Rally leader Taya suspends activities for safety of her family; Thaksin's ex-wife at Emporium

webfact

Rally leader suspends activities for safety of her family
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A rally leader who blew whistle at ex-wife of fugitive Thaksin Shinawatra announced on Friday she decided to suspend her political activities following bomb attacks at her house and her mother’s Khao Yai residence.

The suspension is for the safety of her family, her mother’s and students of her mother’s school, Taya Teepsuwan wrote on her Facebook page.

Taya, a former Bangkok deputy governor, and her husband; Nuthapol, were among a group of the anti-government protesters who blew whistles at Khunying Potjaman Na Pombejra at Emporium Shopping Complex late last month.

After that, assailants threw bombs into her Sukhumvit residence twice. Later attackers opened fires at Korat residence of her mother; Khunying Sasima Srivikorn, owner of Srivikorn School. No one was injured in those attacks.

Taya said in her Facebook that she made the decision out of concerns for the safety of the students of her mother’s school.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-07

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taya Teepsuwan announced the temporary suspension of her political activities

BANGKOK: -- anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Taya Teepsuwan announced the temporary suspension of her political activities after her family was threatened with possible "unlikely incidents."

She expressed her regrets on Facebook to all those affected and said she was much concerned on the safety of those surrounding her who had to bear the brunt from her political movements.

After the unlikely incidents at her mother's home in Khao Yai, at her home in Bangkok and at Srivikorn School owned by her family in the past week, Ms Taya said the incidents prompted her rethink her role and that she has decided to be responsible for all the negative consequences due to her actions by taking a break from her political activities.

The former deputy Bangkok governor said she hoped her decision would help her mother, those around her--and particularly students at the school--to be safe from harm.

Last week, Ms Taya and her husband, Nathapol Teepsuwan, another PDRC leader, blew whistles at Khunying Potjaman Na Pombejra, former wife of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, at Bangkok's Emporium department store. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-07

• Like 1

Ongoing threat forces PDRC activist to end protest role

taya-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An active anti-government protester Taya Teepsuwan today announced to suspend her anti-government role citing ongoing threat to her mother Sasima Srivikorn and school by armed perpetrators.

Taya is the daughter of Khunying Sasima, and wife of Nattapol Teepsuwan, a former Democrat MP and a co-leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC). She and her husband blew whistles at ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra’s ex-wife Khunying Pojaman na Pombejara while seen shopping at The Emporium department store.

Taya wrote on her Facebook page today that she decided to suspend her activities after realizing of the ongoing threat by armed perpetrators through the past week.

She said that the attack on her mother’s Khunying Sasima at Khao Yai with deadly assault rifles and also threat to her mother’s Srivikorn school prompted her to feel sorry for what she had done.

With grave concern about the safety of people surrounding, she said she has to show responsibility by suspending her activities with hope that the decision would help to protect her mother and surrounding people, particularly school children whose lives might be in danger.

She said she has taken time to revise everything before making such decision.

Taya’s home on Sukhumvit was attacked twice with bombs. Fortunately in both cases, they did not explode.

The police said that the attack was to intimidate the couple with no intent on life.

Meanwhile, Nakhon Ratchasima police chief said investigation into the gun attack of Khunying Sasima’s resort home at Khao Yai has made progress with the police now knowing at least three perpetrators were involved.

Pol Maj-Gen Pongdet Prommijit said the police did not neglect the probe but were pursuing the gunmen.

He said the police have gained evidence from video footages showing the gunmen came in a pickup truck from Thanarat road and after shooting fled in the direction of Saraburi province.

He said forensic police have collected several spent shell casings for DNA test and also accounts from witnesses near the scene.

He assured that investigation was progressing as the vehicle used was known and would be used to trace who owns the car.

He also declined to comment if the case was related to politics but pledged to handle the case with fairness and no bias.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ongoing-threat-forces-pdrc-activist-end-protest-role/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-07

Citing Fear For Her Family, PCAD Activist Quits Politics

By Khaosod English

13941654541394165597l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- After several shadowy attacks targeted at her family members, an anti-government activist has announced a "break" from political campaigns.

Ms. Taya Teepsuwan cited the recent gunfire and grenade attacks on her residence, her mother's holiday residence, and the school owned by her family as the reasons for her decision.

Ms. Taya and her husband, Nataphol Teepsuwan, have been active core activists of the People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).

Her mother's residence in Nakhon Ratchasima was sprayed with over 100 rounds of gunfire by unidentified assailants last week. Ms. Sasima Teepsuwan was said to be present in the house at the time, but no injury was reported.

Unknown individuals also hurled grenades twice into Ms. Taya's property in downtown Bangkok.

The spate of attacks occured after Ms. Taya and her husband heckled the ex-wife of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in an upscale shopping mall in Bangkok. The police have made no arrest in connection with the cases so far.

"The violent incidents ... were results of my [political] actions. I regret for all those who were affected, and I am really worried for safety of those close to me," Ms. Taya said in a Facebook post today.

"After taking time to consider all this, I decide to express my responsibility by taking a break from political movements," she added, "I hope this decision will protect my mother and people close to me".

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394165454&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-07

ANTI-GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGNS
Taya pulls back for safety of family and students

The Nation

30228601-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A rally leader who blew a whistle at the former wife of fugitive Thaksin Shinawatra announced on Friday that she has decided to suspend her political activities following bomb attacks at her house and her mother's Khao Yai residence.

The suspension is for the safety of her family, her mother’s and the students of her mother’s school, Taya Teepsuwan wrote on her Facebook page.

Taya, a former Bangkok deputy governor, and her husband; Nuthapol, were among a group of anti-government protesters who blew whistles at Khunying Potjaman Na Pombejra at the Emporium Shopping Complex late last month.

Since then, her Sukhumvit residence has been the target of two bomb attacks and another attack was made on the Korat residence of her mother; Khunying Sasima Srivikorn, owner of Srivikorn School. No one was injured in any of attacks.

Taya said on Facebook that she made the decision out of concern for the safety of the students at her mother’s school.

"The attacks using weapons of war took place at my mother’s Khao Yai residence and at my house and there have also been a series of threats to Srivikorn School in the past week. I’m very sorry for those who had to suffer the consequences of my activities. I’m very concerned for the safety of those people."

"After reviewing everything, I decide to take responsibility by suspending my political activities. I hope that my decision will protect my mother and other people, particularly the students who may be harmed," she wrote.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-07

Yet another Thai learning that actions have consequences.

Yet another Thai bowing to Red Shirt intimidation.

BTW your avatar is appropriate.

Haha, the first one to openly come out as a "red buffalo"...!! I would still like to see him change his name to something more appropriate though ... perhaps TS-wanabee..?!

• Like 2

The question is this - which is more intimidating - whistles or bombs ? Someone or some persons seem to think it's bombs. One thing is for sure, it has sparked a series of outraged responses. But this is not only just any kind of outrage. It is more akin to a mental imbalance. What inspired it ? The image of a centi-millionaire being whistled at. That was it. But for one or more people that was clearly more than enough. Thaksin's lawyer immediately lodged an international statement of outrage at the incident, saying that Thaksin's ex-wife was being pursued by the " elite ". One is not quite sure what he meant by the word elite, except that it clearly must include people who are somewhat shy of being a centi-millionaire. But what puts people over the top - what sends them into a psychotic state ? Whistles ? And if so, exactly what would be behind that kind of imbalance of mind ? Just how fragile can egos be ? Perhaps the fragility of the egos are measured by the ferocity, irrationality, and unbalanced nature of the response.

Think about what you have just said...!! You are advocating bombings of even those who are not directly involved in any of the current mess.

I don't know who you are a reincarnation of (possible Jacksh1t, who went missing some weeks ago) but you are treading on dangerous ground here.

Most of us here are able to adopt a mature, balanced perspective of the current situation in Thailand; we do not need extremists in our midst...!!

I'm not advocating anything, it's false of you to suggest that I am.

I am stating what is common knowledge.

Actions have consequences.

I have voiced neither approval or disapproval of either the actions or the consequences in the referenced situation.

Nobody operates in a vacuum, what we do affects others which in turn affects the way they act towards us.

In life the best course of action is to follow the golden rule i.e. Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Blowing whistles in someones ear or firing a rifle hidden within a popcorn bag is going to provoke a response that you will be, at the very least, partially responsible for.

• Like 2

The question is this - which is more intimidating - whistles or bombs ? Someone or some persons seem to think it's bombs. One thing is for sure, it has sparked a series of outraged responses. But this is not only just any kind of outrage. It is more akin to a mental imbalance. What inspired it ? The image of a centi-millionaire being whistled at. That was it. But for one or more people that was clearly more than enough. Thaksin's lawyer immediately lodged an international statement of outrage at the incident, saying that Thaksin's ex-wife was being pursued by the " elite ". One is not quite sure what he meant by the word elite, except that it clearly must include people who are somewhat shy of being a centi-millionaire. But what puts people over the top - what sends them into a psychotic state ? Whistles ? And if so, exactly what would be behind that kind of imbalance of mind ? Just how fragile can egos be ? Perhaps the fragility of the egos are measured by the ferocity, irrationality, and unbalanced nature of the response.

First time I've ever heard centi- millionaire.

You may have just coined a phrase.

ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 10:51, said:

Yeh, consequences, you blow a whistle, you get bombs thrown at your house.

Thais should open their eyes and learn more from these actions.

Pretty much.

You tease a dog, you're going to get bitten.

This is true the world over.

Why the surprise?

What makes you think the violence would only occur in one direction?

So, you compare yourself to a dog!

Good to know!

Edited by ManopY

I am confused. I read that in 2008 Potjaman was convicted for corruption, she jumped bail and fled the country. And then she suddenly shows up at emporium in 2014.

Did she already served her time? Didn't they confiscate her assets? How does she have money to shop at emporium?

• Like 2

ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 10:51, said:

Yeh, consequences, you blow a whistle, you get bombs thrown at your house.

Thais should open their eyes and learn more from these actions.

Yea! Another thing, you shut your mouth and allow people to take your shirt off your back, and after a while you will be walking around in the nude.

Oh please. This is another way to throw trash at people and make yourself look innocent. Maybe someone should send Thaksin's ex-wife to the protest site if she has a power to suspend activities. Will they suspend the protesting or bury her alive? LOL

Edited by stickyrice2000