Anyone up for a sober river run?

impulse

One of the joys of sobriety that I dearly miss from back home is the informal occasional outdoor outing, where a bunch of us get out of our daily lives and have some fun. Usually the first outing of the year corresponded with the start of spring and good weather. Even though weather isn't an issue here in LOS, this seems a good time to have an outing.

I love Kanchanaburi. I love kayaking on the River Kwai. I love hanging out with sober people. I'm hoping to parlay all those loves into a nice getaway.

I'm planning to head up to K Buri on the weekend of March 14-16 for some kayaking. It would be great if anybody wants to meet up to enjoy some sober company. Back home that used to include AA members, non-members and quite a few family members, and was a great way to get to know each other and meet the families. The only rule was no booze and no drugs.

PM me if you're interested in meeting up. I usually stay at Camelia Resort at 1000 baht per night, but anywhere in K Buri town would put us pretty close together. This is not an organized trip- no itinerary, no venue, no formal meeting, and no money to change hands except what you spend on accommodations, kayaks and food. If there's enough interest, I'll gladly check to make sure we can get enough kayaks (which rent for about 450 a day and up) - though I bring my own.

Maybe next month, a sober beach outing?

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Thank you for your input.

I'll put you down as a "not interested".

correct, but cannot meet the strict criteria of SOBER and possibly any other of the STEPS program you may wish to include in your fun time jaunt

so sorry (HIC)