Permission for holiday Sir!

You do not need permission to leave

I assume you are on an extension of stay you obtained at immigration. If this is the case then you need a re-entry permit that costs 1000 baht at immigration.

The online line application system for Bangkok immigration is not working at the moment.

If you are flying out of either Bangkok airport you can get one 24 hours a day on departure from the country.

It would be best to get her new passport while in the Philippines It may take much longer to get one from the embassy here.

There will be no problem entering Thailand with the expiration date she has now as long as her allowed stay is is not longer than it. But I don't know what the rules are for leaving the Philippines are.

• Like 1

You do not need permission to leave

I assume you are on an extension of stay you obtained at immigration. If this is the case then you need a re-entry permit that costs 1000 baht at immigration.

The online line application system for Bangkok immigration is not working at the moment. If you are flying out of either Bangkok airport you can get one 24 hours a day on departure from the country.

It would be best to get her new passport while in the Philippines It may take much longer to get one from the embassy here.

There will be no problem entering Thailand with the expiration date she has now. But I don't know what the rules are for leaving the Philippines are.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am within my first years working visa.

My wife is not working but with correct spousal visa (whatever its called)

So I stay need to pay to leave/return?

Thanks again

Do you have a valid visa from an embassy or consulate that requires you leave the country every 90 days?

Or do you have an extension of stay based upon working you obtained at immigration and are making reports to them every 90 days.

You do not have pay to leave or return if you have an extension or a visa.

If you want to keep your extension of stay valid you need a re-entry permit that costs 1000 baht.

If you wife has an extension of stay (not a visa) as your dependent she needs one also.

Do you have a valid visa from an embassy or consulate that requires you leave the country every 90 days?

Or do you have an extension of stay based upon working you obtained at immigration and are making reports to them every 90 days.

You do not have pay to leave or return if you have an extension or a visa.

If you want to keep your extension of stay valid you need a re-entry permit that costs 1000 baht.

If you wife has an extension of stay (not a visa) as your dependent she needs one also.

Yes we both Report every 90 days, we do not have to exit.

We just want a holiday...

We will go to the to the visa office a couple of days before.

There is no visa office here in Thailand. You get them at the immigration office where you applied for your extensions of stay. Or as I said you can get them at the airports in Bangkok on departure.

If you wife's extension of stay date is longer than her passport is valid she needs to get a new passport. She can get a new passport in the Philippines and use both passports to enter Thailand to show her re-entry permit in the old one. Then after her return go to immigration to have her stamps transferred to her new passport.

There is no visa office here in Thailand. You get them at the immigration office where you applied for your extensions of stay. Or as I said you can get them at the airports in Bangkok on departure.

If you wife's extension of stay date is longer than her passport is valid she needs to get a new passport. She can get a new passport in the Philippines and use both passports to enter Thailand to show her re-entry permit in the old one. Then after her return go to immigration to have her stamps transferred to her new passport.

...its just that I was told the airport facility for this had been stopped?

On my first 90 day visit they also removed my Departure white card from my passport

so I'd better go to the office and check that too.

Thank you for taking the time on this

The re-entry permit desks at the airport were reopened a few years ago. They are open 24 hours a day in Bangkok and are located just before departure immigration.

I don't understand why immigration would remove your departure card when you did a 90 day report. If you go to immigration for your re-entry permit they will want the card. At one time Bangkok immigration wanted a police report for the lost card.

If you wait until you leave you get a new one at the airline check in desk. Then just fill it out and give to immigration on departure.

White card you mean arrival/departure form (copy part of the arrival form)? That is not removed so it appears it must have been lost if you do not have it. Does your wife have hers? That will have to be replaced and believe it may need a police report as lost if you also require a re-entry permit so best to not wait until airport (for normal travel without re-entry permit it can easily be taken care of at departure however). Visit an immigration ASAP to get your re-entry permits. Your wife should only have an extension until expiration date of her passport unless there has been a mistake made.

White card you mean arrival/departure form (copy part of the arrival form)? That is not removed so it appears it must have been lost if you do not have it. Does your wife have hers? That will have to be replaced and believe it may need a police report as lost if you also require a re-entry permit so best to not wait until airport (for normal travel without re-entry permit it can easily be taken care of at departure however). Visit an immigration ASAP to get your re-entry permits. Your wife should only have an extension until expiration date of her passport unless there has been a mistake made.

Great - we had better get down to the office.

On my first 90 day report. A young girl trainee took the card from its staple on a page in my passport -

I remember it well but didn't know this was a mistake...

At my second 90 day at the temporary office they asked me where it was -

I explained as above, she just shook her head and stamped anyway.

Great - we had better get down to the office.

On my first 90 day report. A young girl trainee took the card from its staple on a page in my passport -

I remember it well but didn't know this was a mistake...

At my second 90 day at the temporary office they asked me where it was -

I explained as above, she just shook her head and stamped anyway.

My wife (Different day/staff) still has hers attached

Actually I rentered via Laos - from tourist to working visa - would that make a difference to the departure card?

Thanks

It makes no difference where you entered the country.

The immigration officer just made a mistake when they you took your card out of the passport and then failed to staple it back in your passport.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

And I should have known better...

International rules mean you have to have 6 months remaining ON your RETURN Date.

But we can Extend the old Philippine passport for 1 year (THB 700)
The extension can be done "same day"

The phone number 1111 is good friendly and good English BUT advisory ONLY

Double Check with Immigration.

Time cost (Personal) 2 full day trips and around 4 hours asking question. Online/Phone/Email.

Now I know - 1 easy day trip

ALL because of 90 day reporting!!! (Please computerize...)

THX to all who tried to help