Suthep's Bangkok home attacked with M79 grenades

webfact

The red rouge can't aim those Vietnam era M 79's to save their lives, literally.

Now it was aimed at the opposition protest's leader, done again with outdated and black market weapons- despite which, we can wait about 5 or 10 minutes for some trollers to mention how this was deliberately set up.

Bottom line is the attempted scare isn't stopping anti shinanwatra sentiment, nor will this allow PTP to flourish with endless hired amateurs out to kill. the square faced man in Dubai should spend more time having his minions trained in Isreal if he wants to use precision with weapons. This silly behaviour is making the whole of PTP and their supporters look like the untrained, uncouth, uncivilized fools they really are.

I think they know well enough how to make these things work or not. If it didn't go off, it was probably set to deliberately not go off. This is to scare people, not really blow things up

Or didn't actually want to cause any damage.

Things really will be bad if these attacks occured at his Surat Thani home(s)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with all these attacks misfiring their targets. Either the attackers are seriously incompetent (possible) ... they are just trying to "scare" or "warn" their targets (more possible),.... or they are attempts at gaining sympathy (most likely).

Yeah, right. Sympathy attacks, lets think on that. What other, more likely, options exist as to who was behind this?

Whats with all these attacks misfiring their targets. Either the attackers are seriously incompetent (possible) ... they are just trying to "scare" or "warn" their targets (more possible),.... or they are attempts at gaining sympathy (most likely).

Just curious, what you you be saying if these grenades landed in Yinglucks front yard?

I want fairness no double standards if you shoot aat Sutheps you have to shoot at mine.

• Like 1

It could have been anyone.

It could have been Suthep himself / the PDRC as a way to gain even more media coverage and add fuel to the flames of hatred against pro-government supporters / PTP / the red shirts.

It could have been an unsuccessful attack by either pro-government supporters or others with a grievance.

The fact that neither of these devices exploded seems somewhat suspicious to me though.

With the fact that support for the PDRC seems to be dwindling and with the threat of any type of coupe becoming less and less likely as time passes, I would imagine that the pro-government side have the least to gain from such an incident.

Edited by TallPalm
  • Like 1

just a hysterical vocal minority. who in their right mind would support this mad man.

truth is, most people are indifferent or hate suthep.

Well, you keep talking about that truth, but you never show us.

Come on. Links, polls, 2014 election results? Anything. Anything to back up what you say.

Or is it just your "belief"?

Edited by djjamie

just a hysterical vocal minority. who in their right mind would support this mad man.

Come on. Links, polls, 2014 election results? Anything. Anything to back up what you say.

Why even think about feeding the troll, you will never win asking for back up, because there isn't any and the troll couldn't / doesn't give two hoots about anything to do with facts - it just just follows the little red Thaksin book - tell as many lies as you can a day - it's all good as it worked for me..

• Like 2

It could have been anyone.

It could have been Suthep himself / the PDRC as a way to gain even more media coverage and add fuel to the flames of hatred against pro-government supporters / PTP / the red shirts.

It could have been an unsuccessful attack by either pro-government supporters or others with a grievance.

The fact that neither of these devices exploded seems somewhat suspicious to me though.

With the fact that support for the PDRC seems to be dwindling and with the threat of any type of coupe becoming less and less likely as time passes, I would imagine that the pro-government side have the least to gain from such an incident.

pretty much sums it up.

could be anyone , pretty much the whole of thailand is against this nutcase.

Actually less are against him than you think. He is supported by lots of northerners - I have talked to them and they say TS, YS and PT have to go to stop the theft of Thailand's money and to give their children a future. Or Thailand will end up like North Korea.

From you previous comments about Suthep and your support for Red Shirts it sounds you would prefer Thailand to be Democratic People's Republic of Korea where their dear leader inherited his post and just received 100% yes vote - ( there was only one candidate and if you voted no, you end up in a re-education hard labour camp, but it was still a DEMOCRATIC ELECTION )

"Actually less are against him than you think. He is supported by lots of northerners - I have talked to them and they say TS, YS and PT have to go to stop the theft of Thailand's money and to give their children a future. Or Thailand will end up like North Korea"

Really?

Lets finish the election and tabulate the results.

We will see!

The so-called "Northerners" referenced in the quote were PAD-Dem's. One wouldn't expect anything else from them,

To imply that the Suthep's anti-democratic shenanigans have actually increased PAD-Dem sympathies beyond their accolytes, is wishful thinking. Obviously not shared by their adherents considering how much they are trying to deep-six the election.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

Trying to stir the hornet's nest. Why give Mr. Suthep more fodder when it goes against the interim governments objective? This is very suspicious and while I am not an expert on this, I tend to believe this was done more to provoke Mr. Suthep and to intimidate him.

Having grenades fired at your own home as a form of promotion???

I hardly believe anyone would have grenades fired at their own homes.....whether they detonate or not...!!

nah, most likely stamped made in england and shipped over with the last bunch of bomb detectors

• Like 1

Why even think about feeding the troll, you will never win asking for back up, because there isn't any and the troll couldn't / doesn't give two hoots about anything to do with facts - it just just follows the little red Thaksin book - tell as many lies as you can a day - it's all good as it worked for me..

I find questioning "beliefs" a quintessential part of who I am.

I always treat facts and evidence with respect and "beliefs" with a hint of skepticism and a lot of doubt. Being an Atheist I am confronted with "beliefs" on a daily basis by people that dispute facts simply because they believe in something despite the facts presented. I won't go into detail in this area, but suffice to say I take great please in debunking people that have a "belief" while trying to prove something against the evidence and facts presented.

The UDD / PTP supporters in Thailand are similar to cult figures in my view in so much as they use a "belief" to further their cause. Use brainwashing and will not dispute facts, but simply overlook them to argue their point.

What I find the most amusing is when they reply and say, "well the PDRC did…" or "You can talk, the PDRC…..". Can't defend their own ilk, but demonize and denounce others while arbitrarily presenting their beliefs as facts.

• Like 2

Maybe his instructions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What do the Red's have to gain from this attack? They pretty much know he's in and around the protest areas most nights, or tucked up in his bed in the Dusit Thani. Why not attack that?

So who was the intended victim of the "intimidation" ?

Is there a group of unknowns deliberately missing, just to keep a movement in the headlines or Is it down to the usual suspects being piss poor shots? or is it a case of someone who knows exactly how to use and M79 and knows he's going to miss?

The finger pointing is rather obvious, it's almost too obvious it sure wouldn't be the first time the home team scored own goals..

The Yellows will point to towards the reds as "This is what they did in 2010" and the Reds will say " it's self inflicted to maintain public support"

You would have thought that seeing as it didn't work out too well for the reds in 2010 they'd have changed their MO, but it seems not, whatever their plan is, if it's one of intimidation to end the protests, it didn't work, if there's something more sinister awaiting, then only time will tell, there's only one real fact here, and that's who ever is behind these, hasn't been caught yet, and they dissapear every time like Ghosts.

• Like 1

I find questioning "beliefs" a quintessential part of who I am.

I always treat facts and evidence with respect and "beliefs" with a hint of skepticism and a lot of doubt. Being an Atheist I am confronted with "beliefs" on a daily basis by people that dispute facts simply because they believe in something despite the facts presented. I won't go into detail in this area, but suffice to say I take great please in debunking people that have a "belief" while trying to prove something against the evidence and facts presented.

The UDD / PTP supporters in Thailand are similar to cult figures in my view in so much as they use a "belief" to further their cause. Use brainwashing and will not dispute facts, but simply overlook them to argue their point.

What I find the most amusing is when they reply and say, "well the PDRC did…" or "You can talk, the PDRC…..". Can't defend their own ilk, but demonize and denounce others while arbitrarily presenting their beliefs as facts.

In short Artisi. I take great please in presenting facts that the "others" cannot rebut with facts.

• Like 1

What do the Red's have to gain from this attack? They pretty much know he's in and around the protest areas most nights, or tucked up in his bed in the Dusit Thani. Why not attack that?

So who was the intended victim of the "intimidation" ?

Is there a group of unknowns deliberately missing, just to keep a movement in the headlines or Is it down to the usual suspects being piss poor shots? or is it a case of someone who knows exactly how to use and M79 and knows he's going to miss?

The finger pointing is rather obvious, it's almost too obvious it sure wouldn't be the first time the home team scored own goals..

The Yellows will point to towards the reds as "This is what they did in 2010" and the Reds will say " it's self inflicted to maintain public support"

You would have thought that seeing as it didn't work out too well for the reds in 2010 they'd have changed their MO, but it seems not, whatever their plan is, if it's one of intimidation to end the protests, it didn't work, if there's something more sinister awaiting, then only time will tell, there's only one real fact here, and that's who ever is behind these, hasn't been caught yet, and they dissapear every time like Ghosts.

Just as they did in 2010.

Convenient though then as it provided Abhisit with his excuse to declare the reds demonstration illegal and instigate a state of emergency and call in the troops.

When that didn't work (april 9th 2010 transmitter fiasco) he had to swap out the Bangkok troops for the southern troops who had less compunction about shooting northerners the following day.

Amongst the casualties that day a certain persons brother.

What have we now?

We have the police intercepting heavily armed irregularly troops (thai army, navy from south) without uniforms masquerading as PDRC guards bolstering Suthep's armed protection squads right in the heart of Bangkok.

Right in the heart of Bangkok.

As yet no civilian has been arrested similarly armed. No Bangkokian. No Northener.

The PDRC are firing out of Lumpini Park and its of no concern.

"Residents living nearby said they believed the grenades were fired from running vehicle on the elevated bridge about 400 metres from Suthep’s house."

That's outside the range of the M79 unless you have a strong wind at your back. Either the bridge is closer than 400M or the M79 was fired from somewhere closer.

Wow! what a claim MoonMao! Huge tracks of Thailand support Suthep: I know many here in Chiang Mai, and in the Chantaburi province. It is a total exaggeration to say that most Thais are against him! Almost too ridiculous because the evidence shows this is 100% not true. But it fits in with Thaksin's policy of spreading misinformation.

Your evidence is because you spoke to a few northerners?

They said the two grenades were fired from a nearby place at the house but did not explode.

How very surprising........... not

Nobody can know if the grenade will explode until it has been fired and travelled ~30m. Whoever fired the grenades was likely quite surprised that they didn't explode. Why aren't you?

• Like 1

Wow! what a claim MoonMao! Huge tracks of Thailand support Suthep: I know many here in Chiang Mai, and in the Chantaburi province. It is a total exaggeration to say that most Thais are against him! Almost too ridiculous because the evidence shows this is 100% not true. But it fits in with Thaksin's policy of spreading misinformation.

Very little support in Trat and Chathaburi as you mentioned. Many traditional Thaksin supporters are also turning their back on him.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app