Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

You start drinking quite early, don't you?

smile.png

Are you still sticking to pilot suicide and S Indian Ocean chicog?

What has jolted my thought process is the point made by another poster about depressurisation and then a 6 hour flight to immortality.

It seems your thoughts are easily jolted. So the depressuration turned off the transponder and ACARS did it?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"An Adelaide-based exploration company believes it may have located the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, 5000km away from where authorities have been looking.

The company, GeoResonance, says its research has identified elements on the ocean floor consistent with material from a plane."

This is an interesting story about a serious scientific effort to find the plane -- but as yet no response from the Australians or Malaysians.

Full story is at : https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/23036893/exploration-company-believes-it-may-have-found-mh370/

Or it could be just a really good way of getting free publicity for your company.

Maybe that's why the Aussies have not replied. Otherwise you'd think that was a strange response, no?

New technology of towed side-sonar search to be deployed in four weeks

(Xinhua) 19:48, April 28, 2014

CANBERRA, April 28 -- The new technology of towed side- sonar device will be deployed in four weeks, Angus Houston, chief coordinator of the Joint Agency Coordination Center (JACC) for the search of Malaysian Airline flight MH370, said here Monday.

At a press conference held in the Chinese Embassy in Australia, Houston said the towed side-sonar search would be conducted by possible private underwater search and recovery companies.

The device will work just above ocean floor, exactly as the Bluefin-21 Autonomous Underwater Vehicle does, to get maximum value from side-looking sonar.

"It had a wide cut than Bluefin. It travels along at quite a slow pace of about 4 to 6 knots. So it doesn't go very fast, but it's in the water all the time, providing a live image of the ocean floor all the time."

The only time it won't be able to do is when it turns the whole system around. It takes the device half a day to turn and change direction.

As was the case with visual search both by air and at sea, anything underwater will be de-conflicted so that there will be no conflict between one system or another.

"They will be coordinated so they will be separated," he said.

"In terms of how the ocean floor is covered, it will coordinate to do it in the most efficient and effective manner."

Houston said it's important to keep the continuity and momentum when the search has entered the new phase, during which four vessels from China, Malaysia and Australia will be involved and an Australian P-3 C Orion aircraft will be put in standby in timely response to any sighting by commercial or fishing vessels of possible debris.

smile.png

What has jolted my thought process is the point made by another poster about depressurisation and then a 6 hour flight to immortality.

It seems your thoughts are easily jolted. So the depressuration turned off the transponder and ACARS did it?

Pardon?

You've lost me.

"An Adelaide-based exploration company believes it may have located the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, 5000km away from where authorities have been looking.

The company, GeoResonance, says its research has identified elements on the ocean floor consistent with material from a plane."

This is an interesting story about a serious scientific effort to find the plane -- but as yet no response from the Australians or Malaysians.

Full story is at : https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/23036893/exploration-company-believes-it-may-have-found-mh370/

Or it could be just a really good way of getting free publicity for your company.

Maybe that's why the Aussies have not replied. Otherwise you'd think that was a strange response, no?

Strange response - yes ! You would think that the Aussies would say something, if there was no credibility to the report. ---- or they would quietly send US Navy or Royal Navy to have quiet 'look see' before saying anything. Maybe that's where HMS Tireless went.

I would not expect any fuss made over it. It could be rather embarrassing to all concerned if it were to be MH370. A quiet discounting would be issued out of respect for it being a well known Aussie company, albeit one that uses a great deal of Russian/Soviet science ...or a great deal of 'crow' would be consumed if verified.

I keep wondering where the US is in all of this. They have deployed a few assets, and loaned some, but where are the hoards of ships and planes including submarine destroyers that can look down with precision? Why aren't they blanketing that ocean instead of letting smaller countries hunt for the plane in small areas?

Do US satellites have any data? Why is the US so silent in this?

I keep wondering if they know where it is and are working a whole different angle.

Who knows?

As for MAS Frowning Downing Drowning,

To be fair they'll probably be helped by Beijing,Boeing and the Oz taxpayer for most of the search but their shareholders after the recent return to KL with tyre problem are also in a fix.

I am not convinced MAS were part of any global conspircay just ther crisis management and media skills brings questions about competence.This is a worrying area when choosing a carrier TG may be idle overpriced etc but have the sense to cover up most problems

MAS have just announced cancellation of their Kuala Lumpur - Los Angeles service effective April 30, due to "lack of economic viability". This service was via B777 and or course they are short one, and obviously did not want to buy'/ease another in the midst of continuing losses and declining revenues.

Well there's a surprise.

Malaysians are listening to Dr M ( biggrin.png ) and foreigners are saying no way do I want to fly MAS if there is another option.

smile.png

MAS are up the creek.

I keep wondering where the US is in all of this. They have deployed a few assets, and loaned some, but where are the hoards of ships and planes including submarine destroyers that can look down with precision? Why aren't they blanketing that ocean instead of letting smaller countries hunt for the plane in small areas?

I keep wondering if they know where it is and are working a whole different angle.

Who knows?

Indeed.

My guess. They may have knowledge, but they are not culpable.

If it's simple suicide, no reason for the US to hide any knowledge they have.

If it's terrorism, or something else, maybe they have knowledge and are keeping silent.

Search team led by the Aussies is working on a focussed area.

Responsibility for finding the plane does not rest with the US.

No need to get involved unless asked.

Strange response - yes ! You would think that the Aussies would say something, if there was no credibility to the report. ---- or they would quietly send US Navy or Royal Navy to have quiet 'look see' before saying anything. Maybe that's where HMS Tireless went.

I would not expect any fuss made over it. It could be rather embarrassing to all concerned if it were to be MH370. A quiet discounting would be issued out of respect for it being a well known Aussie company, albeit one that uses a great deal of Russian/Soviet science ...or a great deal of 'crow' would be consumed if verified.

Seems to me, everybody, including the Aussie searchers would be pleased to get a result.

I don't think loss of face would come into it.

PR exercise for GeoResonance possible.

If it IS MH370, then GeoResonance get max publicity.

Heroes.

smile.png

smile.png

I am suggesting vindictive mass murder followed by suicide.

You are entitled to your opinion chicog.

I would call it unbelievably callous and inhumane to fly for 6 hours with a plane full of victims, as was suggested by a previous poster.

Leading me to believe that motive was murder. Followed by suicide and immortality.

Who knows?

They are probably the ones that shot it down, so no plane no trails.

I wouldn't get too excited about the Georesonance claims.

I admit that I haven't been able to get the video to play but....

They seem to have forgotten that according to all the experts, the plane would have been smashed into thousands of pieces on contact with the water's surface.

Their "images" even claim to show the engines in their locations.... I thought that even the most optimistic believers in a water ditching theory acknowledged that the engines would have been ripped of....

I'd call it psychopathic, but if he wanted to make the publicity why hide his actions?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The ultimate NO Suicide note scenario. Immortal publicity, because if I dump it where no one ever finds it will be remembered forever.

For the deranged individual it would add gravitas to his act of murder.

" I justifiably killed these people, and the whole world is wondering where I am."

Ultimate martyrdom may be a better way of putting it. Or ultimate torture for the bereaved.

No doubt forensic psychiatrists are involved in this mystery. I haven't seen much on it though.

Edited by P45Mustang

Well Abbott gave a lengthy update this morning and took questions. Essentially said:

(1) Little chance of finding floating debris now.

(2) They are baffled and frustrated at not finding wreckage yet.

(3) The RR engine data and the Black Box pings are the most credible data from which they are working.

(4) They've spent AU$60m on the search so far and expect other nations to chip in when asked.

The most telling thing was that the producers on Sky and the BBC decided it wasn't worth showing more than a few minutes. I actually had to switch to CNBC to see more than that, and even they cut away after a few questions.

It's fairly obvious that it's not going to be a major news story again until they find something.

Sorry that I missed Abbott's update, even though I take politicians statements with a grain of salt, I am confused about the reference to "RR engine data" - did I miss something ? I thought that the last engine data was received while MH370 was still over the South China Sea. Do you have a link ?

My understanding was that the pings via Inmarsat were what gave the likely final resting place of the aircraft as the engine data was sent back to Rolls Royce, so not in the South China Sea, but southern Indian Ocean. I may be wrong, and I can't give you a link, sorry.

Question

Fly records for Aircraft will have Engine data records correct?

Has anyone checked to see if Pings via Inmarsat to RR are data linked to actual equiptment (Engines) that were powering MHA370? I am sure that every data signal included Engine/Aircraft signature imbedded in its code. Or verify pings actually came from Engines powering MHA370, not another aircraft?

And if Aircraft is not in search area, and is powered up will it not begin to transmit again? Even if Registration/Id/serial Numbers have been changed would it be impossible to alter Information sent to RR without causing some sort of danger to Engines??

Just questions guys.... I think RR sould be searching data receive from all their Data files to see or search for any transparency here. See if Engines are still alive and breathing.... Or in future red tag them to see if there is Life after Death.....

Edited by davidstipek

Who knows?

coffee1.gif

I wouldn't get too excited about the Georesonance claims.

I admit that I haven't been able to get the video to play but....

They seem to have forgotten that according to all the experts, the plane would have been smashed into thousands of pieces on contact with the water's surface.

Their "images" even claim to show the engines in their locations.... I thought that even the most optimistic believers in a water ditching theory acknowledged that the engines would have been ripped of....

Better check it out then because we won't know til it's found.

Well Abbott gave a lengthy update this morning and took questions. Essentially said:

(1) Little chance of finding floating debris now.

(2) They are baffled and frustrated at not finding wreckage yet.

(3) The RR engine data and the Black Box pings are the most credible data from which they are working.

(4) They've spent AU$60m on the search so far and expect other nations to chip in when asked.

The most telling thing was that the producers on Sky and the BBC decided it wasn't worth showing more than a few minutes. I actually had to switch to CNBC to see more than that, and even they cut away after a few questions.

It's fairly obvious that it's not going to be a major news story again until they find something.

Sorry that I missed Abbott's update, even though I take politicians statements with a grain of salt, I am confused about the reference to "RR engine data" - did I miss something ? I thought that the last engine data was received while MH370 was still over the South China Sea. Do you have a link ?

My understanding was that the pings via Inmarsat were what gave the likely final resting place of the aircraft as the engine data was sent back to Rolls Royce, so not in the South China Sea, but southern Indian Ocean. I may be wrong, and I can't give you a link, sorry.

Question

Fly records for Aircraft will have Engine data records correct?

Has anyone checked to see if Pings via Inmarsat to RR are data linked to actual equiptment (Engines) that were powering MHA370? I am sure that every data signal included Engine/Aircraft signature imbedded in its code. Or verify pings actually came from Engines powering MHA370, not another aircraft?

And if Aircraft is not in search area, and is powered up will it not begin to transmit again? Even if Registration/Id/serial Numbers have been changed would it be impossible to alter Information sent to RR without causing some sort of danger to Engines??

Just questions guys.... I think RR sould be searching data receive from all their Data files to see or search for any transparency here. See if Engines are still alive and breathing.... Or in future red tag them to see if there is Life after Death.....

I am sure RR are on the case and are providing complete cooperation for the retrieval of the equipment.

Who knows?

coffee1.gif

Let me guess.....................you're an American ?

British.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/a/23036893/exploration-company-believes-it-may-have-found-mh370/

Why has this been kind hushed... This is the first I read from AU News Channel 7 website...

Anyone know where this site is? Being 5000kms from where they are now searching???

It hasn't been hushed.

It's bang up to date (April 28) and tigermonkey posted it earlier.

We are all waiting for official response from the authorities.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/11/18/2013-27343/special-conditions-boeing-model-777-200--300-and--300er-series-airplanes-aircraft-electronic-system

Guys seems the 777 did have fly-by-wire software imbedded into it's mainframe. This includes not only taking control of Aircraft but also taking complete control of ALL Operating systems.. QUOTE:

Novel or Unusual Design Features

The Boeing Model 777-200, -300, -300ER series airplanes will incorporate the following novel or unusual design features: An onboard computer network system, and a network extension device. The network extension device will improve domain separation between the airplane information services domain and the aircraft control domain. The proposed architecture and network configuration may be used for, or interfaced with, a diverse set of functions, including:

1. Flight-safety related control and navigation systems,

2. Operator business and administrative support (operator information services),

3. Passenger information systems, and,

4. Access by systems internal to the airplane.

Further the regulation states...

Background

On August 21, 2012, The Boeing Company applied for a change to Type Certificate No. T00001SE Rev. 30 dated June 6, 2012 for installation of an onboard network system, associated line replaceable units (LRUs) and additional software functionality in the Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER Series Airplanes. The Boeing Model 777-200 airplanes are long-range, wide-body, twin-engine jet airplanes with a maximum capacity of 440 passengers. The Boeing Model 777-300 and 777-300ER series airplanes have a maximum capacity of 550 passengers. The Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER series airplanes have fly-by-wire controls, software-configurable avionics, and fiber-optic avionics networks.

This I had known before and was the subject to riddicule... I just want to stick a Donut (stale one at that) in the mouths of those who are trying to pressure everyone who is stating an Idea as its Owner is Stupid... Need to look in Mirror... First before opening trap-door!

Results may not reveil answers or any comfort to those searching... But there is no need to try and slam doors on all thoughts... Unlees you are by chance... getting paid... to do your/this Job???

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/11/18/2013-27343/special-conditions-boeing-model-777-200--300-and--300er-series-airplanes-aircraft-electronic-system

Guys seems the 777 did have fly-by-wire software imbedded into it's mainframe. This includes not only taking control of Aircraft but also taking complete control of ALL Operating systems.. QUOTE:

The Boeing Model 777-200, -300, -300ER series airplanes will incorporate the following novel or unusual design features: An onboard computer network system, and a network extension device. The network extension device will improve domain separation between the airplane information services domain and the aircraft control domain. The proposed architecture and network configuration may be used for, or interfaced with, a diverse set of functions, including:

2. Operator business and administrative support (operator information services),

Background

On August 21, 2012, The Boeing Company applied for a change to Type Certificate No. T00001SE Rev. 30 dated June 6, 2012 for installation of an onboard network system, associated line replaceable units (LRUs) and additional software functionality in the Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER Series Airplanes. The Boeing Model 777-200 airplanes are long-range, wide-body, twin-engine jet airplanes with a maximum capacity of 440 passengers. The Boeing Model 777-300 and 777-300ER series airplanes have a maximum capacity of 550 passengers. The Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER series airplanes have fly-by-wire controls, software-configurable avionics, and fiber-optic avionics networks.

This I had known before and was the subject to riddicule... I just want to stick a Donut (stale one at that) in the mouths of those who are trying to pressure everyone who is stating an Idea as its Owner is Stupid... Need to look in Mirror... First before opening trap-door!

Results may not reveil answers or any comfort to those searching... But there is no need to try and slam doors on all thoughts... Unlees you are by chance... getting paid... to do your/this Job???

I am quite sure that Boeing know exactly what their plane can do, and what it can't do.

I am also totally confident that Boeing are providing all the assistance they can for the return of their equipment.

You and Dr M may have a different opinion of course.

You just don't quit do you? smile.png

Me? or You...tongue.png

Well do you want to tell us why you suddenly finding out that Boeing (and Airbus for that matter) use Fly By Wire is something that no-one else knew?

Background

I am quite sure that Boeing know exactly what their plane can do, and what it can't do.

I am also totally confident that Boeing are providing all the assistance they can for the return of their equipment.

You and Dr M may have a different opinion of course.

I wasn't referring to Boeing, In fact I have the Highest Regard for them. (When Paine Field was still an Air Defense Command Base, and Dad was a Wing Commander for NORAD Stationed there, I got my Ass whipped for being out in area between Wing returns and Departures. to cut Alfalfa... I needed to turn it to dry do I could Bale it then be free to go see Beachboys and Jan and Dean at Seattle Center next day.. "I had gotten blown off tractor and lifted over Rake! Next plane Radioed Tower to go pick up my Body... Pilot thought I was Dead!!) Boeing Exec's saved my ass and got me front row seats for me and my Brothers... Dad had me by collar and in Base Opts swatting me with News Paper as I ran circles around him... His Wingman was laughing while watching.

I was referring to those on here that seem to enjoy riddiculing anything strange, that could end up feasable.... UNDERSTAND???

You just don't quit do you? smile.png

Me? or You...tongue.png

Well do you want to tell us why you suddenly finding out that Boeing (and Airbus for that matter) use Fly By Wire is something that no-one else knew?

I am telling you here that I was told before that it was a Crock... And they no one believed me then... Just believe the one who had taken it to riddicule anything leading this way...

I new it for fact... I was told to find Documentation... I did... Now you are asking me if everyone else new? Did you know.... ? I don't care what thoughts are.. I just getting tired of insinuations being dropped... now sudenly people are believing???

Hey I don't believe to know where MHA370 is, or how it got there. I do know and believe this though... Everyone has a right to know! Now!!

Does anyone have Long/Lat of where Aussy Company says they found something??