Phitsanulok hotels unavailable.

NoshowJones

It seems all the Phitsanulok hotels are unavailable over the next two weeks, I stopped trying after four. They cannot be full, so what is the reason? I do not normally book hotels, so for a change I wanted one with a swimming pool. wifi in the rooms etc.

So now I will just appear at a cheaper 3 star hotel what I usually do in Phitsanulok. Does anyone know if there are any 3 star hotels or guesthouses near the Central Plaza which may be available?

I might be there next week, your post slightly alarmed me...

I just checked agoda (one of many websites on which to book hotels).

There are loads of available hotels... 23 which are available for two weeks... (None near Central though).

In what way are you attempting to book them that leads you to believe every hotel is fully booked ?

Give any of websites latestays / direct rooms / agoda a try...

Edited by richard_smith237

Heres what I found at busyish times, called a hotel, they said we are full, turned up at same hotel an hour later and they had rooms, whilst checking in the phone rang the front desk, the girl said all our rooms are full????????????

They still werent full.........

• Like 1

Heres what I found at busyish times, called a hotel, they said we are full, turned up at same hotel an hour later and they had rooms, whilst checking in the phone rang the front desk, the girl said all our rooms are full????????????

Rooms are allocated to the Websites up until a certain time...

Thus, while checking directly with the hotel 'direct-bookings' may be at capacity...

A few rooms are usually saved for Walk-In guests who will likely be paying a full rate.

Thus: There are 4 Basic booking options each with their own booking allocation...

1) Internet Website

2) Hotel Website

3) Call up

4) Walk-In

It's really not that difficult to discover if a hotel you want to stay at is full or not.

There are loads of available hotels... 23 which are available for two weeks... (None near Central though).

In what way are you attempting to book them that leads you to believe every hotel is fully booked ?

Thanks Richard, but I refuse to deal with Agoda, if there is one thing I hate it is any sort of company using small print. It is as plain as the nose on your face. If any company uses small print, it is because they hope you will not notice it, and a lot of people don't until they have given their custom.

Yes, there are lots of available hotels in Phitsanulok. I go regularly and always have used the one close to the train station, I forget the name. It only costs 430 Baht per night, there is only one plug in the wall, and the air condition is garbage, I am now looking for another one. I tried to book four in a row which said they were unavailable on the day I wanted to book. I still cannot understand that.

Pattara resort and spa.

Not far from central plaza.

As per your original wishes with pool.

Room availability for at least two months.

Thanks Hedgehog, I will look that up.

Pattara resort is closer to 3000 baht, its nice and where I prefer to stay in Phits... however, the Op has mentioned 3 start and a rate of about 450 baht.

Possum: If you don't like Agoda, there are others, Latestays.com have worked well for me in the past.

I agree - I too dislike the small print, especially with Agoda's pricing where they add on taxes afterwards so we don't really know how much we are paying until its time to pay. I usually look for availability on Agoda, look at the photos and amenities etc, then check the price on the Hotels Direct Web page, call them up directly, or use an alternative online booking engine.

check with a local travel agent. I'm sure they can help.

Sent from my TR736 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am very wary of using travel agents up here in the sticks, there was one near the Phitsanulok airport, I had just met my wife, then GF, and we went in to ask about making a booking. I turned it down and said thanks, as I was about to walk out, the assistant said 300 Bahts please, I said "what for", then my GF said I must pay. Not wanting to cause a scene I paid.

So you will see that I will not go into a travel agent up here. No such problem in Bangkok or Pattaya though.

I cannot understand why they do this, I had the same problem with P.A. Place in Nakhon Sawan. Just why are some hotels turning you down when they obviously have rooms?

Pattara resort and spa.

Not far from central plaza.

As per your original wishes with pool.

Room availability for at least two months.

Thanks Hedgehog, I will look that up.

Pattara resort is closer to 3000 baht, its nice and where I prefer to stay in Phits... however, the Op has mentioned 3 start and a rate of about 450 baht.

Possum: If you don't like Agoda, there are others, Latestays.com have worked well for me in the past.

I agree - I too dislike the small print, especially with Agoda's pricing where they add on taxes afterwards so we don't really know how much we are paying until its time to pay. I usually look for availability on Agoda, look at the photos and amenities etc, then check the price on the Hotels Direct Web page, call them up directly, or use an alternative online booking engine.

You are doing the right thing Richard, I will look at Latestays.com. Thanks again.

I cannot understand why they do this, I had the same problem with P.A. Place in Nakhon Sawan. Just why are some hotels turning you down when they obviously have rooms?

See post #8. Their allocated rooms are full, does not mean the hotel is full.

Yes, there are lots of available hotels in Phitsanulok. I go regularly and always have used the one close to the train station, I forget the name. It only costs 430 Baht per night, there is only one plug in the wall, and the air condition is garbage, I am now looking for another one. I tried to book four in a row which said they were unavailable on the day I wanted to book. I still cannot understand that.

For a decent hotel that provides water & electricity .. you will need to pay more than 430 baht. Mosquito's are free. xmellow.png.pagespeed.ic.HU9LzmAHjt.png

Edited by steven100

I always find that when booking through AGODA there are in fact free rooms..... even though I might be calling the hotel directly and they say to me that there isn´t any. I can book through AGODA.

Glegolo

I always find that when booking through AGODA there are in fact free rooms..... even though I might be calling the hotel directly and they say to me that there isn´t any. I can book through AGODA.

Glegolo

I will take nothing to do with Agoda and their small print adding tax on to their price. Better with Latestays.com. no small print there.