getting the timing right uk settlement visa suporting evidence required

regarding my wife and stepdaughters settlement visas for the UK (We) are hoping to apply online very soon, we then want to book an appointment at VFS for early April 8 or 9th . but I will not have the last peice of my supporting evidence SA302 tax document from HMRC which I plan to print from online but cannot get this until after 6th April when it has been filed online .

My questions are ;

1. Will it be ok to fill the online application in before i have all the supporting documents as mentioned above .

2. Will I be able to book an appointment with only a few days notice after i have the SA302 or should i chance it and book the appointment a few weeks in advance hoping the document is in my possession before we go , as I guess I could always cancel and rearrange the appointment if we don't have it by then .

3. How soon would it be sensible to apply with any changes possibly due to be announced some time in March

many thanks ...

Thanks Ginglee ,I am hoping i can otherwise both my applications will fail . I have called HMRC and they say i can print them off the screen . I hope this will be ok for the purpose of my visa applications . I am guessing that a mortgage company/bank would request original documents as they have no way of checking if they are true or not . But again I am guessing that UKBA have a direct line to HMRC and can easily check they are correct and not fakes . I have not seen anywhere on the applications or the guidance notes that they must be original documents , and i have had a response from this sites sponsor saying they believe that is the case .

If anyone knows if this is true or not I would really appreciate it .

You can fill the online application before you have all the supporting documents , to keep the application live you have to log in to the visa4uk website every 6 days, you can do this indefinitely until you are ready to pay and submit the application . When you submit the application you must book an appontment within 30 days.

You can only book an appointment 7 days in advance, this rolls forward on a daily basis.

You cannot submit the application at VFS until you have all the supporting documentation.

I hope you are aware that your wife and daughter if she is over 11 years of age , require a TB test at the IOM in Bangkok , best to get this done as soon as possible because if they find something they are not happy with she will have to have a sputum test which requires a wait of 8 weeks for the results. My advice is get this test done before you submit and pay for the visa online.

Your wife is also required to attain an A1 English test pass, which can be taken at BULATS in Bangkok.

I hope this helps, I have just submitted my wife's settlement visa after waiting two months for her sputum test results which thankfully were negative .

• Like 1

Glad all was well with the sputum test . They have both had a trip to Bangkok for the TB tests. all was well also.

Thanks for the other info . when you say 7 days in advance ,do you mean up to 7 days or more than 7 days . I would hopefully submit the application the 6th or 7 th of april and hopefully try for an appointment a few days after .

They used to be loaded on the system seven days ahead, I'm pretty sure that's still the case.

So if you went on the booking system tomorrow day seven would be available, with any slots that are left from earlier days.

I've often seen next day appointments still available.

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you , it looks like my hopes for the timings will work out , one worry is that the weekend following the 6th April is Songkran and I really would prefer to get the application in before so I don't get caught up in the mass migration to and from Bangkok and the sooner the decision will be made the better . Its Awful been away from my Wife and children.

Regarding the English test my wife took the Trinity college London test while she was in the UK and she was awarded "a grade 2 Entry level certificate in ESOL International A1 of the CEFR" that was as we where assured by them at the time what she would require for a settlement visa . I know its not the usual one that most Thai's take . So I hope it will be ok .

If it is on the list of approved test providers then it is acceptable to UKVI.

As this provider doesn't operate in Thailand, staff at VFS may not recognise the certificate and so try and persuade your wife that it isn't acceptable. If they do, tell her to stick to her guns and insist that they forward the application to the embassy as is.

• Like 1

Thanks 7 by 7 . I am as certain as i am about anything that it is on the list . all be it the very last one on the list . But their where lots of people in Manchester on the day of the exam and they all where doing it for settlement Visas .

But that's great information I will let her know she may get some resistance from VFS staff.

Can anyone comment on the SA302 from HMRC either an Online printout or do i need an Original from them posting out .

I think Tony M suggested i could put in the application with a printout and wait and see if they request an original . My big worry is that it gets declined and I loose the fees but even worse I have to go through the big wait to be united with my family again . .

Thanks 7 by 7 . I am as certain as i am about anything that it is on the list . all be it the very last one on the list . But their where lots of people in Manchester on the day of the exam and they all where doing it for settlement Visas .

But that's great information I will let her know she may get some resistance from VFS staff.

That English test certificate should be fine and also for a subsequent FLR applications.

It's just about the minimum / easiest / cheapest / quickest one to obtain and is why it's so popular.

Can anyone comment on the SA302 from HMRC either an Online printout or do i need an Original from them posting out .

I think Tony M suggested i could put in the application with a printout and wait and see if they request an original . My big worry is that it gets declined and I loose the fees but even worse I have to go through the big wait to be united with my family again . .

See Section 3.4 Evidential Flexibility of the financial appendix.

That English test certificate should be fine and also for a subsequent FLR applications.

It's just about the minimum / easiest / cheapest / quickest one to obtain and is why it's so popular.

Thats me cheap ! and easy ! :)

It was very easy and it was one of the reasons we chose it , they have a good online demo of different candidates taking the test and that video realy helped my wife relax a bit . she is terrified about any kind of test , god knows how she will be if and when we get t the ILR stage and the test is really difficult .

Thanks again

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

See Section 3.4 Evidential Flexibility of the financial appendix.

Thanks for the Link but I am still not much clearer , I could end up in a few categories there .
3.4.5. E
submit a copy As I will be in Thailand on the 6th April I cannot (I think ) ask HMRC to post me an original . (but the truth would be that I could probably get someone to visit my house every day waiting for the mail , open it all until they find the SA302 original and then post it out to Thailand towards the end of April . as long as it makes it over in the post DHL etc OK then I could submit my application.

Or do i go with an online copy and hope it is ok and if not , hope they ask for the original as it is at there discretion to do so . which will hopefully have made the journey described above .

Difficult decisions to make . GRRRRRR why is it never straight forward .