Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Hi,

plausible scenario there skippy. Lots of portable oxygen onboard for the cabin crew to move around tho. I would hope they would have entered the flight deck at some stage to see what exactly was going on, however how much benefit there would be after a long time had passed is debatable. That's assuming access would be possible due to the location of the E&E bay and possible deformation etc. All speculation of course, but interesting nonetheless.

Cheers.... Portable oxygen assumes they were aware there was an issue and the low cabin alt system was functioning well. Remember the Payne Stewart incident where they all died and plane kept flying.... To me this is the same, just bigger.

Crews are well trained what to do when the alarm goes off, but if it does not.... It really is a sleeping death if its a gradual decompression rather than explosive.

Hypoxia is the only thing which can explain all the bits of evidence so far ( phone ring, no one pick up, can't find plane ( cause its in the Indian ocean ), engines sending data for 4 hours ).

Ps I see Americans are shifting their search to Indian Ocean this morning

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

plausible scenario there skippy. Lots of portable oxygen onboard for the cabin crew to move around tho. I would hope they would have entered the flight deck at some stage to see what exactly was going on, however how much benefit there would be after a long time had passed is debatable. That's assuming access would be possible due to the location of the E&E bay and possible deformation etc. All speculation of course, but interesting nonetheless.

Cheers.... Portable oxygen assumes they were aware there was an issue and the low cabin alt system was functioning well. Remember the Payne Stewart incident where they all died and plane kept flying.... To me this is the same, just bigger.

Crews are well trained what to do when the alarm goes off, but if it does not.... It really is a sleeping death if its a gradual decompression rather than explosive.

Hypoxia is the only thing which can explain all the bits of evidence so far ( phone ring, no one pick up, can't find plane ( cause its in the Indian ocean ), engines sending data for 4 hours ).

Ps I see Americans are shifting their search to Indian Ocean this morning

I agree that this would be plausible, except...

the experts seem to be in agreement that the transponders were turned off manually;

2 communication systems on the plane were shutdown separately, ~15 minutes apart;

Since these activities take specific and intentional effort, it seems hard to believe that hypoxia set in

Just my 2 satang worth

If it wasn't for the US a dozen countries would still be chasing a phantom plane in the Gulf of Thailand.

At least China has shut up with the "demanding answers" rhetoric after they sent out search parties looking for wreckage they spotted in the Gulf of Thailand on Google Maps or whatever it was. Their faces would be as red as their flag.

Malaysia at this point is hoping no-one finds the plane. The US finding the plane in the Indian Ocean will be a monumental loss of face.

This is the future you have to look forward to in the "Asian century"...

My position has been, since it started to become apparent that there was no wreckage where they thought it would be, that the plane has been "taken". People hypothesising about terrorists "taking control" of the plane removes the, rather sensible given the region mindset & MUCH, simpler version of "buying" the pilot(s). That way there is no struggle, no need to find experienced pilots and it is very easy to do everything described with the minimum fuss.

Yesterday another poster said that if they switched off the In Flight Entertainment system then nobody in the cabin would be any the wiser. I felt that this would produce another issue in people complaining to the flight crew and they would see the city below. I think that there is a chance that there were a number of complicit passengers too and, less likely, some cabin crew. You would need to do nothing until somebody piped up with a "we're not going the right way" then have the pilot (same voice that introduced themselves before take off) give some pre-fabricated rubbish to throw people off. This will buy a couple of hours before anybody in the cabin has to play their hand and start the "SHUT UP AND STAY SEATED" lecture. This would be within the last hour or so of the "recorded" flight time.

Now we are over to another poster (I think on pprune) theory that they flew to a disused WW2 air-strip in the Nicobar islands. This is in the right direction and would place them outside of being investigated further as they were posing no threat to any significant nation's radar. Once landed they have the ability to:

1) control the passengers and start the threats with more numbers (i.e. people on the ground)

2) refuel from a boat with aviation fuel

3) take care of the final communications systems that are sending data to Rolls Royce

Now we have a plane with NO signal, hostages (apparently with some value) and enough fuel to go 14,000km. What's within that radius?

My suspicion still points to the plane heading North over Bangladesh, Sikkim, Tibet and, finally, Western China (where there are HUGE swathes of sky not being monitored by primary radar). Having reviewed a published primary radar map (that these people certainly would have done) I will alter this slightly to then turning NE over Myanmar where there appears to be a radar free corridor into China then back towards Western China.

Again I point my finger at the Uyghur people and remind everybody of the mass stabbing in Kunming on March 1st that was never claimed by anybody....but certainly happened.

Once there the passengers can be split up into smaller groups and sent to multiple "safe houses" so that any attack on these people guarantees 80% of the passengers are killed at the same time. The people of interest are taken to a secure location and "forced" (in a kind of Bridge Over the River Khwai way) to help develop whatever it is that they can do (rumours of defence contractors on board). The final part of the puzzle is the leverage they are using. Is one of these supposed contractors flying with their family? I know that if somebody brutally murders a stranger (expendable passenger) in front of me then points the weapons at my family I will ask him how many lanes he wants that bridge to be and does he want a separate level for the trains...and maybe a nice viewing platform too? This is what is taking time.

Now we have hostages that can't be rescued, a plane with no ID, (and according to the rumours) invisible to radar that can be flown remotely (not too much hard work for a bunch of talented engineers and a captain who has flown numerous simulator missions). All that we need now is some sort of weapon to stick to the plane....and the demands begin.

Again, I accept that I am being "fanciful" but when I postulated that the plane had been taken on Monday I felt that it was a 1% chance. Now, on Friday, it appears increasingly likely and I think nearer 50%. Accepting that it didn't crash if it was hijacked (because you have a plane that has sauntered through primary radar over population and it hasn't been crashed into it) then this is a potential (I think about 0.5% likely) scenario. My biggest question is why.

Another time that I feel that pressing "post" is going to open me up to abuse but I did it on Monday and I'll give it another shot today. Please remember that I am hypothesising and am VERY LIKELY completely wrong. I am just pushing out a potential scenario.

Edited by draftvader

I agree that this would be plausible, except...

the experts seem to be in agreement that the transponders were turned off manually;

2 communication systems on the plane were shutdown separately, ~15 minutes apart;

Since these activities take specific and intentional effort, it seems hard to believe that hypoxia set in

Just my 2 satang worth

Cheer .... Take a look at some youtube videos on hypoxia to see how it screws with you and you don't even know.

I have had nitrogen narcosis..... You just don't function right.

My position has been, since it started to become apparent that there was no wreckage where they thought it would be, that the plane has been "taken". People hypothesising about terrorists "taking control" of the plane removes the, rather sensible given the region mindset & MUCH, simpler version of "buying" the pilot(s). That way there is no struggle, no need to find experienced pilots and it is very easy to do everything described with the minimum fuss.

Yesterday another poster said that if they switched off the In Flight Entertainment system then nobody in the cabin would be any the wiser. I felt that this would produce another issue in people complaining to the flight crew and they would see the city below. I think that there is a chance that there were a number of complicit passengers too and, less likely, some cabin crew. You would need to do nothing until somebody piped up with a "we're not going the right way" then have the pilot (same voice that introduced themselves before take off) give some pre-fabricated rubbish to throw people off. This will buy a couple of hours before anybody in the cabin has to play their hand and start the "SHUT UP AND STAY SEATED" lecture. This would be within the last hour or so of the "recorded" flight time.

Now we are over to another poster (I think on pprune) theory that they flew to a disused WW2 air-strip in the Nicobar islands. This is in the right direction and would place them outside of being investigated further as they were posing no threat to any significant nation's radar. Once landed they have the ability to:

1) control the passengers and start the threats with more numbers (i.e. people on the ground)

3) take care of the final communications systems that are sending data to Rolls Royce

Now we have a plane with NO signal, hostages (apparently with some value) and enough fuel to go 14,000km. What's within that radius?

My suspicion still points to the plane heading North over Bangladesh, Sikkim, Tibet and, finally, Western China (where there are HUGE swathes of sky not being monitored by primary radar). Having reviewed a published primary radar map (that these people certainly would have done) I will alter this slightly to then turning NE over Myanmar where there appears to be a radar free corridor into China then back towards Western China.

Again I point my finger at the Uyghur people and remind everybody of the mass stabbing in Kunming on March 1st that was never claimed by anybody....but certainly happened.

Once there the passengers can be split up into smaller groups and sent to multiple "safe houses" so that any attack on these people guarantees 80% of the passengers are killed at the same time. The people of interest are taken to a secure location and "forced" (in a kind of Bridge Over the River Khwai way) to help develop whatever it is that they can do (rumours of defence contractors on board). The final part of the puzzle is the leverage they are using. Is one of these supposed contractors flying with their family? I know that if somebody brutally murders a stranger (expendable passenger) in front of me then points the weapons at my family I will ask him how many lanes he wants that bridge to be and does he want a separate level for the trains...and maybe a nice viewing platform too? This is what is taking time.

Now we have hostages that can't be rescued, a plane with no ID, (and according to the rumours) invisible to radar that can be flown remotely (not too much hard work for a bunch of talented engineers and a captain who has flown numerous simulator missions). All that we need now is some sort of weapon to stick to the plane....and the demands begin.

Again, I accept that I am being "fanciful" but when I postulated that the plane had been taken on Monday I felt that it was a 1% chance. Now, on Friday, it appears increasingly likely and I think nearer 50%. Accepting that it didn't crash if it was hijacked (because you have a plane that has sauntered through primary radar over population and it hasn't been crashed into it) then this is a potential (I think about 0.5% likely) scenario. My biggest question is why.

Another time that I feel that pressing "post" is going to open me up to abuse but I did it on Monday and I'll give it another shot today. Please remember that I am hypothesising and am VERY LIKELY completely wrong. I am just pushing out a potential scenario.

I floated a similar theory on a different threat a few days ago, but not as detailed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710148-missing-mh-370-stolen-austrian-passport-used-by-iranian-teenage-migrant/page-2#entry7550171

Interesting theory but possibly over complicated. Once they have the plane on the ground (somewhere on an Andaman island for example) it is no longer necessary. More likely they would cover it from view (hangar) or torch it, to eliminate evidence.

The passengers could be taken by boat to another area and held as hostages (secret location) There is no need to go back to China (if this is a Chinese group). If this was about the cargo, then it is even simpler.

Of course the real trick here would be to land that plane at night on manual approach with no landing aids.

Search for Malaysian jet may stretch into Indian Ocean

Kuala Lumpur - The six-day search for a Malaysian airliner with 239 people aboard might be widened into the Indian Ocean after investigators found that the latest leads were inaccurate.

The additional search area might be opened "based on new information," White House spokesman Jay Carney said Thursday in Washington."We are discussing with partners which assets to deploy."

US military vessels and aircraft are actively participating in the search, while US air safety officials are in Kuala Lumpur to assist the Malaysian-led investigation, Carney said. Broadcaster CNN reported that the USS Kitts was steaming from the South China Sea to the Indian Ocean.

Earlier Thursday, two leads pursued by investigators turned up nothing, with Malaysian authorities saying both were inaccurate.

Search-and-rescue operations continued over 126,900 square kilometers from the South China Sea to the Strait of Malacca.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200 disappeared Saturday on a flight from Kuala Lampur to Beijing. The continuing search for Flight MH370 could take up to four weeks, a German aviation expert said.

"The probability of finding the wreck of the missing Malaysian Boeing is still high, but it will take a huge international search operation and could take three or four weeks," Heinrich Grossbongardt said.

Rescue ships and aircraft had sped early Thursday to an area in the South China Sea where a Chinese satellite had spotted floating objects already on the weekend, but rescuers found nothing in the area, Malaysian Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said.

China later admitted that the data was unconfirmed and the release of the images on a Chinese government website was unauthorized, Hishammuddin said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-14

I am beginning to think the comments of the wife of the NewZealand/Australian passenger going to work in Mongolia that he gave his watch and wedding ring to his child in case anything happened are worth investigating. I have never known anyone to do this and it is obvious that the individual was under a lot of strain from his relocatation after the Christchurch earthquake and financial pressures. I hope this is not the case but it is worth considering.

I am beginning to think the comments of the wife of the NewZealand/Australian passenger going to work in Mongolia that he gave his watch and wedding ring to his child in case anything happened are worth investigating. I have never known anyone to do this and it is obvious that the individual was under a lot of strain from his relocatation after the Christchurch earthquake and financial pressures. I hope this is not the case but it is worth considering.

you cannot be serious

Well now!!

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) A Malaysia Airlines plane sent signals to a satellite for four hours after the aircraft went missing, an indication that it was still flying for hundreds of miles or more, a U.S. official briefed on the search said Thursday.

you cannot be serious

Have you ever known someone to give his wedding ring to his child before a flight.

And recall why they stopped selling flight life insurance at airports in the US.

I hope not...but it is worth investigating. He certainly appeared to have problems.

"Striking similarities" from 19 83 crash

http://lankareporter.com/lr/2014/03/11/malaysian-plane-search-revives-sri-lankan-tycoon%E2%80%99s-missing-jet-mystery/

The richest man in Sri Lanka and his Learjet 35A simply disappeared on February 13, 1983. The $3.6 million Learjet bound for Colombo took off from Kaula Lampur at 8:41 pm carrying Sri Lankan billionaire Upali Wijewardene, his Malaysian lawyer S.M. Ratnam, Upali Group Director Ananda Peli Muhandiram, pilot Capt. Noel Anandappa, co-pilot Sydney Soysa and steward S. Senenakye.

Eleven minutes later, the pilot Aanandappa requested and received permission to climb 8,230 meters (27,000 feet). Malaysian radar reported Upali’s jet cruising at 744km/h over the Indian Ocean, Kinght-Ridder Newspapers reported.

At 9:02 pm the aircraft suddenly shattered the speed of sound, traveled at 1,352 km/h before it lost all radar and radio communication.

you cannot be serious

Have you ever known someone to give his wedding ring to his child before a flight.

And recall why they stopped selling flight life insurance at airports in the US.

I hope not...but it is worth investigating. He certainly appeared to have problems.

I think it is common, or used to be, to give a keepsake to young children or a loved one before departing on a long journey. That's probably where the word keepsake came from. Children may find it hard to understand why a parent has gone away, or a parent may want a young child to keep them in mind while away for a long time at a very young age. Seems natural to me.

Edited by rabas

you cannot be serious

I think it is common, or used to be, to give a keepsake to young children or a loved one before departing on a long journey. That's probably where the word keepsake came from. Children may find it hard to understand why a parent has gone away, or a parent may want a young child to keep them in mind while away for a long time at a very young age. Seems natural to me.

THe watch yes....the wedding ring I think shows some more. I am just saying that I would investigate it. It may just be he is horribly afraid of flying.

Here is another version.

It seems that each report about the data reporting is a garbled version of all the other stories.

Intermittent data “pings” from the missing Malaysia Airlines jet reportedly gave its location, speed and altitude for an extended period after it disappeared from civilian radar screens, with the last transmission putting the plane over water at a “normal” cruising altitude.

Well, then where is it???

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/did-mh370-fly-on-for-hours-satellite-data-indicates-malaysia-airlines-flight-may-have-strayed-as-far-off-course-as-the-indian-ocean/story-fnh81fz8-1226854085211

Here is another version.

It seems that each report about the data reporting is a garbled version of all the other stories.

Intermittent data pings from the missing Malaysia Airlines jet reportedly gave its location, speed and altitude for an extended period after it disappeared from civilian radar screens, with the last transmission putting the plane over water at a normal cruising altitude.

Well, then where is it???

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/did-mh370-fly-on-for-hours-satellite-data-indicates-malaysia-airlines-flight-may-have-strayed-as-far-off-course-as-the-indian-ocean/story-fnh81fz8-1226854085211

If location, speed and altitude were transmitted to...." a satellite"!! presumably not a

commercial/civilian one but a military one?

So if the transponders were turned off manually it eventually dawned on someone to turn the pinger transmission off, too?

P8A Poseidon sent to Indian Ocean. They can carry 120 or so sonobouys. So someone

does not think it was on a NE autopilot course.

Edited by laolover88

The area possibility if it flew for 4 more hours as some reports indicated. Twitter Airchive

BilWpdgCUAESbuo.jpg

Assuming it was fueled as they have told us.

Earlier reports said it had 7.5 hours of fuel which would take it to Iran. Not speculating, just sayin'.

It would have to fly at high altitude in the thinner, less dense air to be able to do so and would be seen by radar.

The theory is that with the amount of fuel it had, this is probably as far as it could fly below the radar at a lower altitude in denser air.

So technically...Mt Everest could have got in the way right ?

Hard to tell if this was aimed at my theory a few posts above but in case it is here is my reply.

Mt Everest is 29,029ft and these planes cruise at 35,000ft so that it nearly 6,000ft of air between them and the top of the mountain.

To date, every single assertion made by the US or China - AFAIK - has been denied by the Malaysians. They didnt accept the South China Sea 'wreckage' from the Chinese satellite, they dont accept the claim from Rolls Royce that the engines continued to emit signals 4 hours after the plane disappeared, and they seem intent on pushing the search further into the Indian Ocean.

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=958215

I posted a couple (of hundred ..) pages back that the Bay of Bengal is a huge body of water - compared to the Indian Ocean, it's a swimming pool. If the passengers have any hope at all, it has to lie with the theory I initially thought was the most outrageous - that they have been kidnapped and are either being ransomed or used as pawns in a larger power play. The local yokels here in Oz had a field day replaying the old 'jets into the side of the towers' footage here last night - they really cant get enough of that footage.

I floated a similar theory on a different threat a few days ago, but not as detailed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710148-missing-mh-370-stolen-austrian-passport-used-by-iranian-teenage-migrant/page-2#entry7550171

I posted my original, much simpler, theory on March 10th but I have a feeling that the weaponisation angle I might well have got from your theory on March 11th. I originally just stated that they had flown to Western China but since then have seen many theories on here and on pprune. I hope I made it clear that I have been influenced by many ideas in the "growth" of my theory. Anyway, it is all just a theory but I am getting annoyed with the increasing likelyhood of my "Die Hard"esque plots!

Some say "You couldn't write it" but I think that you can. Plots don't just appear for fiction or for reality, they have to be created. It is true to say that the difference between Tom Clancy (as an example) and a terrorist is simply the realisation of the plot. Being that this one has a number of factors outside the expected "terrorist hand-book" we ought to think a little more outside the box to solve this one. Whichever way you look at it this is VERY scary stuff right now. Just glad I'm not flying as I have a smaller theory that this might just be part of a larger puzzle, starting with the Kunming stabbing, that we haven't seen all the pieces of yet.

This may be nothing but never knew about it! What you guys think??

http://www.livefistdefence.com/2011/11/chinas-airbase-expands-on-coco-island.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Islands (Read the part of Report of a Chinese Signal)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Who are you angeldevil69? You come to TV and start to offer useful information and help people formulate concepts. Interesting (and completely outside of the norm).