Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Okay, I see they may have found a signal possibly emitted from 370 back box since I posted the above insurance company payout tactics and settlement values.

I hope they are able to retrieve the box and provide some closure for the families.

I wake up and check here for the latest news on 370 as it is much quicker than waiting on news channel loop. You guys generally provide a good summary of latest overnight developments.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like Boeing? smile.png

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I said independent authority chic.

ie; somebody with nothing to lose or gain.

We need a very high quality referee in this game.

thumbsup.gif

"We need a very high quality referee in this game".

Where do we find that type of people on this planet?

Maybe we have to do with a pseudo high quality referee!

tongue.png

It will be okay. NTSB and other country authorities will do their jobs. It's a plane crash. This is why MAS and Boeing have insurance. This is not some nutty matter of national security or Roswell UFO like conspiracy cover up.

But Boeing and the NTSB are in bed together, so the Malaysians will not necessarily want to hear the truth. The UK has no dog in this fight.

<

Only an idiot believes that phone up the bum tosh.

That reminds me, where is David. I have missed him since his claims that he saw F16's in Vietnam in 1966. I am a little worried he is still sat on the banks of the River Ping throwing Mangosteens in to see what happens to them after a month in the water.

xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png

It will be okay. NTSB and other country authorities will do their jobs. It's a plane crash. This is why MAS and Boeing have insurance. This is not some nutty matter of national security or Roswell UFO like conspiracy cover up.

You mean like when the NTSB had all data recovery and accident investigation rights taken off them at 9/11. I don't remember them being allowed to do their jobs then. Those well known ( rolleyes.gif ) experts in aviation data recovery and rebuilding of events leading to an aircraft crash, the FBI decided to do that job. The only time you could expect the USA to conduct an impartial investigation is when the result suits their requirements.

Just reported on BBC that a Chinese survey ship just heard a ping.

Maybe it was one of the spare ones unaccounted for from the satellite.

It is very handy that the Chinese may have found a black box in all that ocean with only 48 hours of transmission time left. What a timely find ! whistling.gif Maybe lying next to the box on the ocean floor they will find a handbag with somebodies passport in, a briefcase containing a suicide note from the Captain and who knows maybe even the phone belonging to the guy who was supposed to be on DG. Nothing else will be found no doubt.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: 'pulse signal' reportedly detected

Not established as being related to passenger plane

China's Xinhua News Agency says a Chinese ship searching for the missing Malaysia Airlines has detected a "pulse" signal.

China's official news agency says a Chinese ship that is part of the multinational search effort looking for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane has detected a "pulse signal" in southern Indian Ocean waters.

The report says a black box detector deployed by the vessel, Haixun 01, picked up a signal at 37.5Hz per second Saturday at around 25 degrees south latitude and 101 degrees east longitude.

37.5 kHz per second is the international standard frequency for the underwater locator beacon on a plane's "black box."

The report said it was not established whether that the signal was related to the missing jet.

The Australian government agency co-ordinating the search would not immediately comment on the report.

More here - Source CBC

It is very handy that the Chinese may have found a black box in all that ocean with only 48 hours of transmission time left. What a timely find ! whistling.gif Maybe lying next to the box on the ocean floor they will find a handbag with somebodies passport in, a briefcase containing a suicide note from the Captain and who knows maybe even the phone belonging to the guy who was supposed to be on DG. Nothing else will be found no doubt.

It's not like they just started looking, is it?

<

Only an idiot believes that phone up the bum tosh.

That reminds me, where is David. I have missed him since his claims that he saw F16's in Vietnam in 1966. I am a little worried he is still sat on the banks of the River Ping throwing Mangosteens in to see what happens to them after a month in the water.

xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png

You mean like when the NTSB had all data recovery and accident investigation rights taken off them at 9/11. I don't remember them being allowed to do their jobs then. Those well known ( rolleyes.gif ) experts in aviation data recovery and rebuilding of events leading to an aircraft crash, the FBI decided to do that job. The only time you could expect the USA to conduct an impartial investigation is when the result suits their requirements.

Oh my, haha . . . Now I see the disconnect. Wow.

It's not like they just started looking, is it?

Yeah, not sure why they would plant evidence now instead of next week, next month or last week. Some are going to think conspiracy, cover up, plant evidence no matter what . . . I suppose like those that think the video and eye witness accounts of planes flying into buildings on 911 was contrived.

Edited by F430murci

it was only 1 short ping of 1.5 mins ,whereas there should be a ping from both boxes ,2 pings continuous

The ship first detected a signal Friday but couldn't record it because the signal stopped abruptly, a Shanghai-based Communist Party newspaper said. The signal detected Saturday, the Jiefang Daily said, occurred at 3:57 p.m. Beijing time (3:57 a.m. ET) and lasted about a minute and a half. It was not clear whether the signal had anything to do with the missing plane

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/05/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

so are they hearing things ? boat engine noises ??

it was only 1 short ping of 1.5 mins ,whereas there should be a ping from both boxes ,2 pings continuous

The ship first detected a signal Friday but couldn't record it because the signal stopped abruptly, a Shanghai-based Communist Party newspaper said. The signal detected Saturday, the Jiefang Daily said, occurred at 3:57 p.m. Beijing time (3:57 a.m. ET) and lasted about a minute and a half. It was not clear whether the signal had anything to do with the missing plane

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/05/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

so are they hearing things ? boat engine noises ??

Not sure I'd call 1 short ping of 1.5 min. Every second for 1.5 min seems a bit more significant than that. I can not find a video demo of a pinger underwater, but some tv report somewhere had a demo and 1 second pulses seems a little slow from what I recall but would be nice to find a demo.

Though the article does point out that there should be two sets of signals. However, maybe one battery was weaker and the signal is not as strong.

A China Central Television correspondent aboard the Haixun-01 (pronounced "high shuen") reported that the 37.5 kHz signal was detected every second for a minute and a half.

One second pulses seems to be the right interval, though this article seems confused whether it is a second or about a second.

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2014/03/flight-370-what-exactly-is-a-black-box/

Unofficially known as pingers, this small device sends out a steady ping, about one ping per second, which helps to locate a lost aircraft. One pinger is attached to the CVR, while another is attached to the FDR.

Once the pinger comes in contact with water, it emits an ultrasonic pulse of 37.5 kHz at an interval of once per second – which is inaudible to the human ear. Locating the pingers for Flight 370 also forms a major part of the search, as the pingers only have a battery life of about 30 days – after which it is lost forever.

This one clearer that the typical signal is 1 pulse per second.

http://www.therakyatpost.com/news/2014/03/26/pinpointing-the-black-box-underwater/

Although most pingers transmit a repetitive 37.5kHz pulse at one second intervals, the TPL can detect any pinger transmitting at a frequency of between 3.5kHz and 50kHz at any repetitive rate.

I was going to post that the chances of finding the plane are slim, but the Titanic was found.

Is Malaysia footing the entire bill for the search?

They knew almost exactly where to look for the Titanic. There were survivors. Another ship arrived at the point of the sinking to pick them up. The Titanic was in a shipping lane. There wasn't any GPS or satellite surveillance to provide precision, but no mystery (beyond some fairly abstract structural details) about what happened. The two events are not really comparable in terms of the search effort required. And that's assuming the aircraft really is down there west of Australia somewhere, which I think more & more people are going to stop accepting on faith if something's not found.

Jump in and beat me up if I'm wrong, but the impresson I've had is that the Malaysian government, after about the first week or so, decided they just wanted the whole thing to go away and is now pretty much in lip-service mode with not much enthusiasm for a painstaking ongoing investigation or search. 'Reminds me of a certain national police occasionally discussed here on TV...

For the lawyers, what does it take for survivors in a situation like this to be able to collect insurance proceeds and file claims?

Titanic was also a couple of huge chunks of metal semi intact. Flight 370 is perhaps a bunch of very small pieces very spread out, even more so than 447, as a controlled ditch with a largely intact plane remaining seems unlikely.

I addressed liability and insurance coverage here a few threads back.

Early in process or at this time, insurance company fir MAS and airline will try and will successfully pay some very nominal settlements that are less than the cost of defense for those claims.

Once litigation is filed and begins to move forward, insurance company will file a declaratory judgment action if no plane is found. While I have not reviewed the MAS policy at issue, I have reviewed other aircraft hull and airline policies issued by Lloyds and AIG, Insurance companies know how to draft policy language to address losses such as these. Insurance companies (hull, primary and reinsurers) will argue no evidence of a covered event, that this was a non covered act of terrorism and that no one can present evidence to the contrary.

A lawsuit against Boeing will also be exceedingly difficult for same reasons.

I would blame air port security if representing insurance companies in dec action or representing Boeing. Absent evidence to contrary, insurance company and Boeing may circumvent liability.

MAS will still be on the hook as would air port security if MAS asserted security negligence.

Obtaining jurisdiction in the US where payouts for air disasters are generally larger may be a difficult proposition. I believe precedent in China and SE Asia compensation for air disasters may reflect very small payments. Accordingly, I would expect the trend of very small payouts for air disaster claims in this region to continue here particularly without evidence as to what happened or why it happened.

So adding a couple of fake passengers mitigates the insurer's liability,handy

Gimme a break. The NTSB investigates to find the cause of crashes. The FBI investigates crimes to find who dunnit, and with the CIA traced it to Bin Laden and others.

How it happened was the easy part. Seal Team 6 finished it.

Impartial? Don't mess with the US or it will hunt you down to the ends of the earth no matter were it is or how long it takes. And it won't be the NTSB.

I was going to post that the chances of finding the plane are slim, but the Titanic was found.

Is Malaysia footing the entire bill for the search?

They knew almost exactly where to look for the Titanic. There were survivors. Another ship arrived at the point of the sinking to pick them up. The Titanic was in a shipping lane. There wasn't any GPS or satellite surveillance to provide precision, but no mystery (beyond some fairly abstract structural details) about what happened. The two events are not really comparable in terms of the search effort required. And that's assuming the aircraft really is down there west of Australia somewhere, which I think more & more people are going to stop accepting on faith if something's not found.

Jump in and beat me up if I'm wrong, but the impresson I've had is that the Malaysian government, after about the first week or so, decided they just wanted the whole thing to go away and is now pretty much in lip-service mode with not much enthusiasm for a painstaking ongoing investigation or search. 'Reminds me of a certain national police occasionally discussed here on TV...

For the lawyers, what does it take for survivors in a situation like this to be able to collect insurance proceeds and file claims?

Titanic was also a couple of huge chunks of metal semi intact. Flight 370 is perhaps a bunch of very small pieces very spread out, even more so than 447, as a controlled ditch with a largely intact plane remaining seems unlikely.

I addressed liability and insurance coverage here a few threads back.

Early in process or at this time, insurance company fir MAS and airline will try and will successfully pay some very nominal settlements that are less than the cost of defense for those claims.

Once litigation is filed and begins to move forward, insurance company will file a declaratory judgment action if no plane is found. While I have not reviewed the MAS policy at issue, I have reviewed other aircraft hull and airline policies issued by Lloyds and AIG, Insurance companies know how to draft policy language to address losses such as these. Insurance companies (hull, primary and reinsurers) will argue no evidence of a covered event, that this was a non covered act of terrorism and that no one can present evidence to the contrary.

A lawsuit against Boeing will also be exceedingly difficult for same reasons.

I would blame air port security if representing insurance companies in dec action or representing Boeing. Absent evidence to contrary, insurance company and Boeing may circumvent liability.

MAS will still be on the hook as would air port security if MAS asserted security negligence.

Obtaining jurisdiction in the US where payouts for air disasters are generally larger may be a difficult proposition. I believe precedent in China and SE Asia compensation for air disasters may reflect very small payments. Accordingly, I would expect the trend of very small payouts for air disaster claims in this region to continue here particularly without evidence as to what happened or why it happened.

So adding a couple of fake passengers mitigates the insurer's liability,handy

Definitely supports insurance company's argument, but this fake passport stuff did not come from insurance company. They would also have same argument without the fake passport stuff. Have to look at policy, definition if covered loss and who has burden of establishing covered loss. This one also has a lot to do with whetherUS tort lawyers can find a way to keep it in US courts. Otherwise, claimants notice my to get much whether coverage or not coverage.

It's only a matter of days now according to BBC , they are pretty sure they will find the black box now.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gimme a break. The NTSB investigates to find the cause of crashes. The FBI investigates crimes to find who dunnit, and with the CIA traced it to Bin Laden and others.

Impartial? Don't mess with the US or it will hunt you down to the ends of the earth no matter were it is or how long it takes. And it won't be the NTSB.

Yep, and God, man or somebody created drones just for this purpose. FlJCK with the bull, have fun waiting for the horns because they are coming to get you. You just won't hear it comin. Must be nice living in a constant state if worry about whether a drone is making a friendly pass over your friendly neighborhood terrorist squatter.

It's only a matter of days now according to BBC , they are pretty sure they will find the black box now.

One can only hope something happens one way or another so these poor families can move forward with their lives or the grieving process.

The NTSB basically answers to Boeing, it is not the right team for the job.

And please take your ridiculous jingoism elsewhere, it does not belong here.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep, and God, man or somebody created drones just for this purpose. FlJCK with the bull, have fun waiting for the horns because they are coming to get you. You just won't hear it comin. Must be nice living in a constant state if worry about whether a drone is making a friendly pass over your friendly neighborhood terrorist squatter.

Armchair Warriors. God bless em.

Any link to that.

They are talking about the depths there being 14000 ft? Matter or days? It could still be years off.

Yeah, not sure why they would plant evidence now instead of next week, next month or last week. Some are going to think conspiracy, cover up, plant evidence no matter what . . . I suppose like those that think the video and eye witness accounts of planes flying into buildings on 911 was contrived.

If it be a fake, the timing makes a lot of sense.

The longer one waits, the more consistent the remains can be with the theory of loss at sea as opposed to hijacking to Diego Garcia or shooting down over China. On the other hand, if one wants the remains found quickly (e.g. to avoid renewed searching elsewhere finding evidence of the true events), time is running out for using the pings from the flight recorder or the cockpit voice recorder. Mountainous terrain might also be a good explanation of why so much of the wreckage is missing, or possibly in the wrong place.

There may even be an air safety reason for faking the remains! While it is suspected that the airliner has been successfully hijacked for future use in terrorism, errant Boeing 777s are a bit more likely to be shot down.

The NTSB basically answers to Boeing, it is not the right team for the job.

And please take your ridiculous jingoism elsewhere, it does not belong here.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what belongs here? Incessant whining about the state of the world and how the US has wronged you or everyone else? Ridiculous theories that Boeing or an airline having the NTSB in their pocket and won't search for the truth? Delusions of US hidding plane in Diego Garcia? Chinese depositing crashed aircraft parts in the ocean? Knowing plane is in Pakistan because a dude with an iPhone up his butt told us? 911 conspiracies? US nabbing plane for gold? . . . And you take this seriously enough to get bent about some goof ball, sarcastic comments made in jest?

So what belongs on a forum? Levity, discussion, sharing thoughts no matter how stupid or out of touch and sometimes, but not very often, a good idea or an update on a current event. Not like this is an official proceeding or we are actually solving any of the world's problems.