Thai Bank Code? KTB

Hi Guys!

I've been asked by the British government to supply my bank and branch numbers in Thailand. They say that it's a 3 digit number (bank), followed by a 4 digit number (branch code). Letters, hyphens or spaces can't be used (apparently). w00t.gif

Seems I'm not able to find the BANK NUMBER for Krungthai Bank. I've got the branch code okay, but nobody at KTB can supply a bank NUMBER. Maybe there isn't one - I don't know. However, I've just spent half an hour talking on the phone with a ktb person, who insists I "can just use my account number". I specifically asked if KTB actually HAD a Thai bank NUMBER, but just got the run-around - and no concrete answer at all. Likewise, the Thai wife tried and got the same uninformative answers.

Anybody have any idea IF and EXACTLY WHAT the bank number for KTB is? sad.png

Thanks

Sounds like they want the IBAN number, International banking code for SWIFT transfer

As an example Bangkok Bank is BKKBTHBK

Go here..

http://www.ktb.co.th/ktb/en/faq.aspx?cat=DXTRAAxJasmK1PEuG6UEpw%3D%3D

Swift code - KRTHTHBK

What’s the IBAN no. of Krung Thai Bank? bt-delete.png
A:

Additional suggestions for using international money transfer services are as follows.
- Correspondent banks worldwide in France is the bank of Natixis Banques Populaires, Paris (Swift Code - BFCEFRPP).
- Correspondent banks worldwide in European countries, Germany is the bank of Hypovereiners Bank ag., Muenchen
(Swift code - HYVEDEMM)
- Full Name of the Bank, Krung Thai Bank PCL. (Swift code - KRTHTHBK).

Please check the accuracy of: Account number of beneficiaries must be 10 digits (The first three digit is a branch clearing code) and the name of beneficiaries must match the name of account holder name with specified the name, the address, the telephone number of beneficiaries to the bank they can contact.

Any inquiries about filling in the form, please contact Customer Relations Department of Trade Finance. Tel. 0-2208-4325-8 or Trade Finance Business Center nearby. For any inquiries about products and bank's services, please contact Customer Relations Center Krung Thai Phone Calls 1551.

Edited by CharlieH

Sounds like they want the IBAN number, International banking code for SWIFT transfer

Go here..

Swift code - KRTHTHBK

I had the same problem until I managed to convince them that for thailand they don't use a banking code, just the swift code and your acc' number is all that is needed.

I believe the first three numbers of your acc' number are the branch number and the very last number is the type, ie savings acc' etc and the middle numbers are the acc' number.

Go here..

Swift code - KRTHTHBK

I had the same problem until I managed to convince them that for thailand they don't use a banking code, just the swift code and your acc' number is all that is needed.

I believe the first three numbers of your acc' number are the branch number and the very last number is the type, ie savings acc' etc and the middle numbers are the acc' number.

Yes, I rather think it's going to end up like that. I already have the Swiftcode info - and have used that many times with my bank (in the UK), However, the British government seem to insist that they know best (always, perhaps?) and will only accept digits, not anything else..whistling.gif

I think my only option is to enclose a letter explaining the situation - and hope that satisfies them. facepalm.gif

Cheers, guys