Keep out of our town, red DJ tells artists who backed PDRC

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of hypocrisy in the complaints about this: a few minor celebrities turned up to support the campaign to disenfranchise a majority of the Thai population, most likely seeking publicity in Bangkok for their stalling or failed careers. Did they expect to be able to then be welcomed by the same people they sought to exclude from the political process? If so, very naive.

Is it really any wonder that Singha beer is no longer flavour of the month?

48% and follow the rice--water management money-tablets etc., that's why these STARS are with the protesters. Nice divert from the truth slagging the STARS not the corruption. You amaze me but you are consistent smile.png

• Like 2

Hey, just last week many anti government backers were backing a 'boycott" little did they realize that boycott is a double edge sword. That can be used by all, any performer should paid the price for their own decisions that the majority of people disagree with!

They also can pick not to drink a certain beer or energy drink, that what freedom is all about "The freedom of Choice".

Cheers

There is a huge difference between a boycott and a beating

• Like 2

Hey, just last week many anti government backers were backing a 'boycott" little did they realize that boycott is a double edge sword. That can be used by all, any performer should paid the price for their own decisions that the majority of people disagree with!

They also can pick not to drink a certain beer or energy drink, that what freedom is all about "The freedom of Choice".

Cheers

And what about the freedom of those who want to hear the artist? There is a difference between boycotting a show and preventing others from going to the show.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

This is a democratic and free country. Right, if there is an entertainer that I don't like, and if he/she turns up to perform in my hometown (actually, anywhere), well, surely, it's my right (and those who feel the same as me as well) to do a demonstration when that person arrives at the airport/bus station and later performs.

Okay, I'm not going to attack anybody, but it's the crowd's right to stand outside the venue, and boo and jeer and make lots of noise. And how about boycott future events at the venue, this will make theatres and other venues a bit wary of allowing certain people to perform at their venues. This surely, is part of freedom of choice ??

I hope they do this to the rolling stones soon.

This is a democratic and free country. Right, if there is an entertainer that I don't like, and if he/she turns up to perform in my hometown (actually, anywhere), well, surely, it's my right (and those who feel the same as me as well) to do a demonstration when that person arrives at the airport/bus station and later performs.

Okay, I'm not going to attack anybody, but it's the crowd's right to stand outside the venue, and boo and jeer and make lots of noise. And how about boycott future events at the venue, this will make theatres and other venues a bit wary of allowing certain people to perform at their venues. This surely, is part of freedom of choice ??

boycotts are fine as they are expressing your personal views, this is your democratic right. The difference here is that the reds are threatening these people and telling everyone else that they are simply noy allowed in red areas, big difference as thius is then totally undemocratic. What about those people that want to go and see.hear these people or doesnt that matter because they are not reds. It seems that reds will only allow what reds want and that everyone else has to abide by their decisions or face their violence and fury, very democraticblink.png

Cheers

Kikoman,

Your not the sharpest knife int he box are you.. (others saw that too)

Boycott means that you don't use a service buy a product go to a show.. NOT block it for others. So this is certainly not the same as a boycott. It might be compared the blocking of some places that you were so against.

Wait a minute, wait a minute. :)

Anti-government backers were backing a 'boycott' and a boycott is a double edge sword. Kikoman might have been talking about the Suthep fans boycotting Thaksin companies. Yes, if people boycott AIS because it is(was) a Thaksin company, then yes, this just encourages Thaksin supporters to boycott DTAC and switch to AIS. And it was the Suthep fans who first came up with "let's have a giggle over people leaving AIS because of Thaksin".

Yes, once you bring up the issue of a 'boycott', and you encourage and cheer on boycotting Thaksin companies and their products, well, the whole thing might backfire. You're encouraging Thaksin supporters to switch to his companies (if they haven't done so already) and you're encouraging them to boycott companies (and individuals) who did support Suthep.

:)

Cheers

Kikoman,

Your not the sharpest knife int he box are you.. (others saw that too)

Boycott means that you don't use a service buy a product go to a show.. NOT block it for others. So this is certainly not the same as a boycott. It might be compared the blocking of some places that you were so against.

Wait a minute, wait a minute. smile.png

Anti-government backers were backing a 'boycott' and a boycott is a double edge sword. Kikoman might have been talking about the Suthep fans boycotting Thaksin companies. Yes, if people boycott AIS because it is(was) a Thaksin company, then yes, this just encourages Thaksin supporters to boycott DTAC and switch to AIS. And it was the Suthep fans who first came up with "let's have a giggle over people leaving AIS because of Thaksin".

Yes, once you bring up the issue of a 'boycott', and you encourage and cheer on boycotting Thaksin companies and their products, well, the whole thing might backfire. You're encouraging Thaksin supporters to switch to his companies (if they haven't done so already) and you're encouraging them to boycott companies (and individuals) who did support Suthep.

smile.png

As others have stated and I have stated boycott is totally different with a boycott you don't deny others the access to the place you only don't use that service yourself (and that is perfectly acceptable)

So please boycott the guy its a right.. but let him come and play to those who want to hear it. Protest in front of where he is.. but still let others come in and enjoy the music. The basis of a boycott is that you don use a service not that you deny others use of that service. Maybe you guys are mixing op boycott with blockade.. I know English is not my native language but some native speakers just are not that bright.

I guess Taksin and company should make a list of who can come to Chiang Mai, what they can say, what they can do, and what they can think.

I think this is different enough, than where I come from in Canada, that maybe should have a different word for what they are doing than democracy.

How smart. Ultimately democratic.

Sarcasm aside, I really hope this sort of thinking will stop. And soon. There is every possibility this sort of thinking will become extreme and if it did, it's going to be a downward spiral, where everything not from Chiangmai will be 'hated'... cars with BKK plates, people from other parts of the country and those not displaying signs of loyalty to Red-Shin, will be harrassed. Maybe even physically attacked, if this mentality is left to simmer long enough. And this may ignite an equal reaction from other parts of Thailand not aligned with the 'Lanna State' - a 'hate north' movement or something. Not a good thing. In fact very sad, if I'm honest.

Nobody can guarantee with any certainty it won't happen and, at the rate things are going, I hope someone or something will nip this 'north-against-the-rest-of-the-world' mentality at its roots before ideas become action.

Love to be a fly on the wall at the next thaivisa party, Kikoman meets and greets all his yellow supporting farang fruitcakes - tvgerry, whybother,casual biker et al. rolleyes.gif

I've attended more than a couple of TV parties over the years, enjoyed every single one, there are certain posters who, for want of a better word, boycott them ;)

• Like 1

Cheers

Totally agree!

That should teach them not to be nasty to Ms. Yingluck rolleyes.gif

Threatening a boycott is one thing, this guy appears to be threatening more than that.

• Like 2

Some of the most friendly people you could ever meet, up there in Chiang Mai.vampire.gif.pagespeed.ce.503w77X5K-.gif

They are. Unfortunately there are also brain dead morons like this who slavishly worship the local powerbrokers as happens in most Thai provinces.

But with CM being Shin Central there is still a significant residue of support which although once very strong but has now ebbed considerably. Most people here are sick of politics and politicians.

Cheers

Freedom of choice - Yes.

Denying others the right of freedom of choice - No.

Banning people who have a different view - No

Intimidating people with a different view and threatening or instigating violence against them - No

See the difference? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Probably not eh?

• Like 2

Cheers

Freedom of choice - Yes.

Denying others the right of freedom of choice - No.

Banning people who have a different view - No

Intimidating people with a different view and threatening or instigating violence against them - No

See the difference? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Probably not eh?

+1

As a foreigner we only have 1 vote and that is to vote with our wallet.

I like to see a list of companies or services and products that are pro-red or pro-yellow , so I ( and all you loudmouths that are bikkering and fighting for months on this forum) , can vote and support the side you like with our wallet.

So whats is it with singha ? pro red or yellow?

Since this mess , I have spent less and less money. Buying more at the market ( with no 7 % vat ) than the supermarkets.

I'm not paying for the rice scheme.

But I also respect that others have the choice/right to buy that supports their side (or see a singer or DJ)

If you want to put pressure on the government , why don't all the "wealthier" yellow Bangkokians not hold a spending stop for a month and only buy the bare necessities and avoid products & services from N and NE ( incl the isaan hookers).

More effective and saver than rallies on the soring hot streets of BK.

Cheers

Please stop giving us cheers!!!!!!!!

99% of ThaiVisa members do not use ear drops, so please……………..

This is what the UDD does best - it labels people, illuminates the dynamic of " us " versus " them ", it creates a sub-class of citizens, and always, always seeks to curb free expression, unless it supports the administration, of course, including even artists who perform. The UDD is fundamentally a highly insecure movement. Somehow, they own " red villages ", and now apparently they " own " Chiang Mai. The only way to combat prejudice is to call it for what it is. Actions such as these profoundly childish ones from the UDD are only powerful if they succeed in intimidating people. Bullies are only encouraged by results. It's time for the good people of Chiang Mai who are fed up with these kinds of tactics. It's time for the people of Chiang Mai to rejoice in the music of its artists - regardless as to what politically affiliation they may have.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

Cheers

They choose not to drink them. They are not threatened. If the red shirts were a company I would say you have many shares in them. Seems to me any thing they do is OK with you.

Out of curiosity were you aware that they are all not like you. There is a growing number of them who want Thaksin out of politics. Grudgingly I have to admit there are some with some thing between their ears besides air. But as any one who can think clearly can tell with the suggestion of separating from Thailand and raising there own Army there are still a majority lacking in gray matter. Kind of like the people getting up in the morning and the last thing they do before they leave the house is make sure the kick me sign is firmly attached to their back.

I believe the army is now searching for some of them.

Cheers

The red shirts can boycott the performers as much as they like. They don't have to go and watch them. Just as the anti-government protesters don't have to support Thaksin linked businesses.

Once again, the red shirts are doing exactly the same thing as they complain about when the anti-government protesters do it. Where is the sense in that?

They are not doing the same thing. The red shirts are threatening them.

You are correct.

You have the democratic rites with in your own personal range to be as ignorant as you want to be.thumbsup.gif

Continue to stick to your rights.wai2.gif

• Like 1

If the PDRC can call for boycot of Shin companies why can the UDD not call for a boycot of artists? Which makes both sides wrong but same same.

The UDD is not calling for a boycott against the artists. They are threatening them if they turn up to Chiang Mai.

What happened to the spokes woman of PTP when she went shopping, got kidnapped by the PDRC. Both sides are limiting freedom of choice and freedom of movement. If you disagree try and walk into Silom with pro red shirt clothes on and see what happens to you.

In theory yes, but in practice the crowd are unlikely to stop at a peaceful demonstration. The artist would be in for a severe beating if he showed up, and possibly the patrons as well. That's assuming nobody decided to bomb the venue.

Edited by Crushdepth
  • Like 1

If the PDRC can call for boycot of Shin companies why can the UDD not call for a boycot of artists? Which makes both sides wrong but same same.

The UDD is not calling for a boycott against the artists. They are threatening them if they turn up to Chiang Mai.

What happened to the spokes woman of PTP when she went shopping, got kidnapped by the PDRC. Both sides are limiting freedom of choice and freedom of movement. If you disagree try and walk into Silom with pro red shirt clothes on and see what happens to you.

We're not actually talking about walking into protest areas dressed provocatively, we're talking about going to the second largest city in Thailand to do a concert.