10k from the boy friend.

It is all different price ranges.

So you have allowed your step-daughter to enter married life with a huge debt millstone around her neck. You think the boyfriend or his family have 300k Baht in cash ?

Boy: “If I gave you 500k Baht, would you sleep with me?”

Girl: “500k Baht is a lot of money, and you don’t look that bad, so I guess I would consider it”

Boy: “OK, since I don’t have 500k Baht, would you sleep with me for 100k?”

Girl: (outraged) “What do you think I am, some kind of cheap whore?”

Boy: “We’ve already established WHAT you are, now we are just negotiating the price”

You assume the grooms family borrowed the money for the bride bribe?

A 20 year old girl in our marriage just married last week with a SS of 40,000 Baht. Two days ago she dumped the guy.

Three days ago our neighbour dumped her hubby for the past 9 years because her parents told her to do because he is a Cheap Charley, selling sandwiches.

She is now on Thai Love Links and dreaming to finally own a house. Yesterday she came once again to our house and asked my Mrs for advise as their are three farangs ready to fly down to meet her parents. She is asking for 500k, have a nine year old son and she gambles daily.

Perhaps you can video tape their next business consultation, and post it here?

A 20 year old girl in our marriage just married last week with a SS of 40,000 Baht. Two days ago she dumped the guy.

Three days ago our neighbour dumped her hubby for the past 9 years because her parents told her to do because he is a Cheap Charley, selling sandwiches.

She is now on Thai Love Links and dreaming to finally own a house. Yesterday she came once again to our house and asked my Mrs for advise as their are three farangs ready to fly down to meet her parents. She is asking for 500k, have a nine year old son and she gambles daily.

Haha... if she can find some fool to pay that, great. She must be pretty hot. Wonder if the guys know about the money yet?