Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Dozens killed as blasts rock open market in Xinjiang

At least 31 people have been killed and more than 90 injured in a series of a dozen of explosions, which rocked the capital of China’s turbulent northwestern region of Xinjiang.

The explosions occurred at around 8am on at an open market in Urumqi, capital of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Xinhua news agency reported.

I have said before that there is one similarity to MH370's disappearance and the spate of terrorist attacks in Mainland China. Nobody has claimed them (if we assume that MH370 has been taken). I'm starting to edge more towards my original theory (as hard as it would be to pull off bar the perfect timing of flying over Malaysia, Thailand and Myanmar whilst all the underpaid military were sleeping rather than watching their antiquated radar systems) the more these attacks happen and nobody comments. Anybody who knows CCTV will now how "manufactured" the news in China is and how little escapes that the government doesn't want to.

Maybe this is why we can't get our heads around it. This is such a change in thinking that we just don't understand the plays?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dozens killed as blasts rock open market in Xinjiang

At least 31 people have been killed and more than 90 injured in a series of a dozen of explosions, which rocked the capital of China’s turbulent northwestern region of Xinjiang.

The explosions occurred at around 8am on at an open market in Urumqi, capital of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Xinhua news agency reported.

I have said before that there is one similarity to MH370's disappearance and the spate of terrorist attacks in Mainland China. Nobody has claimed them (if we assume that MH370 has been taken). I'm starting to edge more towards my original theory (as hard as it would be to pull off bar the perfect timing of flying over Malaysia, Thailand and Myanmar whilst all the underpaid military were sleeping rather than watching their antiquated radar systems) the more these attacks happen and nobody comments. Anybody who knows CCTV will now how "manufactured" the news in China is and how little escapes that the government doesn't want to.

Maybe this is why we can't get our heads around it. This is such a change in thinking that we just don't understand the plays?

Maybe pure coincidence and unconnected, but in the weeks preceding MH370 disappearance there was a big issue with Uighur asylum seekers trying to reach Turkey through SE Asia / Malaysia. I think there is a thread on it on TVF.

I think they are still being held in detention in Thailand.

No challenge then?

Don't you just love the term 'Autonomous Region' ?

Anytime China slaps the term 'Autonomous' in front of a country's name, it's to indicate Chinese has declared its ownership. It happened with Tibet and Uighur, and China plans for it to happen with Taiwan, The S.China Sea, as well as Thailand, Mongolia, Laos, and other smaller less powerful countries.

Wahoo! I think this topic will make 200 pages!w00t.gif

There allready long time ago

Only just cracked 191 pages!!

A pilot forum I check occasionally has 542 pages and 10800+ posts on Mh370.

Edited by F4UCorsair

I think they should check out all the deserted islands in the southern indian ocean , there are quite a few. Maybe someone are still alive , remember the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks? He went down with a fedex plane in the pacific and was the only survivor.

Edited by balo

I think that Cast Away was a fictional movie. What I find surprising is that in all this time that nothing has been found anywhere. A debris field is one thing and could have easily drifted apart, but nothing...not a life preserver, nothing. Nowhere. That seems strange. Something should have washed ashore somewhere, I would think.

I think they should check out all the deserted islands in the southern indian ocean , there are quite a few. Maybe someone are still alive , remember the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks? He went down with a fedex plane in the pacific and was the only survivor.

Hmmm think i have it on a dvd somewhere , gonna watch later

I think that Cast Away was a fictional movie. What I find surprising is that in all this time that nothing has been found anywhere. A debris field is one thing and could have easily drifted apart, but nothing...not a life preserver, nothing. Nowhere. That seems strange. Something should have washed ashore somewhere, I would think.

There is that gyre in the ocean there that could keep the debris circulating in the ocean and could have prevented it from getting to land. Though Wikipedia says it reverses direction so maybe the change in seasons will kick some stuff loose of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Ocean_Gyre

Remember the movie Milennium? They took the passengers and crew off through a wormhole to repopulate the species in the future and replaced them with dead bodies.

Oh hang on.....

No challenge then?

Don't you just love the term 'Autonomous Region' ?

Anytime China slaps the term 'Autonomous' in front of a country's name, it's to indicate Chinese has declared its ownership. It happened with Tibet and Uighur, and China plans for it to happen with Taiwan, The S.China Sea, as well as Thailand, Mongolia, Laos, and other smaller less powerful countries.

China is the self declared 'Middle Kingdom'.smile.png

The rest of the World is viewed as an 'Autonomous Region.'

I digress possibly. But conflict with radical Islam may be relevant to topic.

There is that gyre in the ocean there that could keep the debris circulating in the ocean and could have prevented it from getting to land. Though Wikipedia says it reverses direction so maybe the change in seasons will kick some stuff loose of it.

Thanks. I am familiar with the gyre and I am assuming the debris isn't there because the search for debris was the first part of the search.

At any rate, it's not necessarily important, just a little bit odd.

Thanks. I am familiar with the gyre and I am assuming the debris isn't there because the search for debris was the first part of the search.

At any rate, it's not necessarily important, just a little bit odd.

There actually were a lot of satellite findings right before they suddenly moved everything several hundred or was it 1,500 km northeast. After that, there were no satellite findings that seem to be mentioned in the area they moved everything to. The press conference announcing the move was the only one I watched the full video of and the press was surprised that they were just giving up on all the things the satellites had shown. I think they asked 2 or 3 times about just abandoning that area. The response was basically, there were things seen, they never found anything, and the best lead was the new area. At that time, there did not seem to have been time for them to have investigated the things in the released satellite photos.

Of course no one will ever know what that stuff was, and maybe it was all just junk, but there were at least things floating down there and seemingly nothing floating elsewhere, and particularly in the new area. Though nothing would have been expected to be in that area 3 weeks after it disappeared. I didn't know that gyre reversed direction. Would be interesting to know if it was going clockwise instead of counterclockwise as maybe both sites were right, but one for debris on the bottom and the other for floating debris.

Here was the Thai satellite post.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709464-missing-malaysia-airlines-jet-carrying-239-triggers-southeast-asia-search/?p=7615685

There was the French one was announced the day before or right around then.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709464-missing-malaysia-airlines-jet-carrying-239-triggers-southeast-asia-search/?p=7613001

The announcement of the move, just a short time later, though a few days after the satellite photos taken. However, I don't think the satellite photos information is instantly available as they have to be searched, so it is not clear they actually got to the areas in the photos. Particularly given how long it took to reach that area.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709464-missing-malaysia-airlines-jet-carrying-239-triggers-southeast-asia-search/?p=7618236

Garbage in, garbage out.

We don't have the necessary information.

Somebody does. But they aren't telling Joe Public.

Unless you commit to the pilot suicide story, and everybody is in the same boat because of his incredible deception skills.

Why would a suicide pilot go to such lengths? If he really wanted to make a statement he'd have crashed it somewhere visible? Like the middle of KL.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Unless you commit to the pilot suicide story, and everybody is in the same boat because of his incredible deception skills.

Why would a suicide pilot go to such lengths? If he really wanted to make a statement he'd have crashed it somewhere visible? Like the middle of KL.

I lean to the suicide/mass murder theory. You're right, he could have made a bigger statement if crashing in to KL. But if he was suicidal, then rational thought is out the window. If he planned to ditch the plane with as small a footprint as possible, he succeeded brilliantly. Even so, it wouldn't lessen his culpability as a mass murderer.

Garbage in, garbage out.

I lean to the suicide/mass murder theory. You're right, he could have made a bigger statement if crashing in to KL. But if he was suicidal, then rational thought is out the window. If he planned to ditch the plane with as small a footprint as possible, he succeeded brilliantly. Even so, it wouldn't lessen his culpability as a mass murderer.
Or with that theory just take it for a joyride , max altitude sharp decent and see how far it would get

I think a failed or aborted 9/11 attempt, or the plane has been landed safely somewhere are just as likely maybe?

Why leave no footprint if suicide/mm?

The emotions that well up, must be very compelling to whomever is in the throes of a suicide and/or mass murder scenario. We can only speculate on what sorts of thoughts coursed through such a person's mind. If one or more others were still alive when things went bad, the emotions swirling around go stratopheric (no pun intended).

An example of extreme emotions: A farang visits a holy mountain in Tibet; Mt. Kailash. A Tibetan man in monk's robes is angry at seeing a farang at that site. The Tibetan jumps on the car and bashes in the Land Rover's windshield with his forehead.

The chances of the plane landing safely somewhere is too remote to give any credence to. Word would have surely gotten out. Plus, broaching that - gives false hopes to the surviving friends and families.

I think a failed or aborted 9/11 attempt, or the plane has been landed safely somewhere are just as likely maybe?

Why leave no footprint if suicide/mm?

The emotions that well up, must be very compelling to whomever is in the throes of a suicide and/or mass murder scenario. We can only speculate on what sorts of thoughts coursed through such a person's mind. If one or more others were still alive when things went bad, the emotions swirling around go stratopheric (no pun intended).

An example of extreme emotions: A farang visits a holy mountain in Tibet; Mt. Kailash. A Tibetan man in monk's robes is angry at seeing a farang at that site. The Tibetan jumps on the car and bashes in the Land Rover's windshield with his forehead.

The chances of the plane landing safely somewhere is too remote to give any credence to. Word would have surely gotten out. Plus, broaching that - gives false hopes to the surviving friends and families.

You may well be right boomer, but tbh I'm not 100% convinced.

And It is possible that word has got out, but it is being kept confidential?

The fact that not a single piece of debris from the plane has washed up on a beach - any beach - anywhere - suggests to me the plane did not crash in the sea.

Either it crashed in a very remote area of land or .... it did not crash...

There lies the mystery.

The fact that not a single piece of debris from the plane has washed up on a beach - any beach - anywhere - suggests to me the plane did not crash in the sea.

There lies the mystery.

Or it was put down/landed (maybe 'watered' is more correct?) with a great degree of finesse with no consequent breakup, but extremely unlikely at night, and without power (Inmarsat pings indicated it suffered fuel exhaustion abeam Geraldton).

If it crashed, i.e., out of control, there would have been significant breakup, therefore debris right across the Indian Ocean, and some of it would have washed up (inspite of the gyre), been picked up by ship, or at least sighted.

I support the first proposition, unlikely though it is, but I still don't understand why a crew member would fly until fuel exhaustion occurred, after having made the decision to commit suicide. It would seem more likely that he would just drive it into the sea soon after having decided on that course of action??

The possibility of it being hijacked and flown to the southern ocean seems unlikely to me because the hijacker would have to have quite a degree of knowledge and skill to keep it in the air. The autopilot can fly it, but it needs to be programmed by somebody.

Edited by F4UCorsair

There lies the mystery.

-snip-

The possibility of it being hijacked and flown to the southern ocean seems unlikely to me because the hijacker would have to have quite a degree of knowledge and skill to keep it in the air. The autopilot can fly it, but it needs to be programmed by somebody.

The pilot could be the answer. He was very unhappy with Malaysia. I don't buy anything about any pings or Immarsat. The stories are too nebulous. That would explain why he didn't immediately crash it or do a 9/11 somewhere.

I don't have a clue what happened, but I do have a problem with the total absence of any debris all of this time.

And no, I don't think it's humanly possible to land it in rough sea at night without breaking it. Night flying is a different learning curve that every pilot has to learn, and even then it isn't easy. When you look down everything just looks black except for any lights on the surface.

Edited by NeverSure

The pilot suicide theory in the version that he wanted to leave no trace so his family could get the insurance seems to be the favorite because it requires the least amount of conspiracy. It is very uncool to believe in conspiracies these days. (despite the fact that conspiracies have shaped history, and always will)

I lean toward successful hijacking by either a terror group or a government agency.

Any type of accident is quite hard to believe, at this point

Edited by canuckamuck

Malaysian Airlines struggles with possible bankruptcy.

Malaysian Air shares plunged the most since 1998 this month amid investor concern the government may let the company fail.

Bloomberg News: The carrier said the jet’s disappearance put additional stress on operations, forcing it to review its business plan after reporting the biggest loss since 2011.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-26/malaysian-air-to-take-steps-to-script-turnaround-no-bankruptcy.html

There lies the mystery.

-snip-

The pilot could be the answer. He was very unhappy with Malaysia. I don't buy anything about any pings or Immarsat. The stories are too nebulous. That would explain why he didn't immediately crash it or do a 9/11 somewhere.

I don't have a clue what happened, but I do have a problem with the total absence of any debris all of this time.

And no, I don't think it's humanly possible to land it in rough sea at night without breaking it. Night flying is a different learning curve that every pilot has to learn, and even then it isn't easy. When you look down everything just looks black except for any lights on the surface.

Or maybe debris does wash up on shores but the people there just use it , like on small islands , india

Australian Transporation Safety Bureau factsheet, coinciding with release of the satellite info.

http://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/2014/considerations-on-defining-the-search-area-mh370.aspx

Link to the pprune post that has a link to the .pdf version of the satellite info.

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-544.html#post8494691

The final ACARS transmission was at 17:07 UTC and provided location reports from the initial stage of the flight as well as a recording of the aircraft fuel remaining. The final secondary radar point was at approximately 17:22 UTC.

There were two attempts to call the plane over sat phone, which reset the hourly ping cycle. So the final ping (which wasn't actually the final) at 8:11, was preceded by an attempted call about an hour before. The handshake ping before that was about 40 minutes before the attempted call. The time between the attempted calls was about 4.5 hours.

The "pings" are actually about 2 minutes a contact, then reply, or more activity in between for the times there's something going on like the attempted calls.