Copying SIM card?

dagling

AIS do a multisim. I have 2 sims with the same number.

costs 50b per additional sim (can have up to 5)with a monthly service fee of 20b.

you can just wait and get one IF you lose your phone ,they wont give your number to someone else

for at least half a year or maybe longer of it being inactive

costs 50b per additional sim (can have up to 5)with a monthly service fee of 20b.

you can just wait and get one IF you lose your phone ,they wont give your number to someone else

I have One 2 Call, but since the number is not registered in my name, how can I ask for a new SIM card? Bought this SIM card for two years ago in a local store and they did not ask for my name.

I have One 2 Call, but since the number is not registered in my name, how can I ask for a new SIM card? Bought this SIM card for two years ago in a local store and they did not ask for my name.

my number wasnt registered either but the just asked me about my recent call history and top up frequency before issuing a new one

with the same number

it was easy

same happened again when i switched from a full size sim to a mini sim although they have encouraged me to register once last year

i declined and told them i had no id with me

• Like 1

One of the most important issues for me is keeping/loosing contacts stored in sim.

I know there is a save contact to phone, not sim, feature, but nor sure that this is the best option.

I tired to copy all of my contacts from current phone or sim to a back up phone/sim with no luck so far.

There is also a device that can copy/clone your sim.

But i am not yet sure if the sim with work properly or what exactly it does well. Maybe just for contact data.

I also noticed if the sim i use for backup is not active, it did not save and keep the contacts.

This i need to play and fool around with and tweak.

I did once or twice actually write down important contact numbers.

I could save all my contacts on the sim AND the phone but so this far seems impractical, 2 identical entries for each contact.

What is YOUR purpose intent and goal and why?

You could keep a second sim with a diff number.

I asked true to give me a copy sim a while back and they refused.

If you lose your phone, you can file a police report and get a replacement SIM with the same number AND a credit for the balance you had prepaid on the SIM. I've lost both a phone with a DTAC SIM and one with a AIS SIM and the procedure was the same. Police report and visit to the phone store for a new phone and SIM card with the old number. No police report and they won't give you the old number. (Why should they -- think of what a great way it would be for a jealous girlfriend to get even with a former boyfriend!)

Sadly, however, the contacts are stored on the phone -- they're not tied with the SIM card, so that's why it's a good idea to write down the important numbers.

(And then people wonder why I don't want a Smart Phone -- given my history with losing phones it doesn't make any sense to pay over 600 baht for a phone!)

• Like 1

If you go to a real AIS customer service store, they will take your Sim card, and your ID (took my DL), and recorded this info.

If lost, show up with DL, they give you a new SIM with the same number.

Old SIM is cancelled.

• Like 1

If you loose your phone then you can get the same number but it will be a different SIM card and the old SIM card will no longer work (if you find it later on) It has to do with the MIE number or something like that

IMEI - 'International Mobile Equipment Identity'

http://www.imei.info

Dial *#06# to see your device IMEI.

a smart phone acually remembers all your numbers to your gmail account so you can lose the phone

and the sim and still not lose anyoines number

ive never been asked for a police report either ,how old are you ? smile.png

I'm using a prepaid phone sevice -- as in I don't have a monthly bill, but rather when the phone gets low on "minutes" I go to the 7-11 and buy more time. That's probably why I have to file a police report since the SIM probably isn't registered to me.

Gee, can you tell I'm one of those oldsters still frozen in time, using 20th century technology?

If you loose your phone then you can get the same number but it will be a different SIM card and the old SIM card will no longer work (if you find it later on) It has to do with the MIE number or something like that

That looks interesting, what exactly is that site about please?

That looks interesting, what exactly is that site about please?

http://www.imei.info/about/