Thai Immigration 30 Day Extn offices

I will be travelling to Thailand to visit my Thai friend/girlfriend who lives in Trat Town. I have been issued with a Thai 60 day Single Entry Tourist Visa by the Thai Consulate in Glasgow, UK. I was going to go to one of the temporary OPEN immigration offices in Bangkok but due to all the unrest and violence my girlfriend has told me I can go to the Police Station in Trat Town a couple of weeks before the 60 day visa expires and they will give me a 30 day extension visa to remain in Thailand until I fly back to Gladgow from Bangkok on the 6th of June 2014. Q. Can anyone please confirm if this is true please? I know I have to pay 1900 THB. I will arrive om the 10th March Stay in a Hotel for 5 nights then Fly to Trat airport on 15th March. I will definately leave on the 6th June 2014. Thank you kindly in advance for any replies given. My first trip to Thailand. Rob Roy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Police Station is not the place to go for a visa extension.

Visa extensions are provided by immigration officers who work at immigration offices.

i have no idea where the nearest immigration office is to Trat but a goggle search might be helpful.

my girlfriend has told me I can go to the Police

Thai people speaking in English often refer to the Immigration office as the "police." Even in Pattaya if you want to take a motorcy taxi to Immigrations you can say "police - soi 5 - Jomtien" and they'll know it's the Immigrations office. She probably meant you can go to Immigrations that serves the Trat area if you are staying there. You don't need to travel to Bangkok.

Googling produces this. Not sure of the accuracy but there will be an office that serves Trat.

Immigration Office

The regional immigration office is in Laem Ngob (email : [email protected], Tel : 039-597-261). It is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays, while the visa section is operated from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekdays. The office is closed on National Holidays and weekends so better call in advance if you have an apppointment.

Another location is in Klong Yai (Tel : 039-588-108, email : [email protected]). To go to Klong Yai, there are mini-vans at the Trat town centre that leave every few minutes.

They too are the police.

in00432.jpg

Edited by Suradit69