Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

At any given time, there are thousands of planes in the skies. Unless you are told to look for something specific, or the military has tracked a suspicious aircraft from an unfriendly country, it seems quite likely that no one would pay much attention, especially if it was not in the countries air space.

No Credo....very few flights in that specific area at that specific time. And add in a missing plane and they take a nap for 11 days??? Also...how many do a u-turn with no transponder turned on?/

And they find this normal??

What a joke the Thai boys are.

Have you actually seen radar used, when an airplane has it's transponder on the data is superimposed on top of the "radar blip" making it highly visible to the operator, unless there was very little traffic it is probable the operator never saw it especially as it was outside their control area, also as it is just a blip unless the operator was specifically tracking that flight they would not have noticed it turn.

What I would like to know is it common to have a plane on radar without it's transponder on, and if so why?

I flew into Darwin once with no radios no Transponder nothing on.....they all worked fine but I had been in the bush to long and was sheit scared of controlled airspace so I told them by phone that all was broken.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Files deleted on the 3rd of March [a few days before the flight] from the pilot's private simulator. As I suspected from day one. He is as guilty as sin itself.

Maybe you should offer your services to the worlds intelligence agencies who are currently trying to solve this mystery. Seems the Mystery has already been solved by you.

There was no activity on his home simulator that was suspicious was there?

Data deleted from Malaysian pilot's flight simulator

Kuala Lumpur - Data was deleted from a flight simulator belonging to the pilot of the missing Malaysian passenger jet, Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said.

"Some data has been deleted from the simulator and forensic work to retrieve that data is ongoing," he said during a press conference.

The flight simulator was seized during a search of the pilot’s home.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-19

A different point of view...

A lot of speculation about MH370. Terrorism, hijack, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN - almost disturbing. I tend to look for a more simple explanation of this event.

Loaded 777 departs midnight from Kuala to Beijing. Hot night. Heavy aircraft. About an hour out across the gulf towards Vietnam the plane goes dark meaning the transponder goes off and secondary radar tracking goes off.

Surely this is disgusting behaviour by the Malaysian authorities?bah.gif

And now they have set up a line of police in the lobby of the hotel where all the international journalists are living to separate them from the Chinese relatives to stop them from talking to the media.blink.png

So are they going to follow them if they clandestinely agreed to meet in a restaurant later on? Totally bizarre

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-chinese-relatives-manhandled-removed-press-conference-1440903

NIce home built simulator for $20 000. I want one. Skip the checks to 6mins 30. If I buy one, then have a crash at a later date will it automatically be assumed I am an international terrorist for having one? There are many people out there who go as far as building home sims. I have also like many many of my friends, 'visited' various airports I have never been to before a flight to explore procedures courtesy of Microsoft.

And now they have set up a line of police in the lobby of the hotel where all the international journalists are living to separate them from the Chinese relatives to stop them from talking to the media.blink.png

So are they going to follow them if they clandestinely agreed to meet in a restaurant later on? Totally bizarre

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-chinese-relatives-manhandled-removed-press-conference-1440903

Got to love Kay Burley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIjc0bJ80tA

At any given time, there are thousands of planes in the skies. Unless you are told to look for something specific, or the military has tracked a suspicious aircraft from an unfriendly country, it seems quite likely that no one would pay much attention, especially if it was not in the countries air space.

No Credo....very few flights in that specific area at that specific time. And add in a missing plane and they take a nap for 11 days??? Also...how many do a u-turn with no transponder turned on?/

And they find this normal??

What a joke the Thai boys are.

Have you actually seen radar used, when an airplane has it's transponder on the data is superimposed on top of the "radar blip" making it highly visible to the operator, unless there was very little traffic it is probable the operator never saw it especially as it was outside their control area, also as it is just a blip unless the operator was specifically tracking that flight they would not have noticed it turn.

What I would like to know is it common to have a plane on radar without it's transponder on, and if so why?

I have been in an ATC.

Turning of a transponder should have alerted the radar operator that something was amiss. Radar shows not a lot....but the transponder shows direction, height and speed.

Got to love Kay Burley

Now that is what you call a tenacious journalist laugh.png

but isn't it astonishing? Sir can you tell me what is happening….. “ I don't know. I'm tired “ unbelievableblink.png

surely this kind of behaviour by the authorities will just raise the level of scepticism and suspicion even higher now?

Files deleted on the 3rd of March [a few days before the flight] from the pilot's private simulator. As I suspected from day one. He is as guilty as sin itself.

February not march and it was the cache....do you ever clear your browser cache. Especially if you have ssd drives with limited space it helps to keep things faster.

Edited by harrry

I would have thought that the Malaysian government is getting pressed by the Chinese government to keep its citizen away from the media. We all know how China feels about their subjects communicating with western media.

Deleted 6 weeks ago according to what I read.

I take it you have never cleared files from your pc to free up drive space?

Unless he used a file shredder or something they are easily recoverable. And even then if they send it to the NSA they can probably get everything.

Oh, and Kay Burley is a poison dwarf, no wonder people can't be arsed talking to her, half the time she just shouts people down without even bothering to listen to what they have to say.

And she's as thick as poo.

I expect Sky sent her halfway round the world to get a bit of peace and quiet away from the bossy cow. Here's Chris Bryant putting her in her place. Hopefully some Malaysian will give her a cuff round the ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYalpZhG_8

Edited by Chicog

As posted by Khaibah(#2197),

‘’Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said during the news conference that they had received more radar data, but that they were not permitted to reveal other countries' information’’(skynews).

So who are the other countries that they're withholding key radar data information on? Is it Indonesia, Myanmar, India, Pakistan or Australia?

At a guess, since Australia is involved in a very costly extensive search in the Southern Ocean, quiet possible its ‘Indonesia and Australia’.

Edited by MK1

I would have thought that the Malaysian government is getting pressed by the Chinese government to keep its citizen away from the media. We all know how China feels about their subjects communicating with western media.

Yeah but you think the Captain is 'as guilty as sin', because he has a flight simulator in his house and he dared to empty his cache 6 weeks ago..

Why do you think this is from the Chinese government rather than just a badly briefed and badly trained bunch of security guards and policemen at the hotel. How do China keep it's citizens away from Western Media in Europe or the USA or Australia? You are failing 'Private Investigation' phase 1 here in that you are avoiding, embellishing or distorting facts. The simulator memory was cleared a long time ago, not 3 days before the event.

The woman in question may be Chinese but I doubt her Government are trying to stop her finding out where her son/daughter/husband/relative is, I think they would like to know themselves. I think the relatives have all been a little restrained under the circumstances, if she has been dragged across the floor and locked in a room for holding a banner and sobbing her heart out, I would definitly be in a Malaysian jail by now.

Yeah but you think the Captain is 'as guilty as sin', because he has a flight simulator in his house and he dared to empty his cache 6 weeks ago..

Why do you think this is from the Chinese government rather than just a badly briefed and badly trained bunch of security guards and policemen at the hotel. How do China keep it's citizens away from Western Media in Europe or the USA or Australia? You are failing 'Private Investigation' phase 1 here in that you are avoiding, embellishing or distorting facts. The simulator memory was cleared a long time ago, not 3 days before the event.

giggle.gif

Edited by coma

Got to love Kay Burley

but isn't it astonishing? Sir can you tell me what is happening….. “ I don't know. I'm tired “ unbelievableblink.png

surely this kind of behaviour by the authorities will just raise the level of scepticism and suspicion even higher now?

how do you explain to the bereaved theyre looking for a needle in a trillion haystacks , looking for a few cushions in 10 million sq miles of ocean is impossible to explain

Got to love Kay Burley

how do you explain to the bereaved theyre looking for a needle in a trillion haystacks , looking for a few cushions in 10 million sq miles of ocean is impossible to explain

True. But an MP/Minister who called for silence from the journo's and started that process of explanation with a hug and some hand holding for the bereaved mother would get my vote for a long time.

A interesting take...

For all of the wild speculation surrounding the fate of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, one pilot’s theory about the missing airliner has gone viral for a different reason: it - at least on its face - seems to make a lot of sense.
Aviation blogger Chris Goodfellow has flown commercial aircraft for 20 years, and posted the take on his Google+ page.

^ Just the favourite theory du jour, he doesn't explain why almost every other plane with a fire sufficient to incapacitate the crew and the communications and control systems has crashed fairly quickly. In some cases, extremely quickly (e.g. Concorde).

Got to love Kay Burley

Well, if you want to appear compassionate, you certainly don't carry them and dump them in a room like that!blink.png

^ Just the favourite theory du jour, he doesn't explain why almost every other plane with a fire sufficient to incapacitate the crew and the communications and control systems has crashed fairly quickly. In some cases, extremely quickly (e.g. Concorde).

Also doesn't explain why it hasn't been found.

OK. Investigators aren't expected to tell us everything they know or suspect, including what leads they are following.

I'm convinced this wasn't an accident because there would be too much to explain about the sequence of events if we're "finally" being told anything near the truth. (Such as did the plane turn, when did it turn, how long did it fly....)

Based on what we are being told, the plane disappeared in what is a "black hole" between Malaysia and 'Nam. Just before it would have taken a hand-off to 'Nam, it shut off it's communications. Then it continued flying (so they tell us) for several hours.

It seems to me that if it did make a turn at that very point and keep flying while deliberately turning off all communication (and yes it would have to be deliberate if it could keep flying) that it might be on the ground somewhere.

We really don't know much. I wonder if we ever will.

This has happened before and what if?

http://news.yahoo.com/missing-malaysia-plane-never-found-182603607--finance.html

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — The plane must be somewhere. But the same can be said for Amelia Earhart's.

Ten days after Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 disappeared with 239 people aboard, an exhaustive international search has produced no sign of the Boeing 777, raising an unsettling question: What if the airplane is never found?

There is also an ongoing fascination with the Bermuda Triangle, where several ships and planes disappeared, including a squadron of five torpedo bombers in 1945. Studies have indicated the area is no more dangerous than any other stretch of ocean.

I think that shadowing another plane would be difficult. It would have to be very, very well planned. With communication cut off, how would they find the other plane to shadow it?

Hi,

The shadowing part would be relatively easy using the onboard automation. I agree regarding the planning, it would have to be very well planned.

Regarding how to find the other aircraft, on occasion you will hear the controller ask aircraft for an expected time of arrival (ETA) over a specific waypoint, often the boundary between countries. A pilot in another aircraft could then enter that waypoint into the flight management computer of his aircraft and enter the same time to be at that waypoint. You can even enter the time to within seconds, not just to the minute. Another technique, however very very unlikely would be to target the other aircraft using the weather radar by adjusting the tilt function.

My thoughts are still to the aircraft heading south until fuel exhaustion.

I don't know what happened.

In the very first thread when this missing plane was first announced, I very quickly said something like "As an American having lived through 9/11, this makes me very suspicious." I was immediately laughed down. The post that laughed me down received lots of likes and became "popular."

I haven't changed my mind. IF any of what we have been told at times is true such as the plane turning just before 'Nam and turning off it's contact electronics, and having 7.5 hours of fuel on board is true, then a very experienced and determined pilot could have that plane on the ground in a country such as Somalia, Iran, Pakistan....

We just don't know what happened, or why.