Thida - UDD does not support separatism

webfact

UDD does not support separatism

PNPOL570305001000801_05032014_124259.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 Mar 2014, (NNT) - According to the Chairperson of the United front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), Tida TAvornset, the group does not support the idea of separatism.

The statement was made following the recent news that claimed the UDD’s northern and northeastern factions were in favor of the idea. Last Friday, UDD supporters, donning white and red clothes and wearing bandanas with the name SOR POR POR LANNA printed on, paraded in Chiang Mai, welcoming Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s visit.

The name was initially thought to stand for ‘People Democratic Republic Lanna’; however, Ms. Tida claimed that it in fact stood for ‘Lanna Assembly of Democracy’.

The former interpretation sparked public outcry as it implies the movement’s intention of splitting the country.

Ms. Tida reiterated the UDD’s stance, saying the group had no intention of abolishing the monarchy, nor did it support the idea of separatism.

She also said that the UDD had always upheld the law while respecting the majority’s voices. The UDD’s chairman also said that the group did not condone the use of violence to express political opinions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-05 footer_n.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

" She also said that the UDD had always upheld the law while respecting the majority’s voices. The UDD’s chairman also said that the group did not condone the use of violence to express political opinions. "

Well, Ms. Thida, you are rewriting history with each phrase you utter. You are also changing the story of everything the Thai people saw in recent weeks. UDD rallies, red shirt radio, Chiang Mai address, banners, statements, press releases. Why weren't you outraged then ? Why are you not outraged now ? Did you not attend that red shirt rally that included two cabinet ministers ? Do you realize that event was recorded ? What have you got to say about the horrible things that were said ? How far into denial are you prepared to go ?

Not to matter, the Thai people stopped listening to you a long time ago.

• Like 2

She also said that the UDD had always upheld the law (except when we don't agree with the law in which case we burn coffins in front of the court house) while respecting the majority’s voices (except when we don't agree with the majorities voice when we want the UDD leaders to be absolved of all terrorist crimes)

• Like 1

How does the UDD get their abbr? Lets see! Which stands for " Lanna Assembly of Democracy" ummm this is a no brainer. Its not LAD they were using and ITS impossible for the abbr PDRL to mean it. So it should be simple for you REDS to see she is lying, and not very good either. So if she is lying about this, then she is more than likely lying about it all.

Maybe some of you can remember their first call to seperatism. I beleive they said they didnt want to split thailand in 2. They just wanted their own state seperate from the rest of thailand. Contradiction in the same sentence since seperating is still the end result. Mind you this last phrase was only said after the general warned them and everyone started changing their tune about what they said. The best part of this is that it was televised. So they can not refute it.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Would be great to see some Thai's take responsibility for what they say and what they do for once in their lives.

Like Suthep for instance? "all over by......................." "we will shutdown Bangkok by....................." fill in the blanks with multi-dates

"Thida - UDD does not support separatism"

Of course not. Once they formed their own corrupt little dictatorship there'd be no more "Bangkok elite" excuses once the people realised they were still just as poor and uneducated.

• Like 2

Would be great to see some Thai's take responsibility for what they say and what they do for once in their lives.

Like Suthep for instance? "all over by......................." "we will shutdown Bangkok by....................." fill in the blanks with multi-dates

If that's the best you can come up with for Suthep, it goes to show he's a positive angel compared to Tida.

• Like 1

Good attempt at "spinning".

Your examples are statements of belief, what someone believes might happen.

What the UDD and whatever acronym they are currently trying to use for the "separatist" movement were calls to action.

Not the same thing at all.

• Like 1

Plain and simple was explained as such prior to this release!

The question of separate states had been discussed from decentralization of political power from Bangkok, separate states within Thailand, much the same as the U.S. have been a possibility model for future discussion!

Cheers

Those who oppose splitting the country will have to walk over the dead body of Ko Tee. wink.png

This banner in PathumTani says: "You & me... it's best for us to split up the country!"

Bh7wn-DCAAAAQ2M.jpg

Edited by MGP
  • Like 2

BANGKOK, 5 Mar 2014, (NNT) - According to the Chairperson of the United front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), Tida TAvornset, the group does not support the idea of separatism.

Tida to husband Weng: You mean I can be executed for supporting separatism?

Weng: Now don't get angry at me my lovely little cream puff but yes you can. Didn't you know this?

Tida: Oh <deleted>#k me runnin' I have to call a news conference quick.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

bin, are you still in grade school? Like Ilerm, gonna arrest all the demonstrator's leaders, is that the same?

it is off the table as long as yl isnt prosecuted/remains pm and the ptp remain in power is what she should have said as we all know that if the reds dont get what they want that is what will happen. I thought the "we are not violent" comment was a bit too much especially after 2010 plus the recent killings of children and protesters but then thida is a great liar like yl and the rest of the ptp/reds. As for communism being old fashioned, what would you call the reds, they are still living in feudal Thailand times and will never change, thida espouses communism everytime she speaks

Tida to husband Weng: You mean I can be executed for supporting separatism?

Weng: Now don't get angry at me my lovely little cream puff but yes you can. Didn't you know this?

Tida: Oh <deleted>#k me runnin' I have to call a news conference quick.

Weng: No worries, my little dumpling. You'll be protected, same as me, when the new amnesty bill goes through.

• Like 1

Plain and simple was explained as such prior to this release!

The question of separate states had been discussed from decentralization of political power from Bangkok, separate states within Thailand, much the same as the U.S. have been a possibility model for future discussion!

Cheers

Sure kiko and once again you put your foot in your mouth. The US HAS seperate states. But the leaders if those states follow the laws and directivrs from the president and the presidents legislature... this is NOT what the PTP are proposing. Beside the facts that they publically announced seperating the north from thailand and made announcements that they want to recruit 600000 young men. What they are claiming now is being said just to cover their ar.... s... Do you really believe that the PTP would listen to a PM from here if they were given an order? They dont even listen now to the constitution.

In the US the individual states dont have their own armies. If a governor of a state mentioned to recruit so many the police would and GOV would end it. So stop trying to compare this to another democratic country. It doesnt wash.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app