Things I've done as a tourist, that I would never do now...

Lucifer

Cannot make comparisons because as a tourist I was on holiday and had lots of holiday money that i had saved all year round and could afford to go crazy and spend, spend, spend for the weeks I was in Thailand. But now being a retired ex-pat and on a budget, I can no longer afford to do the things and spend as much as a holidaymaker.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visit Kao San road or any place backpackers hang out.

Along with the soapy massages ... something else I've never done ... Visit Kao San road.

Though, I heard they have some fun live bands ... true?

yes, yes ... dead bands would be no fun ... though I'd make that quip before someone else did ... facepalm.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Read and understand letters of passion from the person you last had a long meaningful overnight relationship with before fulfilling requests............whistling.gif width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Dear Tilac,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house. Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money.

Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill. The old people in my village in Roi-et say it all your fault. If you give me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem.

Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank.

Papa fix: 10,000,

new loof:30,000,

New police car 100,000:

Mama fix:50,000.

I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat - 12,000bht.

I not know money England but my friend me say it about 54.4564 baht to GBP.

This mean you send me 7,419.1227 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too much long time. Tikka

tongue.png width=20 alt=tongue.png>

I believe this to be false. Not one word of of a sick Buffalo.

Sir, I am offended, how could a transcript like this exist without a mention of the sick buffalo. In case you missed the fact that i refused to pay (allegedly, and made to appear the villian) for its treatment, I have put it in Red for you in the post above.....................tongue.png

I feel like I have definitely seen this exact same letter somewhere because it mentioned sick buffalo and the resulting "papa broken leg"

When I was a newbi tourist many eons ago I used to:

- Wai to people, tinking it was a good thing to immitate the local culture...

- getting tricked by the tuk-tuk drivers' temple/massage/diamond scams...

- paying too much for shit at markets, should've bargained like most people do...

- paying too much for bargirls...

- tipping the soapy and massage girls to much...

- overpaying the gogogirls for their services...

- barfining a coyote dancer, saw her next night at a disco freelancing...

Thus the genesis of TAT's desperate drive for quality tourists is launched.

"tipping the soapy and massage girls to much..."

Now you get them "to much" without tips? What exactly is "muching?"

Stupid reply Lucifer--------- I bought a tuk-tuk 6yrs ago and never regreted it. Very handy vehicle,cheap to run,can get heaps of all sorts of rubbish in (or on) it,easy to get in and out of the traffic where even a small car gets bogged down,and HEY MAN YHEY ARE FUN----- as witnessed by all the people that see me and wave. But mine is a proper tuk tuk in Isaan not that rubbishy old BKK one.

Tipping 1,000 Baht for a soapy massage.

Yes, David, they ARE good fun.

They USED TO be fun. The services isn't good anymore as before. That's why I don't think tipping too much is needed.

But get there early before the coach parties arrive, the smell can be off putting.

I've only done a soapy once and it was a birthday gift from some friends. I went into the whole thing reluctantly but eventually did the deed. What really surprised me was that she massaged the bottom of my feet with her tits; that was a first, yet abnormally erotic. During this abnormality MTV was playing in the background and Sting came on. She suddenly got all excited and explained to me that she had done Sting the week prior. I checked it out and sure enough Sting had played in Bangkok the week prior. To make a long story short Sting and I got together, shared a few stories and now we hang out any chance we can get. And if you believe that story I have some ocean front property for sale in the Florida Keys if you don't mind holding your breath (for prolonged periods of time of course).

Read and understand letters of passion from the person you last had a long meaningful overnight relationship with before fulfilling requests............whistling.gif

Dear Tilac,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house. Now roof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money.

Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill. The old people in my village in Roi-et say it all your fault. If you give me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem.

Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank.

Papa fix: 10,000,

new loof:30,000,

New police car 100,000:

Mama fix:50,000.

I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat - 12,000bht.

I not know money England but my friend me say it about 54.4564 baht to GBP.

This mean you send me 7,419.1227 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too much long time. Tikka

tongue.png

I believe this to be false. Not one word of of a sick Buffalo.

You might want to re-read it, the entire focal point is a SICK BUFFALO.

Listened and sang along to the ''BAY CITY ROLLERS''....

We done that in school when I was a young lad,,, we dressed up as BCR and danced and sang on stage in a school concert.

the least said about that event the better smile.png

S A T U R D A Y...NIGHT!, S A T U R D A Y...NIGHT! OK Everybody sing along S A T U R D A Y...NIGHT! or maybe not.

Edited by TimTang