Yingluck condemns violence in Trat, Ratchaprasong

webfact

Yingluck condemns violence in Trat, Ratchaprasong
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Sunday condemned the attacks in Trat and near the Ratchaprasong rally site that also saw children killed and injured.

Yingluck posted a message on her Facebook wall that she was sad that children were killed and she would like to extend her condolence to families of the injured and slain victims.

"I strongly condemn the use of violence in recent days that has caused many deaths both at Trat Province and especially at Rachaprasong today, which is particularly saddening and disturbing since the lives of children were lost," Yingluck said.

She said she has instructed officials concerned to find out the culprits and would punish them no matter which side they belonged to.

Yingluck said her government would not tolerate the act of terrorism for political goal without caring about people's life.

"The government will not tolerate terrorism and has ordered a full investigation by authorities to find the culprits and bring them to justice without exception," her Facebook message said.

She said those with different views should turn to use peaceful measures to express their opinions instead of using violence.

"But the use of violence that lead to deaths are not the civilized way of the living. It is not the way of life of Thais who are naturally considerate and empthatic to fellow citizens, rather than resort to senseless killings. I would like to again call on all sides that it is best to use peaceful means to resolve the political conflict through the democratic process," Yingluck said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-24

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Caretaker PM Yingluck , the P.M. is now on record of condemning violence and supporting piece-full dialog, now this is on record , what is said / indicated behind the scene is a different matter, unfortunately the record for speaking the truth and being transparent are not a high point with in the PTP Administrations vocabulary bah.gif

You can check my previous posts to see that I am no big fan of the current gov....

But after her last speech on the wonderful ness of the rice pledging scheme and all the talk that she had violated election law... Guessing she may have been told by her legal team not to make any more Speeches on TV until the election Is final

At least I hope that's the reason why..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And the newspaper should cease constantly referring to her as "caretaker." It only serves to further antagonize, fracture, and engender conflict. It also detracts from the issue of violence and killing and maintaining peace.

That's all she is at present, Caretaker Prime Minister, that is the proper title.

• Like 1

Facebook? So she gets her orders via Skype and sends them to her Facebook page. thaksin may as well type the messages directly to her Facebook and she can be out of the picture.

I'm glad in a way, the country will see she is not very sincere due to the majority of the population not having access to Facebook. Though going by the reaction of the 4000 UDD supporters that cheered, clapped and whistled when they heard about the tragic loss of life in Trat maybe that was her intention.

The information can be filtered to the PT strong holds through those very same people that has been shown to celebrate terrorism and death. Fortunately the average Thai do not represent what the UDD leadership stands for.

You have no problems conveying your message on TV while shedding crocodile tears when your regime is threatened and when political gain can be achieved. The whole country had access to that televised address.

You have no problem last Tuesday going onto TV to blame the PDRC for the failed payments of the rice scheme and then still heralding the scheme a success. There was much to gain politically and the whole country had access to the televised address.

When you don't tolerate the act of terrorism and you have nothing to gain politically. When you can't demonize the opposition and don't shed a single tear for the loss of life, 50% of the population can read your insincere message on Facebook. To rub salt in the wounds it is the 50% that didn't vote for you because the ones that did still can't afford a computer or internet even though the Shinawatra regime has injected 1.5 trillion baht into the farmers plight for over 10 years.

So really there is no excuse for not showing your face on TV to act like a leader should and face the people and tell them how you feel and strongly condemn. That emotional message cannot be conveyed on Facebook.

If it was your child yingluck, would you send a message on Facebook to condone the attacks. Think about it. Those kids had parents, brothers, sisters. The poor child's only crime in Bangkok was to go shopping with his dad and sister in Big C.

Your not a leader. Your a scared little coward hiding in a corner showing your true colors.

Umm, news flash, I don't think Yingluck is reading this forum...

• Like 1

Awww...putting on a show on behalf of her brother again?

The Thaksin regime had been shaken to its core. The PM was cornered and felt her life was in danger because the military had distanced itself and the police had buckled to public scrutiny.

"The red shirts' hard core is Thaksin's last resort plus his crony police officers helping him to carry out underground operations focusing on instigating unlimited violence,'' he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Redshirt-threats-get-political-tension-boiling-30227587.html

I admire her, she has branded these killers as terrorists.

Unlike Suthep who glorifies his killers as "his popcorn vendors".

He even says he admires them and that he likes their actions ...which basically means, he supports and encourages murder.

Did the shooters at Lak Si kill anyone?

"She said she has instructed officials concerned to find out the culprits..."

In doing that, one needs to merely ask four main questions for starters

1. Which political forces are served by chaos, havoc, bombings and mayhem?
  2. Which ones are not?
  3. Which political forces are served by foisting such turmoil in their opposites, and for purposes it is generated in the first place.
  4. Which side has leadership aggrandizing gunmen with 'popcorn-sack' covered guns.

Answering those questions will go a long way in focussing attention on the sources of this mayhem.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

He even says he admires them and that he likes their actions ...which basically means, he supports and encourages murder.

What a shameless attempt to divert the argument.

• Like 1

What a shameless attempt to divert the argument.

It's not diverting the argument. Shannon suggested he supports murder? Where is Suthep supporting murder?

• Like 1

Facebook? So she gets her orders via Skype and sends them to her Facebook page. thaksin may as well type the messages directly to her Facebook and she can be out of the picture.

I'm glad in a way, the country will see she is not very sincere due to the majority of the population not having access to Facebook. Though going by the reaction of the 4000 UDD supporters that cheered, clapped and whistled when they heard about the tragic loss of life in Trat maybe that was her intention.

The information can be filtered to the PT strong holds through those very same people that has been shown to celebrate terrorism and death. Fortunately the average Thai do not represent what the UDD leadership stands for.

You have no problems conveying your message on TV while shedding crocodile tears when your regime is threatened and when political gain can be achieved. The whole country had access to that televised address.

You have no problem last Tuesday going onto TV to blame the PDRC for the failed payments of the rice scheme and then still heralding the scheme a success. There was much to gain politically and the whole country had access to the televised address.

When you don't tolerate the act of terrorism and you have nothing to gain politically. When you can't demonize the opposition and don't shed a single tear for the loss of life, 50% of the population can read your insincere message on Facebook. To rub salt in the wounds it is the 50% that didn't vote for you because the ones that did still can't afford a computer or internet even though the Shinawatra regime has injected 1.5 trillion baht into the farmers plight for over 10 years.

So really there is no excuse for not showing your face on TV to act like a leader should and face the people and tell them how you feel and strongly condemn. That emotional message cannot be conveyed on Facebook.

If it was your child yingluck, would you send a message on Facebook to condone the attacks. Think about it. Those kids had parents, brothers, sisters. The poor child's only crime in Bangkok was to go shopping with his dad and sister in Big C.

Your not a leader. Your a scared little coward hiding in a corner showing your true colors.

Umm, news flash, I don't think Yingluck is reading this forum...

That's my point exactly. She doesn't do much at all.