Anti-govt protest leadership and Thai govt trade accusations over twin attacks

webfact

The police seem to be able to catch the assailants that shot the red shirt leader but they can't even get a suspect in the bombings that have been happening for months now? It's amazing what the police here can or cannot do when they put their mind into it. rolleyes.gif

The police and Poo's government cannot guarantee our safety. They're letting a bomber blow kids up. At best, they're negligent and have let people die because they can't do their job. At worst, they're complicit in the bombings.

My advice to them is this. Resign. F off. If this government and its pet police force can't do their jobs then let the army take over.

I think you are slowly but surely losing it TVGerry.

The police were able to apprehend some suspects (not yet confirmed that they were the assailants, as far as I know) in the shooting of Kwanchai. Why? Because there were eye witness accounts and eye witnesses who were willing to COOPERATE with the police.

In the case of the so called "attacks" over the previous few months (use of parenthesis because they were so ineffectual except for the last two - I shall address this later on in my post), the police were not present in the area because they were not welcomed. There was no way to gather any evidence and whatever evidence there was would have likely been contaminated. Eye witness accounts (assuming there were any and given freely) would have merely amounted to one or more persons in a vehicle that drove past and threw a grenade out of the window. No information as to the type of vehicle (though if they have said an Isuzu D-Max, that would have narrowed the number of suspects down to about 2 million) or registration number.

The Kwanchai case was on a particular individual thus establishing a motive would have been possible. The other attacks were indiscriminate - possible motive is to tell the protestors to bugger off.

Are you such a Sherlock that you would have been able to arrest anyone?

As for the army, they have their hands full in the Deep South. How would you rate their performance there?

We now come back to the last two attacks. The modus operandi seems familiar. But that's where the familiarity ends. These last two attacks were designed to kill and maim. It makes me wonder as to whether the earlier "attacks" were done by the same groups of people. Whoever did the earlier "attacks" were rank amateurs compared to the despicable killers of the Trat and Rajprasong attacks.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I fear that all future attacks will claim lives.

The gloves are off. Completely unjustified in my opinion but when a wounded and threatened animal is cornered, it's left with a Hobson's choice.

That's your interpretation of what's happening but the fact of the matter is, the police do not want to catch these people. They're on the side of the government so why would they want to catch the people who trying to hurt their enemies? I mean one of their own even went on stage and gleefully cheered the deaths at Trat. No policeman seems to have condemned his behavior.

Another scary possibility and worst case scenario is that the police themselves are involved in the attacks.

Unfortunately, the attacks have gotten too deadly. The Shinawatras have been backed into a corner and now that their businesses are being targeted, you're right in saying the gloves are off. These attacks are done by the same people, the difference is the earlier attacks were used to scare and they purposely missed. They won't miss anymore.If this goes on, the Army will have its excuse to stage a coup. Then we'll see what happens.

Edited by TVGerry
  • Like 1

The police seem to be able to catch the assailants that shot the red shirt leader but they can't even get a suspect in the bombings that have been happening for months now? It's amazing what the police here can or cannot do when they put their mind into it. rolleyes.gif

The police and Poo's government cannot guarantee our safety. They're letting a bomber blow kids up. At best, they're negligent and have let people die because they can't do their job. At worst, they're complicit in the bombings.

My advice to them is this. Resign. F off. If this government and its pet police force can't do their jobs then let the army take over.

The police were able to apprehend some suspects (not yet confirmed that they were the assailants, as far as I know) in the shooting of Kwanchai. Why? Because there were eye witness accounts and eye witnesses who were willing to COOPERATE with the police.

In the case of the so called "attacks" over the previous few months (use of parenthesis because they were so ineffectual except for the last two - I shall address this later on in my post), the police were not present in the area because they were not welcomed. There was no way to gather any evidence and whatever evidence there was would have likely been contaminated. Eye witness accounts (assuming there were any and given freely) would have merely amounted to one or more persons in a vehicle that drove past and threw a grenade out of the window. No information as to the type of vehicle (though if they have said an Isuzu D-Max, that would have narrowed the number of suspects down to about 2 million) or registration number.

The Kwanchai case was on a particular individual thus establishing a motive would have been possible. The other attacks were indiscriminate - possible motive is to tell the protestors to bugger off.

As for the army, they have their hands full in the Deep South. How would you rate their performance there?

We now come back to the last two attacks. The modus operandi seems familiar. But that's where the familiarity ends. These last two attacks were designed to kill and maim. It makes me wonder as to whether the earlier "attacks" were done by the same groups of people. Whoever did the earlier "attacks" were rank amateurs compared to the despicable killers of the Trat and Rajprasong attacks.

The gloves are off. Completely unjustified in my opinion but when a wounded and threatened animal is cornered, it's left with a Hobson's choice.

First of:

In the case of the so called "attacks" over the previous few months (use of parenthesis because they were so ineffectual except for the last two

This "so called attacks" have already resulted in the dead and injuriy of dozens of people, one PDRC murdered in broad daylight, one protester killed and 30 injured after a grenade attack on the 17th of January, dozens more injured a couple days later at Victory Monument.

Dozens of attacks, and not ONE culprit arrested, no suspects, nothing, zero.

The closest I've seen of getting one of the terrorist was when after the grenade attacks against the PDRC at Victory monument, one of the suspects, a man working with/for Red Shirt leader Ko Tee publicly declared that he knew who the attacker was and were he was hiding, he also asked him to stop. Search "Bangkok Post Suspect Denies Victory Monument Attack")

The other instance was when 4 people were found carrying the same type of grenades used in many of the attacks, the police quickly declared that they were not connected and since then nothing more has been heard about them.

Lastly:

"The gloves are off. Completely unjustified in my opinion but when a wounded and threatened animal is cornered, it's left with a Hobson's choice."

Completely unjustified... and then you justify it. :rolleyes:

That's your interpretation of what's happening but the fact of the matter is, the police do not want to catch these people. They're on the side of the government so why would they want to catch the people who trying to hurt their enemies? I mean one of their own even went on stage and gleefully cheered the deaths at Trat. No policeman seems to have condemned his behavior.

Another scary possibility and worst case scenario is that the police themselves are involved in the attacks.

Unfortunately, the attacks have gotten too deadly. The Shinawatras have been backed into a corner and now that their businesses are being targeted, you're right in saying the gloves are off. These attacks are done by the same people, the difference is the earlier attacks were used to scare and they purposely missed. They won't miss anymore.If this goes on, the Army will have its excuse to stage a coup. Then we'll see what happens.

I "liked" your post because for a change, you put forward a constructive comment.

Yes, it's my interpretation of what's happening, I thank you for accepting that. May I then be so bold as to challenge your "fact" as an interpretation as well? The fact that one policeman glorified the deaths in Trat does not mean that the whole force shares his sentiment.

Your opinion that the police themselves are involved in the attacks is not all that far fetched - they definitely have the motive for doing so. Well done for being the first poster that has highlighted this real possibility.

Your last paragraph captures the real essence of the situation (my disclaimer being that I'm not as certain as you that all the attacks were done by the same people). PT (not necessarily the Shinawatras) have been backed into a corner. They may still have an ace or two up their sleeves - I cannot say for sure. What is worrying is that some of their supporters may not be as visionary and may have reacted prematurely. I don't think the last two attacks were done on the instruction or approval of PT. I think that these are the actions of splinter extremist groups deciding for themselves that enough is enough. In their eyes, the caretaker government has pussy footed for too long and have been too lenient and tolerant (frankly speaking, I think the same myself though I would not resort to violence under any circumstances).

Let's be perfectly honest here. If some splinter groups decide to take the law into their own hands, no government will be able to control such a situation. The protest sites are a sitting duck for any extremists out there that wants to cause trouble. I am myself concerned as I live smack bang in the middle of such a site (Asoke). My 2 year old is with me and I have decided to send him out of Bangkok this week as the potential for violence is increasing by the day. I also don't think the Army will stage a coup. The downside is just too horrifying to visualise.

First of:

In the case of the so called "attacks" over the previous few months (use of parenthesis because they were so ineffectual except for the last two

This "so called attacks" have already resulted in the dead and injuriy of dozens of people, one PDRC murdered in broad daylight, one protester killed and 30 injured after a grenade attack on the 17th of January, dozens more injured a couple days later at Victory Monument.

The closest I've seen of getting one of the terrorist was when after the grenade attacks against the PDRC at Victory monument, one of the suspects, a man working with/for Red Shirt leader Ko Tee publicly declared that he knew who the attacker was and were he was hiding, he also asked him to stop. Search "Bangkok Post Suspect Denies Victory Monument Attack")

The other instance was when 4 people were found carrying the same type of grenades used in many of the attacks, the police quickly declared that they were not connected and since then nothing more has been heard about them.

Lastly:

"The gloves are off. Completely unjustified in my opinion but when a wounded and threatened animal is cornered, it's left with a Hobson's choice."

Completely unjustified... and then you justify it. rolleyes.gif

Sigh.....

One PDRC murdered in broad daylight - I presume you are talking about Suthin (?) When he and his merry men blocked voting? I do not lump this under the "nightly attacks" on the protest sites.

One protestor killed - kindly refresh my memory as to this incident. I'm not saying this did not happen, I just don't recollect it at the moment.

The rest of your post is irrelevant. Do you or do you not agree that the stakes have been raised in the last few days? I really can't be arsed as to who the perpetrators were for the earlier "attacks". I am however concerned about where we are heading in these coming weeks. I don't know where you live but I live right on top of one of the potential hit sites. The entrance to my abode is no more than 100 metres from the stage. Each and every time that I step out of my apartment, I am in danger of being classified as collateral damage. As is my wife and my 2 year old and her nanny.

Should I move from where I am staying then? Yes, that is of course an option. Will Suthep reimburse me accordingly? I'm not asking for much, just a Bht 6,000 baht a night suite room in a decent hotel away from any of the protest sites.

For those of you who are not living in Bangkok and not affected by the protests, tone down your rhetoric and let whatever intelligence you have shine through occasionally.

I "liked" your post because for a change, you put forward a constructive comment.

Yes, it's my interpretation of what's happening, I thank you for accepting that. May I then be so bold as to challenge your "fact" as an interpretation as well? The fact that one policeman glorified the deaths in Trat does not mean that the whole force shares his sentiment.

Your opinion that the police themselves are involved in the attacks is not all that far fetched - they definitely have the motive for doing so. Well done for being the first poster that has highlighted this real possibility.

Your last paragraph captures the real essence of the situation (my disclaimer being that I'm not as certain as you that all the attacks were done by the same people). PT (not necessarily the Shinawatras) have been backed into a corner. They may still have an ace or two up their sleeves - I cannot say for sure. What is worrying is that some of their supporters may not be as visionary and may have reacted prematurely. I don't think the last two attacks were done on the instruction or approval of PT. I think that these are the actions of splinter extremist groups deciding for themselves that enough is enough. In their eyes, the caretaker government has pussy footed for too long and have been too lenient and tolerant (frankly speaking, I think the same myself though I would not resort to violence under any circumstances).

Let's be perfectly honest here. If some splinter groups decide to take the law into their own hands, no government will be able to control such a situation. The protest sites are a sitting duck for any extremists out there that wants to cause trouble. I am myself concerned as I live smack bang in the middle of such a site (Asoke). My 2 year old is with me and I have decided to send him out of Bangkok this week as the potential for violence is increasing by the day. I also don't think the Army will stage a coup. The downside is just too horrifying to visualise.

For a change? I personally think my comments are always constructive. whistling.gif

Here's the thing, what that policeman said was reprehensible and while the whole police force may not share his sentiment, I don't see any public condemnation of his behavior by other policemen either. I don't see General Adul publicly condemning him, let alone suspending or firing him. So it gives the impression that the police actually agree with him and that's just sick.

If the people who are controlling these bombers have truly lost control of them or it's a splinter group then there will be more bloodshed down the road. With the police not being able or not wanting to catch these bombers, it will have to be the army that does it. And the only way would either be to declare martial law or to stage a coup. With the Army in charge, the first thing they'll do will be to tell Suthep and his PRDC to go home and I doubt even Suthep will say no to the Army.

First of:

Lastly:

Completely unjustified... and then you justify it. rolleyes.gif

Sigh.....

One PDRC murdered in broad daylight - I presume you are talking about Suthin (?) When he and his merry men blocked voting? I do not lump this under the "nightly attacks" on the protest sites.

One protestor killed - kindly refresh my memory as to this incident. I'm not saying this did not happen, I just don't recollect it at the moment.

The rest of your post is irrelevant. Do you or do you not agree that the stakes have been raised in the last few days? I really can't be arsed as to who the perpetrators were for the earlier "attacks". I am however concerned about where we are heading in these coming weeks. I don't know where you live but I live right on top of one of the potential hit sites. The entrance to my abode is no more than 100 metres from the stage. Each and every time that I step out of my apartment, I am in danger of being classified as collateral damage. As is my wife and my 2 year old and her nanny.

Should I move from where I am staying then? Yes, that is of course an option. Will Suthep reimburse me accordingly? I'm not asking for much, just a Bht 6,000 baht a night suite room in a decent hotel away from any of the protest sites.

For those of you who are not living in Bangkok and not affected by the protests, tone down your rhetoric and let whatever intelligence you have shine through occasionally.

You are moving the goalpost, you made no mention of "nightly" attacks in your post. In any case why do you get to constrain what is a "valid" attack based on the time of the day it was carried out?

The incident you have trouble remembering, even though I provided the date, was the attack on the protestors marching on Banthan Thong Road. I assumed that everyone would be aware of the incident, since it received widespread coverage.

I really can't be arsed as to who the perpetrators were for the earlier "attacks".

The police seem to share your attitude, and that is the reason why the attacks continue with impunity.

well it wouldn't surprise me if Tarit's DSI are not pressing charges against the two little girls families as they were active members of an anti government protest - sick as that sounds it wouldn't surprise me - I assume from the food stall in the photos that the blood plastered all over the ground was the blood of children - seen too much of that in Northern Ireland at the hands of evil people

I think I'd want to meet the people in person that supported planned and cheered this horrid act if I was the father....nothing more to say

• Like 1