Russian caught with Marijuana at South Pattaya Police Checkpoint

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow , so many stupid comment one more time , I will start to believe this Thai visa blog is made for frustrated foreigners who have no other option than bashing day after day . For Christ sake , this is pot .... I prefer to see a guy like this than a fat European or Yankee totally drunk walking in pattaya walking street . I am so ashame about some people here but not those you are bashing about. Do you really think to be better than anyone else ????

Better than a drug taker that's for sure

A pocket full of marijuana!

The horror.

Good to see American-style fascism alive and well in Thailand. Makes me feel right at home.

In NYC its just a summons unless you got heavyweight

In Melbourne for 1st offence you have a choice, summons or accept a drug diversion program which is like a caution and you undergo a compulsory drug counselling program. Subsequent offences it's court and possible jail time

What kind of punishment does he get from this? Does anyone know?

Category I: Dangerous narcotics such as heroine;

Category II: Ordinary narcotics such as morphine, cocaine, codeine, medicinal opium;

Category III: Narcotics which are in form of medicinal formula and contain narcotics of Category II as ingredients in accordance with rules prescribed by Minister and published in the Government Gazette

Category IV: Narcotics which consist of chemical used for producing narcotics of Category I or II such as acetic anhydride, or acetyl chloride;

Category V: Narcotics which are not included in Category I-IV such as marijuana or Kraton Plant.

Any one caught in violation of the above mentioned laws shall be punished by imprisonment or death depending on the circumstances as weighed by the Thai Courts.

It would be more honest to quote the actual law and penalties as below.

FOR CANNABIS UNDER CATEGORY 5:

• From 2-15 years imprisonment and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation

• From 2-10 years imprisonment or a fine of 40,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. If the quantity is over 10 kilograms, the penalty is increased to a maximum of 15 years and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht

• Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession

• Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

But I guess we cannot let the truth get in the way of a good story.

So long as the guy has some cash, just pay some compensation to the BIB, as a conjecture say 10k to 20k baht. Was a guy on TV arrested up North, got bail & eventually went to Court. Many posters said will do jail time and then get deported. Outcome? was fined 5k baht for possession and let go.

A Russian hippie? cheesy.gif

Russkies are slowly catching up with the west, they are up to the 60's already.

I went to a wedding December last, and this very nice young Chinese bird had flown in for the occasion.....wub.png

She asked me to sing Beatles songs.............blink.png .................I did............laugh.png

A Russian hippie? cheesy.gif

Russkies are slowly catching up with the west, they are up to the 60's already.

I went to a wedding December last, and this very nice young Chinese bird had flown in for the occasion.....wub.png

She asked me to sing Beatles songs.............blink.png .................I did............laugh.png

I hope that was not at the time that everyone had to leave.smile.png I bet the Russian Guy does a mean "Kalinka...."

Edited by harrry

I would never have picked him as a marijuana user, good work by the police!

i would much rather drunk violent fools be taken of the street, bumper to bumper speed demons taken of the roads, corrupt officials, how is this good work?

How will this make society better?

Do you know what it takes to live in good society?

How in a million years is this good work?

grow up

I would never have picked him as a marijuana user, good work by the police!

i would much rather drunk violent fools be taken of the street, bumper to bumper speed demons taken of the roads, corrupt officials, how is this good work?

How will this make society better?

Do you know what it takes to live in good society?

How in a million years is this good work?

grow up

Because it is a farang "millionaire" ............and sooooooo BiB............intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

Wow , so many stupid comment one more time , I will start to believe this Thai visa blog is made for frustrated foreigners who have no other option than bashing day after day . For Christ sake , this is pot .... I prefer to see a guy like this than a fat European or Yankee totally drunk walking in pattaya walking street . I am so ashame about some people here but not those you are bashing about. Do you really think to be better than anyone else ????

Better than a drug taker that's for sure

I disagree 100%......unless of course the drug is Ice or Crack or Yaba or some dangerous crap like that...... as for just weed, I would take a mellow, non-dangerous stoner over the loser alcoholic scumbags I see virtually every night walking around Pattaya and starting fights and being loud and obnoxious. Alcohol turns a lot of people into instant a-holes.

• Like 2

He reminds me of my brother 30 years ago, he used to play in a psychedelic band called <deleted> makers or something like that. They only met to get high I think.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app