Where is a nice meeting place for a 1st time date? Share your favorites

Robininbkk

I will have a date later but have no idea where to go. Do you have any ideas in Bangkok? Any area is ok, as long as it's not further than Bangna, not further than ratchyothin and not further than thonburi.

Afternoon place and evening place please.

Nothing too fancy please, just down to earth relaxed athmosphere with a next door type of girl. Somewhere where we both feel comfortable.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thai girls are not generally the most sophisticated of beasts and are happiest in their natural habitat so go for a shopping mall. i usually choose central world as its pretty easy to get to - though they'll still probably arrive late - and has plenty of coffee shops, cinemas, restaurants, places to sit...

or a mall not too far from your place if you intend to lure her back there...

i have tried putting effort into cultural dates as i would back home; art gallery, museum, theatre (ha!) or similar and the girls are just not interested or seemingly able to appreciate...

I like your suggestions. a mall near my place is a wise choice. But I am dating a fairly young Thai lady, 22 years. I was wondering what the Thais do when they go on a date, surely they know some cool and nice places then we farangs do?

FYI, I do not care if I would hit homerun the first date, it would be nice, but not my main goal, first or second base is enough. Although I expect to hit homerun at the second date, So this first date is to suggarcoat my date, so to speak...

Edited by Robininbkk

thai girls are not generally the most sophisticated of beasts and are happiest in their natural habitat so go for a shopping mall. i usually choose central world as its pretty easy to get to - though they'll still probably arrive late - and has plenty of coffee shops, cinemas, restaurants, places to sit...

i have tried putting effort into cultural dates as i would back home; art gallery, museum, theatre (ha!) or similar and the girls are just not interested or seemingly able to appreciate...

I like your suggestions. a mall near my place is a wise choice. But I am dating a fairly young Thai lady, 22 years. I was wondering what the Thais do when they go on a date, surely they know some cool and nice places then we farangs do?

FYI, I do not care if I would hit homerun the first date, it would be nice, but not my main goal, first or second base is enough. Although I expect to hit homerun at the second date, So this first date is to suggarcoat my date, so to speak...

you could try asking her what she would like to do, and you are right she should know cool things to do but the reality will be a lack of imagination, reluctance to make a decision or take responsibility. i bet she says 'up to you'. therefore you need plan and to take control or the date will flop.

dont worry about the age. they're all immature whatever their age.

• Like 1

i've just remembered a place i like. there's a park near JJ market where you can rent bikes - 40 baht all day. take a mat, snacks and a camera and you can have a nice afternoon. doesn't suit all girls as it requires effort to get there, effort to cycle and the poor dears dont all like heat. but if a girl is up for it she's probably a keeper.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

you could try asking her what she would like to do, and you are right she should know cool things to do but the reality will be a lack of imagination, reluctance to make a decision or take responsibility. i bet she says 'up to you'. therefore you need plan and to take control or the date will flop.

dont worry about the age. they're all immature whatever their age.

True, she did said ''up to you''

i've just remembered a place i like. there's a park near JJ market where you can rent bikes - 40 baht all day. take a mat, snacks and a camera and you can have a nice afternoon. doesn't suit all girls as it requires effort to get there, effort to cycle and the poor dears dont all like heat. but if a girl is up for it she's probably a keeper.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Please let us know where you end up taking the " next door type of girl " give us the rundown on how it went .....

I look forward to your pleasant response.

good luck for the date.

Yes will let you guys know. But still need more suggestions to make up my mind.

Hotel with a 4 pack and some takeaway that stays hot

What kind of takeaways stays hot?

The ones in a foil box like back home

hmm, never seen them in Thailand. They always give them in white plastic boxes or plastic bags. Only seem them in Italian restaurants.

It really depends on the class of the girl. I've made the mistake when I first came of taking girls to place they're really uncomfortable with. You'll get things like them not liking the food and alcohol. On the other hand those places may be perfect for the girl if she's used to hanging out at them or loves trying new things (very rare).

in my experience thati's dont really do romance as we do in the west. for them the more money you spend the more romantic the date.

it also depends how good her english/your thai is. if there is any language barrier you should avoid sitting and having to talk so need to do something that occupies you without having to speak all the time.

another thing i used to do was go on the peddle boats on lumpini park lake then sit and relax in the park. but at the moment there might be a few protesters around there...

• Like 1

Hotel with a 4 pack and some takeaway that stays hot

What kind of takeaways stays hot?

The ones in a foil box like back home

hmm, never seen them in Thailand. They always give them in white plastic boxes or plastic bags. Only seem them in Italian restaurants.

Just ask for a shag basket they will charge you 20 baht more but it will be pipin hot for a long time

Take her for a river trip and then a nice dinner by the said river. There's a great restaurant out near the Commerce Ministry and NACC buildings in Nonthaburi but maybe too far for you to go. Very romantic - not that I ever used it for that purpose exactly

CentralWorld is a good choice.... lots of places to snack and eat there, and a large movie theater as well, if you're so inclined.

The protesters there are gone. And upstairs, there's a very popular place among Thais and women especially for deserts called After You, especially if she's a Bangkok city girl.

http://www.afteryoudessertcafe.com/

If she's a country girl, there are a variety of Isaan restaurants around town that she'd likely enjoy, including a place on Suk Soi 36 that has entertainment at night called Vientiane Kitchen. You sit on cushions on the floor around the table. It's very cozy, but no air con as I recall.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle/7953_info_vientiane-kitchen.html

It would help a bit if you were more specific about her background and orientation (meaning, westernized or not), and if you've met in person or talked together directly before, or if this is going to be a blind date.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Central Plaza, Lotus, or Big C restaurants or coffee shops....and a walk around the stores and merchandise rows...If she ask you to buy something expensive for her..... on a first date, you will know that may be better for you to take off the ATM sign on your head....

If the date is going well.....buy a bottle of wine to share at your apartment may be a good suggestion....or....the movie theater next door...Some Central Plaza Malls have inexpensive massages shop, and Thai women loves massages.....May be another good suggestion to share...

Edited by thailampang2012