PDRC to seek court ruling on status of caretaker govt, PM Yingluck

webfact

PDRC to seek court ruling on status of caretaker govt, PM
By Digital Content

13941102106227.jpg

BANGKOK, March 6 - The anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) will petition the Constitution Court tomorrow to review the caretaker status of the government and Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, arguing that the government has lost its legitimacy in running the country.

Thaworn Senneam, a key PDRC protest leader, said he would seek the court's deliberation on the caretaker status of the government and the prime minister.

He said the Yingluck Shinawatra administration has no legitimacy to administer national affairs as the House of Representatives or the Lower House of Parliament has been unable to convene to elect a new prime minister within 30 days since the Feb 2 poll as stipulated in the Constitution.

The protest leader also said he would also petition the Civil Court seeking the court's ruling on whether caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has violated the court order by signing an order to deport Indian businessman Satish Sehgal.

The Civil Court recently ruled that the caretaker government is authorised to enforce the emergency decree, but the government's Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) is prohibited from using the special law to disperse peaceful and unarmed protesters.

Mr Chalerm in his capacity as CMPO director signed a deportation order for the businessman, accusing him of defying the emergency decree and leading anti-government protests.

The CMPO director stood by his order, saying it has been issued lawfully.

Meanwhile, PDRC spokesperson Akanat Promphan said a former Supreme Court president wrote to PDRC secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban, explaining that under the current political stalemate, the country could not afford to have the caretaker government running the country indefinitely without parliamentary scrutiny. Therefore, it is possible for the Senate Speaker to seek royal endorsement for an appointed prime minister under the Article 7 of the Constitution. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-07

And she answered, No, my brother told me to stay put, and I will always follow his commands.

After all, haven't got the brain to think by myself.

Now lets go and embrace some old ladies in Khon Kaen.

and your responses are always the same, I guess you don't fully understand how the constitution works in Thailand, more cheese with that Whine mate ?? You and your sidekick scamper seem to know more about Thai constitutions than the Thai courts themselves, maybe you need to go to the courts yourself and pertition them for being wrong !!! ? coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Fat Haggis, are you feeling all right today?

You seem a little aggravated.

As about Thai constitution, how do you want me to understand it better than the present government?

Did they ever give a rat's arse about the constitution or courts rulings?

Why things will change now?

PS. Scamper rules OKthumbsup.gif

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 2

Yinluck should remain in the position until the next election is completed. Besides, she was officially elected before stepping down to calm the protest situation. It's so mind bothering that PDRC is using the Court system to remove her. The Court in Thailand seems to be almighty that is capable of removing the government post.

These judges can be bought just like everone else, there seems to be very little integrity within the judicial system.

It's the lassies in the admin offices I feel sorry for, they're snowed under with petitions, counter petitions, claims, and counter claims..they've never seen so much paperwork!!

And she answered, No, my brother told me to stay put, and I will always follow his commands.

After all, haven't got the brain to think by myself.

Now lets go and embrace some old ladies in Khon Kaen.

If someone understands that he/she isn't very smart, than in fact this person is already smart. The problem of the stupid people is that they actually believe that they are smart.

• Like 1

From so many angles, things are slowly encircling the former Yingluck administration. They are experiencing the first stage of grief - which is denial. Sooner or later, that will not be possible, even in their own minds. But even after that, they will likely continue to pretend. In some ways, this is already happening. There is a lot of bluffing going on. We've seen it now actually for weeks regarding the ongoing promises to pay the farmers, and we see it now with spokesman after spokesman getting before the cameras and saying " I'm still here ". They know they are just using a line, but it's all they have. In many ways, Pheu Thai has always been an empty campaign slogan. There was no substance behind it. Just labels. And that is now literally all that remains. Just the labeling. The PDRC's case to the Constitutional Court is very strong. It has the backing of two former members of the Supreme Court. It has the backing of previous rulings by the Civil Court, the Criminal Court, and the Constitutional Court themselves. Of course Chalerm can't sign any papers at this point. But again, why should anyone at this stage be surprised that Chalerm has yet again shown that he is oblivious to anything outside of his belief that he is the ultimate authority as to what he can or cannot do ? It makes one wonder what two immensely head-strong individuals do when they meet in Singapore.

Probably one speaks, while the other listens.

• Like 1

Good post, but you're still assuming that he's gone to Singapore to meet Thaksin, should be easy enough to verify, I'm sure the PDRC will have it's tentacles in place to see whom Chalerm is meeting, Instead of speculation, lets all wait for the proof, I mean why go all the way to Singapore?

Thaksin could have met him anywhere he chose, and a lot closer to home. I'm also pretty sure that anything Thaksin has to say could easily be passed to a 3rd Party to be passed on to Chalerm, and why Chalerm? I'm also pretty sure that Thaksin also knows that he (Chalerm) is becoming a liability, or always was one, depending on the side you wsh to look from, doesn't need a face to face to tell someone "You're a knob, and I want you to shut your piehole, you're an embarrasment" ;)

Ombudsmen announces decision to send Feb 2 poll case to court

BANGKOK: -- The Office of the Ombudsman has forwarded the petition asking for the February 2 election to be nullified to the Constitutional Court.

The petition was submitted by Thammasat University law lecturer Kittipong Kamolthamwong and demanded that the election be nullified because the process had resulted in the ballot being unfair.

There was no election in 28 constituencies in the South thus voting did not take place on the same day nationwide as required by the Constitution, he wrote in the petition.

Moreover, the candidacy registration was not done properly and the registration venues were changed without prior notice. The ballot counting on February 2 had given the result to voters and could thus affect the decision of those unable to exercise their rights on that day, he added.

Meanwhile, the Election Commission’s negligence allowed for government interference in the election and benefited the candidates from caretaker Yingluck Shinawatra's government and the coalition. The Emergency Decree was used as a tool, he wrote.

The agency forwarded the petition to the court on Thursday and held a press conference on Friday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-07

He said the Yingluck Shinawatra administration has no legitimacy to administer national affairs as the House of Representatives or the Lower House of Parliament has been unable to convene to elect a new prime minister within 30 days since the Feb 2 poll as stipulated in the Constitution.

Er, yes... because your lot illegally blocked the polling stations. Pathetic logic.

<snip>

There was no election in 28 constituencies in the South thus voting did not take place on the same day nationwide as required by the Constitution, he wrote in the petition.

<snip>

Yes, because whoever wrote the Constitution never thought that one side would block the polling stations.

Laughably childish logic.

<snip>

<snip>

Yes, because whoever wrote the Constitution never thought that one side would block the polling stations.

But he is NOT wrong.. The obvious thing to do is have another fresh election where ALL parties join in.. NO?

<snip>

<snip>

But he is NOT wrong.. The obvious thing to do is have another fresh election where ALL parties join in.. NO?

Yes. And arrest anyone who blocks the polling stations or interferes with the polls in any way, e.g. blocking candidate registrations.

Er, yes... because your lot illegally blocked the polling stations. Pathetic logic.

Er, and your lot issued Thaksin a passport illegaly, then refused to answer to the ombudsman.

The quicker this illegitimate government is removed the better it will be for the Thai economy as a whole. They are ruining it by stubbornly allowing the unelectable thaksin to continue to run the country.

Time to listen to the majority even if you don't like it accept it.

The quicker this illegitimate government is removed the better it will be for the Thai economy as a whole. They are ruining it by stubbornly allowing the unelectable thaksin to continue to run the country.

How exactly are the majority making their wishes known to you?

Usually the voice of the majority is heard through elections.

Out of fear, the Democrats and the Yellow mini mob has denied them that avenue of expression.

What's your alternative?

How do you claim to know what the majority want?

• Like 2

How exactly are the majority making their wishes known to you?

Usually the voice of the majority is heard through elections.

Out of fear, the Democrats and the Yellow mini mob has denied them that avenue of expression.

What's your alternative?

How do you claim to know what the majority want?

I base my knowledge on FACTS. Not an election from 3 years ago.

In the history of Thai democracy the last election had the lowest voter turn out ever and this does not even include areas that where disrupted by the PDRC.

Accept a minority of 43% without question cause it suits your agenda. Don't accept a majority of 61% against the amnesty bill because it does not suit your agenda. Don't accept the Constitution that the majority of 60% voted for because it does not suit your agenda. Don't accept NIDA and Bangkok polls unless it suits your agenda. Then the only thing you refer too is elections and the last one that the majority didn't turn out to vote is still not accepted because it does not suit your agenda.

If this election ever does get tabulated and the PTP loose. You won't accept it. Well the PTP won't and you will just agree with them and argue what ever reasons they come up with.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

The majority? Ha! Ha!

Good morning to you too Costa's not aggravated at all, not even phased to be honest, sitting here with a cup of coffee watching the workers beavering away, and reading all the responses from the people who are "gutted" that Yingluck's still in the seat, it's a waiting game my friend, her career is doomed, and it will take a minor miracle for her to recover, so instead of getting animated and all dissapointed, sit back, chill, let time and karma deal with it all buddy.

That all being said, if it goes to another Poll, and the PTP retain their leadership, then a lot of people are going to just have to "embrace the suck" and move on with their lives mate, just let things settle down, and let Karma play the cards, right now it's all about the dirty tricks stage, and with Suthep, people in Glass houses definately shouldn't be throwing stones.

Waaaaayy too many people anticipated that Yingluck would crumble and cave within weeks, well old chap, she's remained at the helm of that ship, and so far she's the one who's caused more frustration with the PDRC leadership, I neither like nor dislike her, same with Suthep, but I will leave the Politics to the Thais, and those with PR in Thailand, I'm a guest, I'll keep my political views to myself , they don't really matter anyway, as a farang, they're just mere opinions, nobody has to like them, and I can change them like socks if I wanted to.

You cannot deny that the support for the protests have decreased dramatically, and the numbers touted have always been grossly exagerrated as well, I admire the reasons, as in the anti corruption, but it would have been better to have had a better champion for that cause that a man who's been part of the problem all along...again, just my opinion.

Back to my coffee now ;) have a great day fella

She has to stay her brother has ordained it, you dont seem to understand how a thai family works, there is only one boss who decides whats going to happen in the shinn family clan. And ying luck has to obey his comands.

Good post, but you're still assuming that he's gone to Singapore to meet Thaksin, should be easy enough to verify, I'm sure the PDRC will have it's tentacles in place to see whom Chalerm is meeting, Instead of speculation, lets all wait for the proof, I mean why go all the way to Singapore?

Thaksin could have met him anywhere he chose, and a lot closer to home. I'm also pretty sure that anything Thaksin has to say could easily be passed to a 3rd Party to be passed on to Chalerm, and why Chalerm? I'm also pretty sure that Thaksin also knows that he (Chalerm) is becoming a liability, or always was one, depending on the side you wsh to look from, doesn't need a face to face to tell someone "You're a knob, and I want you to shut your piehole, you're an embarrasment" ;)

Of course he is meeting thaksin there is no doubt.

Yinluck should remain in the position until the next election is completed. Besides, she was officially elected before stepping down to calm the protest situation. It's so mind bothering that PDRC is using the Court system to remove her. The Court in Thailand seems to be almighty that is capable of removing the government post.

Yingluck was not officially elected!! She was appointed by a convicted criminal on the run from Thai justice!! What part of that do you not understand?

• Like 1

Yingluck was not officially elected!! She was appointed by a convicted criminal on the run from Thai justice!! What part of that do you not understand?

I am absolutely not a PT supporter but to try and argue that people were somehow unaware YL would become PM after the last election is laughable. The whole country knew she was going to become PM if PT won.

• Like 2

Thaksin could have met him anywhere he chose, and a lot closer to home. I'm also pretty sure that anything Thaksin has to say could easily be passed to a 3rd Party to be passed on to Chalerm, and why Chalerm? I'm also pretty sure that Thaksin also knows that he (Chalerm) is becoming a liability, or always was one, depending on the side you wsh to look from, doesn't need a face to face to tell someone "You're a knob, and I want you to shut your piehole, you're an embarrasment" wink.png

Of course he is meeting thaksin there is no doubt.

And you have this as FACT? otherwise you're are rumouring? I do believe that creating such rumours are against the forum rules old chap ;)

Considering some TVF members "speculated" he was in Chiang Mai last week when Poo was there, don't you think that Chalerm would have not gone there.

To be honest, it's not even newsworthy so if he does flyto meet Thaksin? So what, it's hardly the surprise of the century that Thaksin is still the power behind the Governemnt is it? ;)

It's a story that's a non story