Salmon Sandwiches

Issangeorge

If you love salmon sandwiches as I do, you will notice it is impossible to find canned salmon in Isaan. The only place I have seen it was in Bangkok and it was poor quality. Well today I found frozen minced salmon in Macro's Mukdahan store. It's not A1 quality, but still pretty good. It was only about ฿140 a kilo also. I figure it will be perfect for making sandwiches.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry, for my question, but why would you like to buy canned salmon if you can get almost fresh and delicious salmon at Tesco, let's say in Ubon?

Please tell me that fish n'chips isn't the most delicious food on this planet. Now I'm hungry and will eat a salmon steak.-coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Sorry, for my question, but why would you like to buy canned salmon if you can get almost fresh and delicious salmon at Tesco, let's say in Ubon?

Please tell me that fish n'chips isn't the most delicious food on this planet. Now I'm hungry and will eat a salmon steak.-coffee1.gif

If I have good fresh or frozen salmon I wouldn't make sandwiches from it I cook it differently. However salmon like that is expensive, the minced salmon was relatively cheap and the best way to use it I think is to make a sandwich spread from it.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

175 kmwhistling.gif

"almost fresh and delicious salmon at Tesco"

What is your definition of almost fresh, sirchai?

Well, a good question, indeed. Just saw many different delicious looking sliced portions of salmon at Tesco Ubon, but have no idea when it was manufactured.

I don't even know if Thailand has salmon fish. That's why I referred to almost fresh. It looks good and therefore must be tasty.

But please try that: http://www.dinneralovestory.com/salmon-for-people-who-are-sick-of-salmon/

http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaiseafoodrecipes/r/salmonthaisauce.htm

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/thai-sauce-for-salmon

Have to admit that i don't know much about salmon, just like the taste.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

What really could help this thread is some recipes please !!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You asked for it....

I lived in Northern California for decades where fresh salmon are available and often free at the right time of year.

My favorite recipe:

one 10 -12 pound fresh caught salmon.

clean, leave on head and tail.

Fill cavity with broccoli, cauliflower, garlic cloves and one cube of butter.

cover fish with basil leaves

wrap in aluminum foil ( two sheets thick )

Cook for about 10 minutes over coals on a hot grill.

Unwrap and eat..

I say old chap salmon without cucumber one must be not familier with her majesty fav.nibble in the uk.

• Like 1

You asked for it....

I lived in Northern California for decades where fresh salmon are available and often free at the right time of year.

My favorite recipe:

Unwrap and eat..

I say old chap salmon without cucumber one must be not familier with her majesty fav.nibble in the uk.

I do have a nice cucumber, but, I confess, I am not familiar with her majesty's nipples!

I also live where salmon is free for the taking. Almost everyone I know cooks it this way, on a BBQ.

Make a boat out of aluminum foil big enough to hold a salmon fillet. Put the salmon in, skin side down. Put a little butter, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice on it.

Add some wood chips suitable for smoke to the BBQ, put the salmon in the aluminum boat on the grill. Close the lid and cook for about 20 minutes or until the salmon segments will just separate with a fork.

----------------

To make sandwiches, cook the salmon any way that's handy until it's done but not dry. Chop the salmon into fairly small pieces. Put it in a bowl and add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, onion powder and spread on bread.

For an additional treat, butter the outside of the bread on both sides and grill the bread like you would a grilled cheese sandwich.

To make sandwiches, cook the salmon any way that's handy until it's done but not dry. Chop the salmon into fairly small pieces. Put it in a bowl and add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, onion powder and spread on bread.

For an additional treat, butter the outside of the bread on both sides and grill the bread like you would a grilled cheese sandwich.

I would replace the onion powder with finely chopped shallots and add a big spoon of capers otherwise great!

As far as "tinned or canned" salmon or tuna it should remain exactly where it is - In the tin or can!

Edited by wayned

You asked for it....

My favorite recipe:

Unwrap and eat..

I do have a nice cucumber, but, I confess, I am not familiar with her majesty's nipples!

Your misses said something different to somebody. No need to know anything about those nipples either.-laugh.png