GBP to THB Exchange Rate

I hope somebody is keeping tabs on all of this because I'm not going to, thus far it's 48.8 to 50.4.

Any other players, line up and take your chances here xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png

Importantly, include the reasons why you think it will go up or down.

I think about 53 to 55 also, because this is where it was October 2010 before the GBP weakened relative to USD, now GBP is strengthening or reverting its weakening it should return to where it was.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/612416-gbp-to-thb-exchange-rate/?p=6748352

subject to any adverse econmics, it should remain here as long as BoE base rate remains at 0.5%, apparently the swap rate ( http://www.swap-rates.com/UKSwap.html ) follows the anticipated base rate, this being the case the baht may remain where it is for another year or 2 before weakening further.

the baht may remain where it is for another year or 2 before weakening further

or perhaps strengthening further because that is exactly what the Baht is doing since years vs. a bunch of major currencies.

it is a well known fact that forecasts are quite difficult, especially when they pertain to the future.

as i am an investor, not a "player", i consider myself excused for not stating any reason because i have no idea what GBPTHB might do come next monday or in two years.

perhaps it's worthwhile to mention that swap rates are not set in stone but vary from day to day, sometimes from hour to hour.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if I had to guess there's only one way,if you have the same photo on the right side above the reply box as me its UP.wub.png

I think so too, not much room for it on the downside.

if the base rate does move up, what tends to happen to the currency as a result, does the currency strengthen.

Edited by ArranP

if I had to guess there's only one way,if you have the same photo on the right side above the reply box as me its UP.wub.png

if the base rate does move up, what tends to happen to the currency as a result, does the currency strengthen.

There is no 1:1 relationship with all currencies if that is what you are looking for. If sterling puts rates up as a result of the strengthening of the economy then it is the economic outlook you should primarily be looking at rather then the rate which is a marker.

Edited by SheungWan

• 2 weeks later...

There is no 1:1 relationship with all currencies if that is what you are looking for. If sterling puts rates up as a result of the strengthening of the economy then it is the economic outlook you should primarily be looking at rather then the rate which is a marker.

I think the UK and USA will put up rates next, rather than reduce rates.

I think the UK and USA will put up rates next, rather than reduce rates.

.... And then have another crises and have to print a load more money; bail in too even.

.... And then have another crises and have to print a load more money; bail in too even.

maybe but a bit later on... firstly I expect GBP and USD to strengthen against THB as the "West" base rates rise back upwards.

From crises to crises, inflation erodes the value of debt that accrued in the last crises, however commodities go up with inflation.

Edited by ArranP

Any idea of which bank offers the best gbp/baht exchange rate or if there's a website online that gives me the info before I get some cash out off the atm?

I have an account with Bangkok bank and transfer my money from the UK via their london branch, it arrives here the next day, I've not done comparisons.

Have you done a comparison with the real exchange rate shown for example on google?
In europe I used to move money through Transferwise, in between Euros and GBP.
Here, I wouldn't have a clue, but I'm sure that there's similar services.

I've read that opening a bank account here is possible even on a tourist visa, for about 300baht (to issue the atm card). Guess that in a couple of withdrawal it would pay back the investment.

But then, most of my money is in Italy and the game you're talking about wouldn't work for me...
Hard life, lol.