Where is a nice meeting place for a 1st time date? Share your favorites

Robininbkk

Thais love the idea of coffee shops ive met a few at Starbucks ground floor MBK building ( and thats because both are well known and easy to get to), though that first date is most often a lunch or dinner date, The big downtown malls cover pretty much any type of place from coffee shop to restaurant.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central Plaza, Lotus, or Big C restaurants or coffee shops....and a walk around the stores and merchandise rows...If she ask you to buy something expensive for her..... on a first date, you will know that may be better for you to take off the ATM sign on your head....

If the date is going well.....buy a bottle of wine to share at your apartment may be a good suggestion....or....the movie theater next door...Some Central Plaza Malls have inexpensive massages shop, and Thai women loves massages.....May be another good suggestion to share...

My Wife hates massages, must be the odd one out, I cant understand her at allfacepalm.gif

Shopping mall restaurant, be sure to make the meet up place a book shop, then if she shows up early or late at least you or she can browse books whilst awaiting the arrival of the later.

in my experience thati's dont really do romance as we do in the west. for them the more money you spend the more romantic the date.

it also depends how good her english/your thai is. if there is any language barrier you should avoid sitting and having to talk so need to do something that occupies you without having to speak all the time.

another thing i used to do was go on the peddle boats on lumpini park lake then sit and relax in the park. but at the moment there might be a few protesters around there...

The more you spend does not make the date more romantic. Sure, if she's a gold digger, she'll be over the moon if you start throwing cash around, but for many girls, throwing around a bunch of money is more likely to make them uncomfortable. First off, the places where you would go to toss around some real cash will spot her socio-economic position in 2 seconds and she'll know that they know which makes her self conscious. You're not doing yourself any favors trying to woo some farm girl by taking her to the Four Seasons brunch.

I have never 'dated' in Thailand - jk. From my international experience - never, never, never take a poor girl to an expensive restaurant. I did once. Repeat - once. When she saw the bill she said - my whole family can live one month on that amount of money. I never saw her again. she was totally insulted. She hated me for spending so much money on a meal.

It might depend on the income and educational level of the woman and her family. But on a first date none of that may be known, especially if she has a poor foreign language skill assuming you are a foreigner. An upscale mall that also has amusements and cinemas available would give the woman wider opportunity to "lead" you to what interests her.

Start with taking her to the VD clinic............... then if clean straight to the Hotel..............

$50 says when she turns up for the date she has a toothbrush, toothpaste and a condom in her hang bag..............

Most "next door kinda girls", #ThaiLoveLinks #ThaiFriendly girls always come prepared................

Have a good day Mr. Troll.

• Like 2

Silom Soi 4 Telephone Bar, gay bar...that way you won't have to worry about other guys perving at her and she will feel more relaxed amongst the friendly laid-back gay guys. (She might be a fag-hag!) w00t.gif

• Like 1

Update:

Thanks for all the suggestions. We went to Terminal 21, to the foodcourt... She was very happy and we had an excellent view by the window side table. Like I said, she is a normal middle class girl. She did not wanted me to pay anything for her. Even when I insisted, she really looked at me angryly, so I just let it be, I guess she don't want people to think of her being a bargirl or something who leeches of the farang. So I understand and did my best not to make her lose face in public. After that we went to have a few drinks at soi 11, at those old skool VolksWagen-transformed-into-mobile-bar kind of spot. I did not tried to get her drunk, no need to, she ordered some very strong drinks for both of us lol. It was fun, we had great laughter. After that we went to my place because it was late already and the BTS closed down and she said she lived so far and going alone in nighttime as a lady is dangerous. So, as the kind gentleman I am, offered her to sleep at my place until the BTS are open and the sun comes up, when she will be safe to travel by herself. I saw her eyes lid up when I said that, did not expected that...

Well, the rest was history. I did not expected this outcome for this date. I mean to hit ''homerun''. I guess It all depends whether one has a good time or not that makes a Thai girl decide to stay with ya at the first date.

• Like 1

She caught you nicely, wait for the " I'm pregnant" routine.

Dont think the "I used a condom" answer is gonna save you from the brothers uncles cousins and may be her father due to introduce themselves any time soon as she knows exactly where to find you !

Never heard of a "honey trap", you fell for it nicely.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2