Is there such a thing as storage lockers in Thailand?

finy

I'm not talking big ones where you'd keep couches, etc.

Just small ones that could accomidate something the same size as a backpack. Obviously it would have to be a secure building with cameras, guards, etc.

Just had a passport scare and it's made me realize I don't want to walk around with every important document I own in a backpack.

I'd love a facility like this to be available so I could make my way there in event of emergency.

Does such a place exist that might charge a monthly fee?

TY

That's so annoying when Thai companies that provide simple, basic services like storage don't list their rates on their web site. That makes the web site nothing more than a means to generate phone calls & email inquiries instead of actually generating business. Whenever I see a "call for quote" web site, I always assume that they're too expensive for me and I look elsewhere.

I'm guessing the OP is living out of his back pack? If you've got a room, check to see if the front desk has safe deposit boxes. Every place I've ever stayed - even the basic cheap hotels - had safe deposit boxes. If you're not a hotel guest, try stopping in and ask if you can rent one of their boxes for a day or two. Of course then you'd have to worry about losing your key, and drilling out a safe deposit box lock is expensive.

[edit] I just re-read your OP and see that you want a place large enough to stow your whole backpack, so disregard the safe deposit box idea.

Edited by attrayant

Thanks for the replies.

Thought this thread had died.

I actually figured out Bangkok Bank rents boxes for a decent price per year, so I might see if any of the main branches in BKK have any available.

Thanks for the replies.

I actually figured out Bangkok Bank rents boxes for a decent price per year, so I might see if any of the main branches in BKK have any available.

How much do they charge? Big enough to fit a backpack in?

Thanks for the replies.

How much do they charge? Big enough to fit a backpack in?

It's on their site, but it's around 1,000 to 4,000 per year.

Not big enough for a backpack, but big enough for important documents and electronic valuables etc.