Man injured in explosion near Lumpini Park

webfact

PDRC guard severely injured in explosion in Lumpini Park
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A 34-year-old man was injured in an explosion in the Lumpini Park early Tuesday, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration's Erawan Emergency Medical Service announced.

The explosion occurred at 5:20 am.

The man was rushed to the intensive care unit of the Chulalongkorn Hospital.

Channel 3 reported that the explosion occurred near a tent of security guards of the PDRC or about 100 metres from the rally stage. It said a guard was severely injured.

The centre said an explosion also occurred at the Lotus Chaengwattana at 10:30 pm Monday. No casualty was reported.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-11

I wish the innocent victim a speedy recover. Lets hope they catch the perpetrator quickly though I don't hold my hopes up that they do.

One would think the peaceful protestors would be safe in a park, but no.

• Like 2

I find it odd - there are several Army sandbagged sites all around Lumpini, not to mention all the guards posted everywhere around the perimeter.

I would have thought that nothing, repeat nothing, could happen from the outside without being detect-able by one of the Army units or by the guards.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I find it odd - there are several Army sandbagged sites all around Lumpini, not to mention all the guards posted everywhere around the perimeter.

I would have thought that nothing, repeat nothing, could happen from the outside without being detect-able by one of the Army units or by the guards.

Curiouser and curiouser.

well if you look at the conclusion of the recent rajadamri big c attack, and back to 2010 when similar things happened at Saladaeng BTS, these grenade launchers apparently can be fired from some distance.

Red sympathizers here are just pathetic. Someone gets hurt in a blast and they blame the protestors. No one gets hurt in a blast and they blame the protestors. Red shirts want to secede and they blame the protestors. Toilet doesn't flush and they blame the protestors.

A pattern seems to be forming here!

When the wife left for other men, they blame the protestors.

Three protesters injured in grenade attacks at Lumphini, Chaengwattana

3-11-2014-10-13-03-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three anti-government protesters rallying at Lumphini park were injured when a M 79 grenade landed near a tent where protesters were staying overnight and exploded before dawn today.

Erawan emergency center reported the explosion occurred at about 5.30 a.m. today. It said it was collecting information of the injured from Chulalongkorn hospital.

But witnesses at the park said three protesters were injured when the grenade landed near the tent where protesters slept inside.

Meanwhile Chaengwattana protest site where Luang Poo Buddhaissara occupied was also rocked by M 79 grenade attack at 11.00 p.m. Monday night.

The grenade however landed near a security checkpoint manned by soldiers and protest guards near Tesco Lotus and is about 500 meters from the main protest stage.

The explosion caused a 10-centimeter wide crater on the concrete pavement of the road beside the fence wall of Tesco Lotus Chaengwattana branch.

The explosion caused no injuries but left a crater on the pavement

Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police chief officer Pol Col Kamthon Ouicharoen confirmed it was a M 79 grenade attack.

But Thung Song Hong police chief Pol Col Atip Pongsivapai said the grenade might be hurled from an overhead interchange flyover passing near the protest site.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-protesters-injured-grenade-attacks-lumphini-chaengwattana/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-11

This attack also highlights why the army have set up bunkers around Bangkok. As Tida said they only have old people that support the UDD which may explain the terrible aim on some of these attacks on innocent "all principle of democracy" supporters, but even those old supporters obviously have access to military grade weapons (10 million according to the red shirt leaders) so the army are paramount to stopping these armed grandma's (according to Tida) from attacking the innocent 6 wheel chair bound grandma's (according to the 1 principle of democracy supporters on TVF) So between the UDD leaders and the "one principle of democracy" supporters pom TVF this battle should be moved to an old age home!

That's PTP logic right there.

• Like 1

Three protesters injured in grenade attacks at Lumphini, Chaengwattana

3-11-2014-10-13-03-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three anti-government protesters rallying at Lumphini park were injured when a M 79 grenade landed near a tent where protesters were staying overnight and exploded before dawn today.

Erawan emergency center reported the explosion occurred at about 5.30 a.m. today. It said it was collecting information of the injured from Chulalongkorn hospital.

But witnesses at the park said three protesters were injured when the grenade landed near the tent where protesters slept inside.

Meanwhile Chaengwattana protest site where Luang Poo Buddhaissara occupied was also rocked by M 79 grenade attack at 11.00 p.m. Monday night.

The grenade however landed near a security checkpoint manned by soldiers and protest guards near Tesco Lotus and is about 500 meters from the main protest stage.

The explosion caused a 10-centimeter wide crater on the concrete pavement of the road beside the fence wall of Tesco Lotus Chaengwattana branch.

The explosion caused no injuries but left a crater on the pavement

Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police chief officer Pol Col Kamthon Ouicharoen confirmed it was a M 79 grenade attack.

But Thung Song Hong police chief Pol Col Atip Pongsivapai said the grenade might be hurled from an overhead interchange flyover passing near the protest site.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/three-protesters-injured-grenade-attacks-lumphini-chaengwattana/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-03-11

Intellectually challenged Reds gonna blame protestors for throwing grenades and injuring themselves now?

Oh my, is this one of those explosive devices going off too soon? What happened? Did he inadvertently pull the pin on a grenade. Odd that it was just the PDRC chap and no one else.

The usual; in attempt to frame the opposition, he 'pulled a pin.'

Regarding that anyway- its been M79's time & again, with much fewer accounts of pin pulling and short range throwing. It's not odd it was PDRC since they've been the target day in day out as you'll see in the news if you read beyond the headlines.

• Like 1

Man in intensive care after Lumpini blast
By Digital Content

13945073803717.jpg

BANGKOK, March 11 - A man seriously wounded at Lumpini Park early today was being treated in the intensive care unit of Chulalongkorn Hospital.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) Erawan Medical Centre did not give the name of the victim but said that about 5.20am a 34-year-old man was wounded in an explosion at Lumpini Park, the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) rally site.

The victim was sent to Chulalongkorn hospital for treatment

Earlier, an M79 grenade was shot into a security check point of the anti-government rally site at Chaeng Wattana but caused no injuries.

The police bomb disposal unit and army bomb experts jointly inspected the scene, in front of a TescoLotus department store, after an explosion at about 11.30pm.

Police said that the initial investigation found M-79 grenade fragment and that the projectile was launched from the road along Klong Prapa canal.

The target of the bomb was thought to be a police-military security checkpoint 50 metres from the blast, about one kilometre away from the rally site of the PDRC. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-11

Oh my, is this one of those explosive devices going off too soon? What happened? Did he inadvertently pull the pin on a grenade. Odd that it was just the PDRC chap and no one else.

what on earth are you on about

• Like 2

Red sympathizers here are just pathetic. Someone gets hurt in a blast and they blame the protestors. No one gets hurt in a blast and they blame the protestors. Red shirts want to secede and they blame the protestors. Toilet doesn't flush and they blame the protestors.

So the people. Being held illegally and tortured by the PDRC doesn't rate a mention here. Both sides are to blame singling out supposed perps doesnt help and now the next comment will be the Army is not doing its job as the RTP are not allowed near the site. When will everyone wake up, including us on TV begs the question and seriously think objectively a out these heinous acts?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This attack also highlights why the army have set up bunkers around Bangkok. As Tida said they only have old people that support the UDD which may explain the terrible aim on some of these attacks on innocent "all principle of democracy" supporters, but even those old supporters obviously have access to military grade weapons (10 million according to the red shirt leaders) so the army are paramount to stopping these armed grandma's (according to Tida) from attacking the innocent 6 wheel chair bound grandma's (according to the 1 principle of democracy supporters on TVF) So between the UDD leaders and the "one principle of democracy" supporters pom TVF this battle should be moved to an old age home!

That's PTP logic right there.

And you believe this blatant propaganda, dear dear. Next.

So the people. Being held illegally and tortured by the PDRC doesn't rate a mention here. Both sides are to blame singling out supposed perps doesnt help and now the next comment will be the Army is not doing its job as the RTP are not allowed near the site. When will everyone wake up, including us on TV begs the question and seriously think objectively a out these heinous acts?

Prevention better than cure.

Sorry again to put the point forward, BUT had the said ELECTED government governed cleanly, as per promised , and sworn in to do, without taking more than their own wages for the position held, No protests would have taken place as there would have been no need.

Leaving out Suthep--Dems Yellows, no excuses, self greed, with a dictatorial attitude has brought upon this turmoil.

No one disagrees, but we are dealing with today, and unfortunately not yesterday...

Prevention better than cure.

Sorry again to put the point forward, BUT had the said ELECTED government governed cleanly, as per promised , and sworn in to do, without taking more than their own wages for the position held, No protests would have taken place as there would have been no need.

Leaving out Suthep--Dems Yellows, no excuses, self greed, with a dictatorial attitude has brought upon this turmoil.

No one disagrees, but we are dealing with today, and unfortunately not yesterday...

You are right, but it is easily forgotten what (yesterday) caused the events of today. Some people might even like this and just blame one side, forgetting that it rightfully REacted.

Steel an apple, get caught and blame the one who caught you.

• Like 1

So predictable! I was wondering who would be the first one to come up with such a crap!

If the title of the OP was "Red shirt guard injured in explosion" and the circumstances where exactly the same as in this OP you can guarantee he would resort to his "default" "poor red shirt attacked by PDRC" statement.

He uses his "beliefs" as facts. Since he has no facts and he has been programmed to see the PDRC as a threat which has been ingrained by the UDD who conveniently blame the PDRC for all the PTP and UDD faults he simply is wired to make this "default" statement when the PDRC has been attacked.

It is not his fault and quite frankly I pity him. Blame the UDD propaganda schools as they are the guilty ones. His statement is only a byproduct of a much greater evil regime.

I also quoted the UDD supporters in a previous OP today, but changed the words around to highlight the hypocrisy that they display and boy did they get upset. They like to give it, but hate to take it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710016-man-assaulted-by-pcad-guards-was-not-armed-agent/?p=7547336

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Curiouser and curiouser.

The area is dotted with gazebos manned by soldiers, medics and some pink flowers, not cordoned off.

And in any case it would be impossible to stop projectiles even if it was cordoned off.

Edited by Trembly