english pension transfer through hi fx

im 65 in april and have been told this hi fx company will transfer

my pension here for about 9 quid a month as opposed to nat west , nationwide , bangkok bank etc seem to charge between 15 quid and 23

so does any one here use hi fx or any other company that do a reliable , safe transfer deal and care to share their info ?

thanks for any input on this :)

dave2

ps ... i will be telling the pension people i live here from day one so please no ... your pension will be frozen answers please coz im not starting lying at my time of life :)

post-42592-0-29483600-1393206407_thumb.j

Hello

I too am an expat UK OAP who previously used HIFX with no problems at all However I have recently changed to a similar company who offer the same service for no charge. They also seem to work Ok with slightly better rates than HIFX. Money is in my Bangkok Banks account approx 24 hours after being transferred by the company. BTW Bangkok bank charge only 200 baht for the incoming transfer.

If you care to PM me I will be pleased to introduce you as the company offer a M&S voucher for successful introductions.They also offer a monthly service similar to a standing order for the transfers so once set up with a standing order into them from your UK bank the system becomes completely automatic.

Best regards

Norfolkboy

I use Caxton Fx they do not charge you for transfers, but has to be £100 or more. The more you send the better rate you get i.e £100 - 52.53 baht, £10,000 - 53.15 baht, £50,000 - 53.65 baht. I have made many transactions to my Bangkok Bank account and Bangkok Bank have never made any charges. I do not know how much other Thai banks charge to receive foreign transfers, but I use Bangkok Bank because with Caxton Fx they are free.

lite beer

re.. The pension service will send it to Thailand for free at a pretty good rate.

as far as i know they will send it to bankok bank london for free but then it costs 15 quid if you transfer in thai baht or about 23 quid if they send gbp to thailand

thats what im trying to get down !

greenhill .. thanks but i dont want to open any more bank accounts :(

norfolkboy .. thanks for that info pm sent !

bamboozle 40 .. thanks for the info on caxton ill have a look at them but could you please explain this a bit more please coz i dont understand it ... see answer to lite beer :(

I use Bangkok Bank because with Caxton Fx they are free.

many thank for all info

dave2

pic .. chiang mai flower festival float 9 feb 14

post-42592-0-47405300-1393377966_thumb.j

bamboozle 40 .. thanks for the info on caxton ill have a look at them but could you please explain this a bit more please coz i dont understand it ... see answer to lite beer sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

I use Bangkok Bank because with Caxton Fx they are free.

What I mean is sending thai baht to my Bangkok Bank account in Thailand from my Barclays current account in England, through Caxton Fx has not cost me a penny. Bangkok Bank have not charged me anything for any of my transfers through Caxton Fx, and I have made over 50 transfers.

You can get your pension paid into you English current account then transfer it yourself through Caxton Fx to your Bangkok Bank account in Thailand for free as long as your minimum transfer is £100 or more. Give Caxton a call on 08456582223 or +442072010518 (from overseas).

p.s. you must also have a debit card linked to your english current account that your pension is paid into, because credit cards are not accepted only debit cards.

The Pension service will transfer the money directly to your bank in Thailand.

https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-if-you-retire-abroad/payment

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/310891/Will-it-cost-me-to-get-my-State-pension-sent-out-to-Thailand

Payment to a bank in the country where you live
Your State Pension can be paid electronically into any of the following countries:
Antigua, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belgium, Canada, Channel Islands, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica (Commonwealth), Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Grenada, Guyana, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, South Africa, Spain, St Kitts – Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America.

From October 2009 additional countries included are: Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Colombia, Egypt, Greece, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey and Yemen.

Payment will be made in the local currency of the country in which the bank account is held. No charges are made for this service.

http://www.expatmoneychannel.com/content/your-pension-while-abroad