I Want To Move To Thailand...? Help!

bailey020205

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls are good, but if I was you I wouldnt be going to the bars (especially tourist hot spots)looking for girls as some will be ok but alot is just after your cash.
They are all after your cash, the difference is before or after.

This thread is getting weirder and weirder. Pizzas with mayonnaise. I've had many pizzas here and they've been as good as . . if not better . . than any overseas. Pizza Co is more than fine.

Am I alone in thinking that the OP might be showing troll-like tendencies?

Worried about people looking down on his cos he is white and has money? Now worried about bringing dogs in case people eat them . .

pulllllleeease!

You're not the only person Bendix. "Pullleeeeease is" right.

The OP asked "do they break into yard to get the dog". C'monnn..Pulllease stop that. Noone is that naive.

BTW, pizza with mayonnaise? it was probably made especially for the poster!

This thread is getting weirder and weirder. Pizzas with mayonnaise. I've had many pizzas here and they've been as good as . . if not better . . than any overseas. Pizza Co is more than fine.

Yes, there are some good ones around. My post was spoofing... with a bit of truth though. Make no mistake though, they can be found in the bakery section of many of the larger grocery stores (probably plenty of other places too). Evidently you haven't had the pleasure of sampling some of the fine Thai-style Pizzas thickly slathered with a nice layer of yummy artery-clogging mayo. Sugary sweet crust too.

Here ya go. Help yourself and dig in!

post-8262-1149267591_thumb.jpg

Click the pic

- AmeriThai :o

I think I found a place:

Beautiful 2 bedroom Town House for rent, July 1st. Excellent location! In neighborhood near Riverside/Goodview restaurants, CMCC. 5,000 bht ($131.32)/month. Comes unfurnished. All contents are for sale. If you buy as a complete package: 125,000 bht (3,283.08 US)/or BO. Paid 175K ($4,596.24 US)just one year ago. This includes everything. Examples: custom made furniture throughout, office furniture, (2) air conditioners, all appliances (TV, stereo, microwave, stove, fridge, washing machine etc), plants, all crockery, fish tank etc.

I have pics and its great!!! Anyone have anything to say about this? My grandmother wants to come with me and she pulls in $1400 a month from SS income. She is retired. It would be me and her and my son would stay here and visit from time to time. I am ready to just make the move! Anyone have anything to say?

I am ready! Mid July!

I think I found a place:

Beautiful 2 bedroom Town House for rent, July 1st. Excellent location! In neighborhood near Riverside/Goodview restaurants, CMCC. 5,000 bht ($131.32)/month. Comes unfurnished. All contents are for sale. If you buy as a complete package: 125,000 bht (3,283.08 US)/or BO. Paid 175K ($4,596.24 US)just one year ago. This includes everything. Examples: custom made furniture throughout, office furniture, (2) air conditioners, all appliances (TV, stereo, microwave, stove, fridge, washing machine etc), plants, all crockery, fish tank etc.

I have pics and its great!!! Anyone have anything to say about this? My grandmother wants to come with me and she pulls in $1400 a month from SS income. She is retired. It would be me and her and my son would stay here and visit from time to time. I am ready to just make the move! Anyone have anything to say?

I am ready! Mid July!

Dude....Your credibility is slipping fast

Anyone have anything to say?

I am ready! Mid July!

By the way....even if you are a troll, I thought throwing in the part about "grandma" to be a unique and funny approach

I think I found a place:

I am ready! Mid July!

I wonder if The Dude is missing any shovels? Can you dig it? :o

By the way....even if you are a troll, I thought throwing in the part about "grandma" to be a unique and funny approach

what are you talking about? How old are you? Serious grow up. I am doing research and getting ready to make the biggest decision of my life and i am asking questions. You don't know me or my family. Don't fear my questions and if you have nothing nice to say please save your childish comments for another forum. :o

Col is right on the money for a house.

Another option out in Lad Prao, at Town & Town Condo's you can get a nice 2 Bdrm/ 2 Bath Condo for 12,000 Baht/Month + Electric. Close to the Subway, which is 10-15 minutes from Asoke Station.

Moving to the big Mango in 3 weeks... this sounds great any further info anyone, tried to find it on the net with no luck

Cheers

My grandmother wants to come with me and she pulls in $1400 a month from SS income. She is retired. It would be me and her and my son would stay here and visit from time to time. I am ready to just make the move! Anyone have anything to say?

Yes Bailey.

Is Grandma from the same planet as you.

Do you answer to "Scampy"? :o

My grandmother wants to come with me and she pulls in $1400 a month from SS income. She is retired. It would be me and her and my son would stay here and visit from time to time. I am ready to just make the move! Anyone have anything to say?

Yes Bailey.

Is Grandma from the same planet as you.

Do you answer to "Scampy"? :o

wow, that was witty.

ok well it seems people are not taking this serious anymore so i want to thank all of you who gave your input. You have helped so much! Please feel free to message me anytime. I am going to Thailand!!!

Please close this post and lock it so others can read because we have lots of good info. thanks again!

No I have not but I do know that no matter where you go in life the change happens inside you. I am ready fora change and I know if I don't like it I can always come back or go to school and maybe "learn" to like it lol

No prob dude, see you and grandma on your Harley in Pattaya :o

Sorry j/k, too good to resist :D

No I have not but I do know that no matter where you go in life the change happens inside you. I am ready fora change and I know if I don't like it I can always come back or go to school and maybe "learn" to like it lol

Of course people can have inner changes, but it's not just an internal mind thing. Most changes usually involve a bit of the external physical as well.

Mid-July, eh? Hmm, right in the Rainy Season. That should be fun.

Have you given any thought about what Granny's going to do when you're out and about? I guess she could just sit in front of the air con to stay cool. I'm guessing neither you or Granny speak any Thai. Actually, it wouldn't hurt to start learning at least some basic terms and phrases, then start a serious course in Thailand.

About the townhouse: Sounds nice. Is that in BKK? How about posting a pic of it?

what are you talking about? How old are you? Serious grow up. I am doing research and getting ready to make the biggest decision of my life and i am asking questions. You don't know me or my family. Don't fear my questions and if you have nothing nice to say please save your childish comments for another forum. :o

Bailey, I think it's best if you ignore the posts that you find irrelevant. On the other hand, I haven't seen many really helpful posts.

Anyway, here are my thoughts;

You can actually get apartments that are joined by a common door. This was common in the block of appartments in which I stayed (Suan Plu). My apartment was small but perfect for me. It was about 30 square metres with air con, refrigerator, king size bed, separate bathroom/toilet, cupboards/table+chairs, balcony & kitchen sink. The apartments were brand new with a common pool, spa, restaurant & a few shops incorporated. Wireless internet, phone & cable TV were also available.

Costs.

The cost of my apartment that I described above, was 8000 baht per month on a 6 month lease. Extra costs are water, electricity, cable TV, phone & pool. Obviously, you may be looking at about 16000 to 20000 baht per month for ajoining rooms.

If you're a heavy electricity user, expect to pay about 3000 to 5000 extra per month (a guess for 3 people). Same goes for water.

I advise against connecting or using the 'in house' telephone...very expensive compared to a mobile phone. Get a 'pre-paid' mobile telephone...cheaper but at the moment, the network is suffering congestion problems.

Avoid 'falang' food outlets...up to 10 times more expensive than the perfectly good Thai food, which is available at any one of the millions of street vendors. A typical Thai meal from a street vendor will cost between 20 & 50 baht per person. Compare this cost to 'food' like McDonalds, which costs between 100 & 300 baht. You can't beat Thai food, so try to get used to it. As a matter of fact, one of my teaching colleagues is an American who refuses to eat Thai food. He is always complaining about money & his health is very poor. He gets a bit upset when I pay 30 baht for some yummy & nutritious Som Tum & he pays 40 baht for 1 horrible burger. After the meal, I am satisfied but he is not, so he spends another 40 baht on another flavourless burger. His burger consists of sugar filled buns, something that looks like a piece of deep fried animal & maybe a slice of tomato (which he discards). No sauce of any kind.

Anyway, I hope you can use this info.

Edited by elkangorito

I dont have any pics but it is pretty much final. It's in Chiang Mai ten minute walk to the night bazaar/city center area. $125 US a month $40 for DSl $40 for Sat TV. 2 bed room 2 bathroom townhouse. my cuz was around the area it is located and said its a really good area. I am excited!

I dont have any pics but it is pretty much final. It's in Chiang Mai ten minute walk to the night bazaar/city center area. $125 US a month $40 for DSl $40 for Sat TV. 2 bed room 2 bathroom townhouse. my cuz was around the area it is located and said its a really good area. I am excited!

Don't you think that you should have a look first and see if you like to life in Thailand before making anything final? You have never been here, and you finalise renting a house in a city you have no idea about, never been to, just from the internet?! :o

Have you actually ever been outside of the US?

Don't you think that you should have a look first and see if you like to life in Thailand before making anything final? You have never been here, and you finalise renting a house in a city you have no idea about, never been to, just from the internet?! :o

Nope never been. No worries. Life is Life. I have an open mind and the ability. If I don't like it I come back. I know this may be hard to understand but I fel life is what you make it. I want to learn. Grow. I will learn as much as i can. I am starting over and going to this blind because for me that's the best way. :D

Have you by chance seen what a $125 place looks like? Didn't think so. You think you're getting something for nothing but the world doesn't work that way. You get what you pay for pal. Your dsl and satellite will be fine cause you are paying fair value for them but your living quarters and surrounding area will be mega nasty. Better u than me dude

Have you by chance seen what a $125 place looks like? Didn't think so. You think you're getting something for nothing but the world doesn't work that way. You get what you pay for pal. Your dsl and satellite will be fine cause you are paying fair value for them but your living quarters and surrounding area will be mega nasty. Better u than me dude

i have seen what it looks like. i have about 25 pics. i dont want to upload them to a web site so i can show people. but it is much better than where i live now. 2 bedroom, 2 bath 2 floor townhouse its great. :o

i have seen what it looks like. i have about 25 pics. i dont want to upload them to a web site so i can show people. but it is much better than where i live now. 2 bedroom, 2 bath 2 floor townhouse its great. :o

Bailey, you don't have to make a website to show your pix. No need to post them all. A couple would be fine. When you're typing your post, below the text box, you'll see 'File Attachments'. You'll be able to select a pic or two that's on your hard drive. When you select a pic, you'll see some text asking of you want to 'add the attachment to your post'. Bingo! It's as simple as that. No muss. No fuss. They should show up as small pix that can be clicked to see it in full size.

I like Chiang Mai. It's a good city. Climate isn't usually as hot and muggy, or as hectic as BKK. Personally, I'd like to have a peek at your find.

As for Thai food, some Thai food is hot and spicy enough to burn yout tonsils out, and some isn't. There seems to be the idea that Thai people love hot, spicy food. Well, some do, but some don't. If you like flame-inducing food, you'll find plenty of it readily available. And if not, there's plenty of other great tasting, flavorful food to enjoy.

I agree with skipping the farang food. Not only is Thai food a LOT cheaper, but you won't be able to turn around the corner without finding a vendor of some kind or another. If you DO want the occasional farang-style food, you can find a number of good places. I have no real objection to the western-style fast food chains. But I think you'll find that a McDonald's burger is pretty bland in comparison to the aromatic flavors of Thai food. If you want western food, go to a restaurant that serves it rather than a fast food outlet. The point is that there are plenty of things to choose from.

Edited by AmeriThai

Hey

To save on 'phone costs whilst in Thailand, I would subscribe to the Vonage service whilst in the USA. They don't ship internationally. I have been with them for 3 years now and have had no problems. In fact, I just upgraded last week to the Linksys WRTP54G from Circuit City, it was $ 109.99 with a $ 110 MIR, so, it cost me just the Tax to upgrade.

I have taken my Vonage Box to over 20 countries in the past 3 years, without any problems. You just conect it to either a DSL or Broadband connection and within 2 minutes, you can make and receive calls, as though you are in the USA. If you go for the $ 24.99 plan, you can make unlimited calls to any USA, Canada, PR and most of Western Europe and calls to Thailand are either 8 cents or 12 cents per minute. If you don't need to make a lot of USA calls, go for the $ 14.99 plan, you get 500 outgoing minutes a month included. But no calls to Western Europe, the calls to Thailand are still the same low price.

You will need to buy a power adaptor locally for the device, but that will only be a few baht.

For more info. go to www.vonage.com I am sure you will be impressed with their service.

As for your visit/extended stay, I hope everything goes to plan for you and that you have a great time in the Land Of Smiles.

I will be relocating to Phuket in approx 12-18 months.

<snip - Mod Edit>

Regards

Peter

Edited by Jai Dee

Nope never been. No worries. Life is Life. I have an open mind and the ability. If I don't like it I come back. I know this may be hard to understand but I fel life is what you make it. I want to learn. Grow. I will learn as much as i can. I am starting over and going to this blind because for me that's the best way. :D

Well, then take my well meant advice: don't rent a house in a country you have never been to just from looking at a few photos on the net. This is not the states - you can find a nice place to live here any day, for very little money.

And don't think that the grass is greener at the other side of the fence - it often only appears so. Thailand is a developing country with huge problems.

You have a problem with Bush and politics in the US? Welcome to Thailand - we have our own little Bush here, and nasty political problems. And apart from that we have the inherent problems of a developing nation.

Just come here for a while, don't make any plan other than having a look, and decide after you have been here for a while.