Injectible Vitamin B-12

SoloFlyer

the Aden health food store on Nimmanhemin sells it

they have the subcutaneous type which has a little needle to pass the skin

If you want intramuscular injection then need a syringe. Maybe pharmacies have that type.

Methylcobalamine or Cyanocobalamine.

Any idea of the doses?

Edited by uptheos

There is a Pharmacy near Chiang Mai gate heading West, just before the Wilai road turn. They sell boxes of Vitamin B12 & also B complex. They also sell the syringe (You will probably need the 3ml size) and Needles (25 gauge / Orange coloured)

This is for deep Intra muscular so ensure you follow safe injection practice.

re

There is a Pharmacy near Chiang Mai gate heading West, just before the Wilai road turn

here ya go :) .. the big shop behind the black truck

dave2

ps .. a funny .. the till in there is an open plastic bucket :)

why i dont know ... but it is !

post-42592-0-11050300-1394019726_thumb.j

re

There is a Pharmacy near Chiang Mai gate heading West, just before the Wilai road turn

here ya go smile.png .. the big shop behind the black truck

dave2

ps .. a funny .. the till in there is an open plastic bucket smile.png

why i dont know ... but it is !

It is to get the double the local rate prices from foreigners into the owner's hands faster.

They make the prices up as they go along....just go in and see.

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1

Beware of local made ones as they are not so reliable and the ampules break easily, you could have a piece of glass draw into the syringe with the injection itself!if you plan to DIY the Japanese made one is by far easier and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• 5 weeks later...

I get a shot every month from Doctor Morgan. She say's two shot's a month would be OK.

So far I have managed with the one shot a month. All though the last two weeks are a bit more painful. The wife has a daughter who can get it for me and her husband has some experience with giving shots. Doctor Martin just explained to him how to do it so she is sure that he would do it rite.

I also get some Vitamin B12 from iHerb in the states. Occasionally I will pop one of them.

I get a shot every month from Doctor Morgan. She say's two shot's a month would be OK.

So far I have managed with the one shot a month. All though the last two weeks are a bit more painful. The wife has a daughter who can get it for me and her husband has some experience with giving shots. Doctor Martin just explained to him how to do it so she is sure that he would do it rite.

I also get some Vitamin B12 from iHerb in the states. Occasionally I will pop one of them.

You might as well not bother. B12 is a water soluble vitamin and regularly eliminated from your body through excretory products such as urine. Because of this, you must take water soluble vitamins regularly.

Uptheos... Not entirely true. I,am a GP. a vitamin B COMPLEX , meaning a group of B Vitamins is far more beneficial..

Tablet or dissolved. All are ok. The body will rid itself of excess.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Edited by marcusd
  • Like 1

Uptheos... Not entirely true. I,am a GP. a vitamin B COMPLEX , meaning a group of B Vitamins is far more beneficial..

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I don't know whether you are a GP or not, but that's irrelevant.

Their can be many reasons for taking B12, lets say as methylcobabine 1-2 grams sublingually on an empty stomach. One reason quite established is for peripheral neuropathy, in which case a Multi B Complex would be very little use as the dosage is far too small, they are probably of very little use anyway. There are combinations of Vit B1 B6 & B12 that can be bought in high doses, but Vit B6 is know to cause peripheral neuropathy. The best way is to choose your B supplements for a particular reason, not just shove a load of B vitamins down, which can be adequately received from food.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Their can be many reasons for taking B12, lets say as methylcobabine 1-2 grams sublingually on an empty stomach. One reason quite established is for peripheral neuropathy, in which case a Multi B Complex would be very little use as the dosage is far too small, they are probably of very little use anyway. There are combinations of Vit B1 B6 & B12 that can be bought in high doses, but Vit B6 is know to cause peripheral neuropathy. The best way is to choose your B supplements for a particular reason, not just shove a load of B vitamins down, which can be adequately received from food.

"which can be adequately received from food."

Not if the horse is already out of the barn.

Not familiar with B6 what is it for?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

"which can be adequately received from food."

Not if the horse is already out of the barn.

Not familiar with B6 what is it for?

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB6-QuickFacts/

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/brewers-yeast

Edited by uptheos

b12 for people that cant get it through food products or dont eat products with enough b12 (from meat/eggs/and some minor other sources). and some poeple jsut dont have enough possibly due to absorbtion of nutrience issues. my duaghter is one. i also have a low amount sometimes but am a carnivore so must have some underlying reason that no one has discovered.

injectins are painful.

daughter uses the sublingual and tests once a year or symptomatically.

• Like 2

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Sweet. Your telling a doctor he is irrelevant. Now I shall forever believe every word you type uptheos.

• Like 2

I have found that taking B Complex AND a single 500mcu of methyobal keeps my B12 levels at the optimum level (as determined by blood tests). That combination gives the benefits of Methycobal (B12) and B Compex (I have an absorprtion problem which causes glositis and B Complex fixes that).

does anyone know where to get brewers yeast in CM? I have looked in the past and no luck whatsoever.

I definitely don't rely on it for b12 but it's nice addition to salad or occasional popcorn

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

does anyone know where to get brewers yeast in CM? I have looked in the past and no luck whatsoever.

I definitely don't rely on it for b12 but it's nice addition to salad or occasional popcorn

If anywhere will have it it's the Green Pharmacy at the bottom of the down escalator in the basement of Gad Suan Gow (sp).

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Sweet. Your telling a doctor he is irrelevant. Now I shall forever believe every word you type uptheos.

Thanks, you will be the first person to believe every word I type. wai.gif

If anywhere will have it it's the Green Pharmacy at the bottom of the down escalator in the basement of Gad Suan Gow (sp).

If not, same area but walk a little further towards the back, there's a pharmacy there that used to carry large tubs.

I have found that taking B Complex AND a single 500mcu of methyobal keeps my B12 levels at the optimum level (as determined by blood tests). That combination gives the benefits of Methycobal (B12) and B Compex (I have an absorprtion problem which causes glositis and B Complex fixes that).

Can I ask what brand of B Complex you take?

Can I ask what brand of B Complex you take?

Blackmores Exec B's, shop around and you can find 120 tabs for 490 baht, alternatively you can pay up to THB 1,000 for the same bottle!.