External Battery Pack

Toni

The end of last year I have seen in Fortune Tower an universal external battery pack which could be placed underneeth a phot camera.

Price was around Baht 6.000

Now I am fed up with my standard built in battery (Ion Lithium) but I cannot find the pack I have seen before anymore.

Somebody an idea?

Thanks

If we are to help you we need a lot more info.

What sort of camera, make, model No.

IME a still camera battery has enough life for most purposes.

Video is another matter.

My Panasonic video has an external adapter, to be used with the battery charger, giving continuous power. However it could also be plugged

into and external box with a much larger capacity battery.

The end of last year I have seen in Fortune Tower an universal external battery pack which could be placed underneeth a phot camera.

Price was around Baht 6.000

Now I am fed up with my standard built in battery (Ion Lithium) but I cannot find the pack I have seen before anymore.

Somebody an idea?

Thanks

Well, the reason I didn't supplied more info was that this pack really was very universel with various adaptors and current outlets which where adjustable! To be used both for still camera's and for video camera's. This pack must have been quit powerfull because of the much higher power consumption of a video camera. The execution was a bit like the old "autowinders" to be put underneeth the still camera's in ancient times. Anyway the camera is a Minolta Dimage A200. Does this info helps?

:o

Be carefull with battery packs. Most new cameras, especially digital cameras are very sensitive to the voltage they are suppied with. This is why they use Lithium amd Lithium Iron batteries, they deliver the rated voltage untill just about dead then die very quickly from there. Low voltage can cause increase in current and cause problems in the power supply or the CPU.

Another consideration is that the cameras have switches on the battery door that prevent operation when the door is open. Make sure the adaptor will work with your cmera. Needless to say these devises void most warentees.

Be carefull with battery packs. Most new cameras, especially digital cameras are very sensitive to the voltage they are suppied with. This is why they use Lithium amd Lithium Iron batteries, they deliver the rated voltage untill just about dead then die very quickly from there. Low voltage can cause increase in current and cause problems in the power supply or the CPU.

Another consideration is that the cameras have switches on the battery door that prevent operation when the door is open. Make sure the adaptor will work with your cmera. Needless to say these devises void most warentees.

thanks! You are right: it is risky. But it is so anoying that the battery runs out always when one just need them. And buying a spare battery is very inconvinient due too the need of proper maintenance of unloading/loading, like a cell-phone. Anyhow, no alternative I am afraid!