Paint for PVC pipe in Chiang Mai

Tywais

I have a large amount of PVC pipe that has been installed already and need to paint them white to match the interior walls. From looking around the best paint appears to be Krylon Fusion for Plastic. I want the type that has to be brushed on as the spray version would be a problem with fumes as some of it is in an enclosed area.

Anyone seen Krylon Fusion for plastic or other options for painting PVC? Most of it is indoors but a few meters are outside and exposed to the elements.

I paint my exterior pipes to protect them from the sun.

I use the same Bayer Shield emulsion that I use on the concrete walls.

It seems to stick fine, i dont think you need special paint.

Thanks for that info. Home Pro or Global House happen to carry them? They're the most convenient location for me.

We give the pipes a light scuff up with green poly pads, just to take gloss finish off and give paint a better surface to adhere to, Then good quality acrylic Paint.

Edited by Cylon
  • Like 2

I have also just used the same paint as put on the walls, never had a problem, + one water down pipe and some meters of 3/4" pipe with electric cable inside, outside painted 10 years ago in choc Blown gloss, it is not gloss any-more but is still perfect choc brown..

I paint my exterior pipes to protect them from the sun.

I use the same Bayer Shield emulsion that I use on the concrete walls.

It seems to stick fine, i dont think you need special paint.

Thanks for that info. Home Pro or Global House happen to carry them? They're the most convenient location for me.

I got the Bayer shield at Home Mart on the super hiway, I'm guessing its pretty common tho.

PVC pipe is extruded from a machine. When doing that there is a light film of a waxy like substance put on the pipe so it doesn't stick to the extruder. It is best to clean that with paint thinner or lacquer thinner using one rag wet, followed by a second dry rag to actually pick it up from the surface.

This is why sometimes with some paints the first coat looks awful.

I would clean it, scuff it down to give it some tooth, and it would paint and stick just fine.