• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fugro will search a 60,000 square metre area

Waow - almost found it

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ha! Didn't notice their typo. Or you are right, they'll have found it in a day or two.

biggrin.png

yeah - a 245 * 245 metre square patch of water - a mere fraction of one part of a tomnod grid square

they could have least offered to search a 245*245*245 metre cube block of water w00t.gif

The satellite company whose spacecraft was responsible for tracking down the missing Malaysia Airlines flight to the Indian Ocean says the search team is yet to investigate the plane's most likely crash site.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/2014/06/17/12/42/mh370-hotspot-still-unsearched#M7LOvlRkMPuG4K1x.99 coffee1.gif

That will cheer the families up no end.

The satellite company whose spacecraft was responsible for tracking down the missing Malaysia Airlines flight to the Indian Ocean says the search team is yet to investigate the plane's most likely crash site.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/2014/06/17/12/42/mh370-hotspot-still-unsearched#M7LOvlRkMPuG4K1x.99 coffee1.gif

Yes. I have no personal connection to the flight at all and I am dying to find out what happened. So I cannot begin to imagine how horribly frustrating it must be for the families trying to get some closure. And I now have serious doubts as to whether they will ever find it or learn anything of its fate.

Yes. I have no personal connection to the flight at all and I am dying to find out what happened. So I cannot begin to imagine how horribly frustrating it must be for the families trying to get some closure. And I now have serious doubts as to whether they will ever find it or learn anything of its fate.

Well Horizon did a programme the other night called "What happened to MH370"? and I was surprised at how much the InMarSat people believe their "hotspot" is the place they should be looking.

Apparently it was the "pings" that dragged the whole search away from their recommended target area.

The decoys worked better than expected...until now??

Pity though, If it had even been a military aircraft, the old LORAN would have been displaying it's path, especially as it was not a U.S. Military aircraft - and possibly getting closer on pass-by with DiegoG

So far nothing clear even if millions of dollars were spent on finding the plane. In my opinion it is a conspiracy. In this case the most veridic news would be the first after the incident.

The plane disappeared near Vietnam over the water. After that in a week contrarious news started to be shoved into the public. At the moment I believe the plane has been shot over the waters near Vietnam because there were some people on board that had extraordinary hi-tech knowledge flying to China and someone (government of a country or very influential people) didn't want them to reach the destination.

There were some reports from witnesses that saw the burning plane. When those news started to spread suddenly the focus changed that the plane crashed somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Initially saying in the southern part of it, then near Australian coast, now they are saying maybe near India. It is deliberately done to mislead the public.

I know it sounds crazy, but what about 9/11, can you logically explain what happened there?

So far nothing clear even if millions of dollars were spent on finding the plane. In my opinion it is a conspiracy. In this case the most veridic news would be the first after the incident.

The plane disappeared near Vietnam over the water. After that in a week contrarious news started to be shoved into the public. At the moment I believe the plane has been shot over the waters near Vietnam because there were some people on board that had extraordinary hi-tech knowledge flying to China and someone (government of a country or very influential people) didn't want them to reach the destination.

There were some reports from witnesses that saw the burning plane. When those news started to spread suddenly the focus changed that the plane crashed somewhere in the Indian Ocean. Initially saying in the southern part of it, then near Australian coast, now they are saying maybe near India. It is deliberately done to mislead the public.

I know it sounds crazy, but what about 9/11, can you logically explain what happened there?

Yes. Some hijackers hijacked some planes and flew them into buildings.

And yes, that does allow for a plausible explanation for the two buildings struck by planes, but the inability of that explanation to account for the collapse of building #7 places the whole affair back into question.

And yes, that does allow for a plausible explanation for the two buildings struck by planes, but the inability of that explanation to account for the collapse of building #7 places the whole affair back into question.

The twin towers collapsed after being struck by planes and debris from them caused fires on many floors of building #7 which collapsed many hours later from severe internal structural damage.

I'm not even a dunker but a simple Google search would've answered this for you. And silly conspiracy theorists deserved to be debunked by a silly tabloid http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056088/Footage-kills-conspiracy-theories-Rare-footage-shows-WTC-7-consumed-fire.html

Speculations , speculations and more speculations . If they think the pilot did it , let me hear the evidence for that .

When they find the first parts of the wreckage we can start talking about evidence.

Edited by balo

A new development in the MH370 investigation has placed further speculation on the plane's captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah.

A very interesting read.

Fuel for the Diego Garcia theory?

It seems to have taken Malaysian authorities a long time to find out what the pilot was actually practicing on his simulator?

What island landing strips exist around the "hot-spot" Inmarsat are talking about ?

Nothing.

There is only water.

The original source article (in the Mirror) states that investigators found that he had plotted a route on his flight simulator to "a remote south Indian Ocean island". The article doesn't identify the island.

I did a quick search in FSX and found two small island airports:

YPCC Cocos (Keeling) Island Int'l S12deg 11.32min E96deg 49.83min; 8033ft rwy; less than 1000mi off the Australian NW coast

FIMR Plaine Corail S19deg 45.46min E63deg 21.68min; 4000ft rwy

No idea how these figure WRT the Inmarsat "hot-spot". My guess is that YPCC is to the east of it, and FIMR to the west.

These are the only ones in the FSX stock database, which certainly can't be considered complete. There may be others out there. It's possible for FSX owners to search for & download additional aerodromes from the internet and install them in FSX, or even to create them yourself (with a little effort). Enthusiasts "build" these virtual airports (based on real-world airports or completely imaginary) as a hobby and make them freely available; commercial fltsim add-on vendors develop & sell them as well.

Whatever the case, I have absolutely no doubt that among the various govts involved there's an awareness of any & all such south IO island runways from Australia all the way west to the African coast, and that they've been repeatedly and regularly scoured by satellite surveillance at least. It would be interesting to know some more details from the investigation of the pilot's flight simulator though.