Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Suicide does not exclude premeditation. He likely flew the route regularly and could have been planning for a long time. I doubt if the trial of Anwar was a big enough item to trigger such an extreme course of events. If it were a suicide there was likely a complex combination of things torturing his mind. The trial perhaps being the last straw.

Your statement alludes to suicide being very complex and not obvious to the outside observer. Why then, do you conclude that the Captain was the only one capable of suicude ?

Because anybody else apart from the pilot or co-pilot would have been a hijacker or a mass murderer?

Or is that your point?

Just commenting on the presumption that it was the pilot and not the co-pilot.

Well that's cleared that up then.

BTW. Do you think it was suicide?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am awe struck by the size of the area that they are now looking at . The Chinese survey ship Zhekezhen has been tasked by the JACC to do a bathymetric study ( ocean bottom mapping) for three months over an area of 60, 000 sq km. This compares with the area searched by Bluefin of 850 sq km . Presumably this is an area to both sides of the Inmarset arc ( or perhaps more than one arc ?). In any case, the area is huge and really says that they are still looking for the haystack. .

Send in the cavalry.

thumbsup.gif

Ok, here's my theory. Boeing secretly subsidized Malaysia Air to in-service test a new hyperthrust engine (no way FAA would approve such testing in the US). Enroute, first one engine accelerated uncontrollably causing MH370 to veer off course and knocking a number of aircraft systems offline. Later, the 2nd engine did the same, sending the aircraft into an uncontrolled climb.

MH370 ended up in low earth orbit. The US eventually became aware of this, and realized there was a danger of collision with the ISS as well as some high-value satellites. Knowing the passengers & crew had to be dead, the decision was made to destroy the aircraft.

A BMD-configured Aegis cruiser, in coordination with Diego Garcia, successfully destroyed the aircraft. The debris "cloud" is subject to piecemeal re-entry, during which the pieces burn up. None of the debris is large enough to survive re-entry, and will never be found. Boeing & the US govt have each agreed to maintain knowlege of each other's involvement in total secrecy.

© 2014, all book & movie rights reserved

Quite. Point taken I think. smile.png

Has military intervention by any party been discounted btw?

South China Sea is a bit of a hot area at the moment.

So, like a previous poster said, somebody would have seen it on their surveillance kit I would have thought.

Especially if it was flying above normal altitude for a passenger plane?

smile.png

Suicide does not exclude premeditation. He likely flew the route regularly and could have been planning for a long time. I doubt if the trial of Anwar was a big enough item to trigger such an extreme course of events. If it were a suicide there was likely a complex combination of things torturing his mind. The trial perhaps being the last straw.

Your statement alludes to suicide being very complex and not obvious to the outside observer. Why then, do you conclude that the Captain was the only one capable of suicude ?

I am not sold on any theory at the moment, all though some are more plausible than others.

Yes it could have been the co-pilot on a suicide mission.

Or it could have been someone else, a suicide hijacking like 9/11. I doubt it was cabin crew. And it may have been an unintentional suicide as well. Meaning that the situation got out of control and no one survived the change of plans. Or a botched hijacking which is basically the same thing.

It may have been a successful hijacking too.

Or there are several other possibilities, which have all been discussed.

Because anybody else apart from the pilot or co-pilot would have been a hijacker or a mass murderer?

Or is that your point?

No I do not think it was suicide, because I can't reconcile the supposed delay with a suicide plan. If the person committing suicide, initiating their plan at hand-off to HCM ATC, the adrenalin rush alone would seem to preclude any delay. Of course, one needs to accept the primary radar 'trackings' after that as well as the Inmarsat conclusions. My confidence level in all of the 'facts' after loss of contact is quite low. Actually I have no conclusion, since we have so little information.

Edited by tigermonkey

Ok, here's my theory. Boeing secretly subsidized Malaysia Air to in-service test a new hyperthrust engine (no way FAA would approve such testing in the US). Enroute, first one engine accelerated uncontrollably causing MH370 to veer off course and knocking a number of aircraft systems offline. Later, the 2nd engine did the same, sending the aircraft into an uncontrolled climb.

MH370 ended up in low earth orbit. The US eventually became aware of this, and realized there was a danger of collision with the ISS as well as some high-value satellites. Knowing the passengers & crew had to be dead, the decision was made to destroy the aircraft.

A BMD-configured Aegis cruiser, in coordination with Diego Garcia, successfully destroyed the aircraft. The debris "cloud" is subject to piecemeal re-entry, during which the pieces burn up. None of the debris is large enough to survive re-entry, and will never be found. Boeing & the US govt have each agreed to maintain knowlege of each other's involvement in total secrecy.

You made my day -- I love it ! Forget about any technical deficiencies in the plot. It's a winner - good luck with the movie.

Or is that your point?

No I do not think it was suicide, because I can't reconcile the supposed delay with a suicide plan. If the person committing suicide, initiating their plan at hand-off to HCM ATC, the adrenalin rush alone would seem to preclude any delay. Of course, one needs to accept the primary radar 'trackings' after that as well as the Inmarsat conclusions. My confidence level in all of the 'facts' after loss of contact is quite low. Actually I have no conclusion, since we have so little information.

You appear not to have taken on board canuckamuck's erudite explanation of the potential thought processes going on in the mind of a pilot ( or co-pilot) on a suicide mission.

Nevertheless, why let the facts interfere with a good story.

smile.png

Maybe the pilot ( or co-pilot ) chose predetermined PlanB when his demands were not meant. A rational decision chosen by somebody who could not face the thought of actually flying into the KL Towers.

You made my day -- I love it ! Forget about any technical deficiencies in the plot. It's a winner - good luck with the movie.

Won't be able to see it in the PRC though.

But....... hang on a second...maybe you will.

smile.png

I realize this is speculation on top of rumor, but the pilot seems the more likely culprit. The co-pilot was a younger man cruising on a budding career, and chicks galore. It's been said he tried calling out (unsuccessfully) right at the time things began to go pear-shaped - at the missed hand-over to Vietnam. Another message rec'd from a nearby plane was probably a (distress?) call from him, but it was too faint and garbled to know for sure who it was from and what was said.

On the other hand, the pilot appeared to have had a more complex set of issues to deal with. One prominent one; his passionate support for Anwar, which must have been jangled when being in the courtroom the day before, witnessing an unfair conviction. He knew the important court-date was coming up, which would fit with talk of pre-meditation.

This is a plausible theory as good as any , and that explains why we can't find any debris. The satellite tracked the plane in a rapid climb up to 44000 feet I think, maybe it was 80000 feet instead and it would have reached space....

Search For MH370 Not Getting More Complicated - Expert

KUALA LUMPUR, June 2 (Bernama) - An expert has said that the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, flight MH370 is not becoming more complicated and that the search and rescue (SAR) team was looking in the wrong area.

-- BERNAMA

BERNAMA post:

"Steel suggested that at least some consideration should be given to the northern corridor until the possibilities could absolutely rule it out.

"For example, someone should go and take a look at the suggested crash site in the Besh Tash Valley (Kyrgyzstan), which was indicated by a smoke plume just when the aircraft would have been expected to have crashed. In reality, that might be only a one-in-1,000 possibility, but why not go take a look so as to exclude it?"

facepalm.gif

if there were anybody survive crashing into them thar hills, no cover up could stop any mujhadeen, or the likes of, rebels from posting Ransom notes for the hostages.

we would have heard from them by now...

"The 41-year-old, who spent 13 months at sea, said she did not report the incident at the time because she was having marital issues and thought she might be going mad."

Sounds like an albatross to me.

(Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner.)

Interesting read , does this mean the sighting of that oilrig worker got some credibillity ?

Unfortunately not.

Resident TV expert tigermonkey has totally dismissed it as impossible, despite my claim that if it flew for approx 20 minutes or more since absolute last contact was made, the oil rig worker might have seen it.

facepalm.gif

'Absolute last contact' is important because everything else is guesswork.

Interesting read , does this mean the sighting of that oilrig worker got some credibillity ?

The oilrig worker saw something go down in the South China Sea. This woman saw something go down in the Indian Ocean.

The oilrig worker saw something go down in the South China Sea. This woman saw something go down in the Indian Ocean.

Oil rig worker saw 'a plane in the sky in flames.'

I'm still waiting for conclusive proof that what he appeared to see was not related to the incident.

What the ancient mariner saw is slightly more questionable imho.

pmugghc

You can read,but you do not understand what you read.Sailor woman and oil rig worker saw burning plane flying,they did not see it "going down".

pmugghc

You can read,but you do not understand what you read.Sailor woman and oil rig worker saw burning plane flying,they did not see it "going down".

I dont know how far it could have gone while on fire but i doubt all the way where they are searching now

pmugghc

Are you seriously suggesting a burning plane would fly from where the oilrig worker spotted something to where the woman saw something? If so then you're seriously delusional. Don't forget your medication.