Air Asia Promotion to Phuket 777 Baht

isawasnake

I may just be overlooking something, but how does this promotion work. I am in the market for a ticket to Phuket, I click on this link that advertises 777 baht flights to Phuket, and all I get is a list with no way to actually book the flight.

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr0590305.page?icid=iac386hpmba

The price seems too good to be true anyway, but is there something I am overlooking? The promotion ad is running on air asia's main page in Thailand, and you click on it and it brings you to that above page where you can't book anything.

Edited by isawasnake

AirAsia are known for false advertising for many years, you ever tried to get one of their free promotion trips.

I and lot of friends have tried so many times after they advertise these specials, we never bother now.

• Like 2

I've had many free flights with Airasia (except for the airport tax, which is a govt tax). Just need to book well ahead (6-10 months), book right after you get the promotion email to have the biggest selection in dates and the most important: BE FLEXIBLE.

I never book return flights as the promotions are often only one way and they try to cash in on you coming back. Just wait for the next promotion a couple of months later and book the return leg.

To say these promotions are false advertising and there is no free seats is simply untrue!

What I do agree on is that advertised costs must include all mandatory charges by the airline (not airport tax), because if you are forced to pay a set "processing fee" why not just include this in the price. There is no option to not pay it except having a special bank card from some Malaysian bank. Same with Ryanair.

• Like 1

I just tried booking, they now have a calender view where you can see the whole month and plan accordingly. Very convenient when searching. And except for some 220 baht fuel surcharge some flights really are "free". See for yourself:

ndca5Gr.png

Be sure you un-check the box for some type of insurance or they will automatically

bill you something like 500 baht!

Make sure before you click OK that you read everything and I mean everything

that you are purchasing on that ticket! ( meals, seats, insurance )

Bunch of jip-os they are!

• Like 1

I booked AirAsia Udon Thani-Phuket-Udon Thani...for this December....371 baht to Phuket and 750 baht back to Udon.....total cost with no bags and no insurance 1200 baht.......just got to sit tight and wait for the 2nd of December......555.

No bags? Not sure I'd want to be sitting next to *you* on that flight. Do you add the cost of buying clothes and toiletries at destination to the total cost?

I've never understood the joy some people demonstrate when they pick up something cheap. As the saying goes, "When you're buying cheap, you're buying dear."

But I wish you the best of health between now and next Christmas. Happy Holidays.

• Like 1

7 kilos is plenty of luggage, in fact my luggage was only that when going from Europe to Thailand. I was surprised that it's so little but then I could take it on board and I didn't have to wait for baggage claim.

If you only take clothes you can still take loads, it really is a lot. As for the toiletries: You can buy proper shampoo in 7-11 for 20 baht and soap is cheap too. But actually the packages of everything here are so small you could take them on board (as well as your shaving foam).

• Like 1

I just tried booking, they now have a calender view where you can see the whole month and plan accordingly. Very convenient when searching. And except for some 220 baht fuel surcharge some flights really are "free". See for yourself:

ndca5Gr.png

How did you get this view? I don't see any of the advertised prices for the route i'm interested in, this feature would be helpful.

I booked AirAsia Udon Thani-Phuket-Udon Thani...for this December....371 baht to Phuket and 750 baht back to Udon.....total cost with no bags and no insurance 1200 baht.......just got to sit tight and wait for the 2nd of December......555.

No bags? Not sure I'd want to be sitting next to *you* on that flight. Do you add the cost of buying clothes and toiletries at destination to the total cost?

I've never understood the joy some people demonstrate when they pick up something cheap. As the saying goes, "When you're buying cheap, you're buying dear."

But I wish you the best of health between now and next Christmas. Happy Holidays.

don't worry....no bags booked means suitcases for the hold.....you are allowed hand luggage....my clothes and toiletries will be in my hand luggage up to 10 kilos...and thank you for the good health shout out.....

I travel maybe 3-4 times a year to Perth with AA.

Always find good value for money deals and the site is not difficult to navigate.

I never take more than a carry on bag, refuse insurance, never book seats or meals and the result is a very good price which cannot be beaten unless one enjoys (very long) waits and a total journey exceeding 20 hours !

AirAsia are known for false advertising for many years, you ever tried to get one of their free promotion trips.

I and lot of friends have tried so many times after they advertise these specials, we never bother now.

i leave it to the gf, she sorts it no problem. the bargains are definitely there - we've had many amazingly cheap flights

ndca5Gr.png

How did you get this view? I don't see any of the advertised prices for the route i'm interested in, this feature would be helpful.

Look at the following image at the top right corner. Just search for some random date (but the correct month) to get there.

q10NyEG.png