Dating a younger Thai girl - or why I love Thailand.

Tmymaimee

Misery loves company.

Yes people are less honest in real life than in an anonymous forum, "pretending to like you" is just normal social behaviour day to day, many are actually bitter twisted and cruel behind their mask.

Sage words Wym. It can take many years to know someone and even then you might not know them as well as you think you do.

Many people do things in the privacy of their own homes or with the veil of the internet. Their public persona and private persona could be disparate worlds.

• Like 1

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you accept and acknowledge that access to your money was probably more of a motivator for her than love (for anything besides money), who gives a toss?

As long as you can admit that most of the young Western guys in Thailand are in exactly the same boat, there is not a lot to argue about

Well wait a minute . . . . according to your delusional fellow fossils, younger guys are totally penniless because they don't have fixed incomes like pensions so obviously, they're not in the same boat are they? laugh.png

Seriously though, you're talking out of your arse if you really think that pensioners and young guys are on the same playing field when it comes to decent Thai women.

A younger guy - up to 45 - is far, far more likely to attract and retain the genuine interest and affection of a young Thai woman than some fat, balding walrus with gout.

Wake up, smell the coffee and stop deluding yourself . . . you're just looking like a fool

• Like 1

As long as you accept and acknowledge that access to your money was probably more of a motivator for her than love (for anything besides money), who gives a toss?

As long as you can admit that most of the young Western guys in Thailand are in exactly the same boat, there is not a lot to argue about

Well wait a minute . . . . according to your delusional fellow fossils, younger guys are totally penniless because they don't have fixed incomes like pensions so obviously, they're not in the same boat are they? laugh.png

Seriously though, you're talking out of your arse if you really think that pensioners and young guys are on the same playing field when it comes to decent Thai women.

A younger guy - up to 45 - is far, far more likely to attract and retain the genuine interest and affection of a young Thai woman than some fat, balding walrus with gout.

Wake up, smell the coffee and stop deluding yourself . . . you're just looking like a fool

What about a "young" fat balding walrus? They do exist you know, as does George Clooney.

Why is it that anytime someone starts a topic, others try their best to criticize and insult others? I find it odd only because in real olive, I never meet these types of people. When I meet a stranger in Thailand, they are polite and friendly.

Are people like "Hardened Soul" the same in real life? It just seems odd as I've never met someone like him for real so unless people here have a split personality, the insulting posters pretend to like you when they meet you.

And why always the reference to fat guys? I'm 63 kgs…. a few kilos overweight but not obese. Women have no problem having an orgasm with me. Yet when you read responses here, they make it sound like these girls are in hell and hate having sex with 42 year olds.

Awww, poor Whereustay !

Well let's switch that around shall we?

Do you tell everyone you meet in person about your unbridled joy at being able to have sex with good-looking freelancers and how your wallet gives you access to far better totty than it could attract back home?

The next time you meet them - in person - do you criticize those same women you were paying to shag for trying to get more cash out of you while praising a nice, normal schoolteacher you've met a few days earlier.

The next time you meet them - in person - do you tell them that , actually, the "gorgeous" schoolteacher's been chucked because she sweats too much and won't wear skirts short enough to expose her sexual organs? (How dare she??)

The next time you . . . . actually, I'll stop there because I know, without a shred of doubt, that those people would avoid you like the freakin' plague.

You're a complete and utter flake who makes drivel up as you go along and you're chucking your toys outta the pram because you've been exposed as a liar, a fantasist and a hypocrite.

In answer to your question as to whether I'm "like this in real life", the answer is "I most certainly would be if someone as vacuous and self-absorbed as you seem to be came over and spewed the kind of verbal diarrhea you do"

Praise TV, I learned how to properly use, in a sentence, the word, "vaccuos"

As long as you can admit that most of the young Western guys in Thailand are in exactly the same boat, there is not a lot to argue about.

And that is exactly the point. No one denies that security is a factor in relationships with Thais irrespective of age. The 'young guns' seem to have a problem accepting this.

Since when is security not a factor, in any part of the world, why is this always focused on Thai's only?

Security, in times like these is more of a factor, than ever everywhere,

that Thai girls are more apt to insist on it, puts them livght years ahead of the rest of the world's women, who are marrying soley, for the hormonla rush they get when coupling with, or thinking of coupling with, their new knight

really people, even on long island, the mantra 40 years ago, was marry the first time for love and the second time for money,

that Thai's put the latter ahead of the former, makes them smarter

• Like 1

Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I came here when I was in my early thirties and I've seen as many successful relationships between old guys with fairly young women as young guys marrying someone their own age. Let's face it, most of the younger Western men here are not exactly Matinée idol material - no matter how much they try to convince themselves otherwise.

Hardly wishful thinking.

I don't know where in Thailand you live but in my neck of the woods in BKK, the difference is as clear as day.

Whether or not you choose to accept it, you're at an age where you pretty much have no choice but to pay for companionship - short or long term

Younger guys do have a choice.

The thing is, I don't say this as a young guy talking up his situation. I'm 47 years old so I'm no spring chicken but I choose not to lie to myself and everyone else who'll listen that I'm playing in the same sandbox as the under 40s.

Frankly, I'd find your argument far more convincing if I hadn't read odious remarks in other threads about prostitution and the general dismissal of Thai women as little more than chattels that can be acquired in their physical and emotional entirety with the handing over of a few baht from you and those like you on these forums.

Moving on though, there is nothing wrong with large (15yrs+) age-gap relationships provided the older party accepts that:

1. There's a massive chance that genuine love may not be the glue holding the union together and

2. That people will look and laugh.

That might not bother him but it could be a source of crushing embarrassment for her.

I'm not judging anyone - I said as much in my first post on this thread way back on page 1. I've reproduced it above so you can't say you didn't see it.

Yes many guys, old and young, pay for companionship - no one denied that but MY point is that if a man is seeking genuine companionship from a young (under 30) Thai woman who does not seek monetary compensation, a younger guy will have the older guy at a disadvantage.

Now I fully expect you and your sad cohorts to roll out the old "what Thai woman doesn't want money??" chestnut because that's the only way old men over here have ever been able to level the playing field, but you can't get away from the truth. Any attempt to do so will attract as many laughs as your previous endeavours.

You're wrong, I'm right . . .that's it.

Now go drink your cocoa

Edited by HardenedSoul

Yes many guys, old and young, pay for companionship - no one denied that but MY point is that if a man is seeking genuine companionship from a young (under 30) Thai woman who does not seek monetary compensation, a younger guy will have the older guy at a disadvantage.

A disadvantage is lot different from old guys have to pay and young guys don't, which is pretty much what you said two posts back. I think that a good looking, charming young guy has an advantage over other Western men in Thailand (or anywhere else), if income is ruled out. I just don't think that there are many of them around these parts and just being young does not make all that much difference.

Edited by Ulysses G.

A disadvantage is lot different from old guys have to pay and young guys don't, which is pretty much what you said two posts back. I think that a good looking, charming young guy has an advantage over other Western men in Thailand (or anywhere else), if income is ruled out. I just don't think that there are many of them around these parts.

Oh for crying out loud . . .where did I say that old guys have to pay and young guys don't?

I said that an old guy has little or no option but to pay while a younger guy has more of a choice.

You persist in trying to place words in my mouth but your efforts will fail

A disadvantage is lot different from old guys have to pay and young guys don't, which is pretty much what you said two posts back. I think that a good looking, charming young guy has an advantage over other Western men in Thailand (or anywhere else), if income is ruled out. I just don't think that there are many of them around these parts.

Oh for crying out loud . . .where did I say that old guys have to pay and young guys don't?

I said that an old guy has little or no option but to pay while a younger guy has more of a choice.

You persist in trying to place words in my mouth but your efforts will fail

You wrote, "if a man is seeking genuine companionship from a young (under 30) Thai woman who does not seek monetary compensation, a younger guy will have the older guy at a disadvantage."

I'll buy that. I think you are right. I just think you need to change woman to significant other to make it believable.

• Like 1

Anyone capable of understanding what they read can tell the difference

Come back to it when you've sobered up a little.

No man. There is a big difference. Woman means human. Significant other could be anything.

Well to be honest, I wasn't talking to you - I was responding to UG's last post.

Clearly, you're in the mood to argue semantics - I'm not and the thread's gotten a little stale so . . . . unless you've got something sensible to say, I'll leave you to get on with it.

Anyone capable of understanding what they read can tell the difference

Come back to it when you've sobered up a little.

No man. There is a big difference. Woman means human. Significant other could be anything.

Well to be honest, I wasn't talking to you - I was responding to UG's last post.

Clearly, you're in the mood to argue semantics - I'm not and the thread's gotten a little stale so . . . . unless you've got something sensible to say, I'll leave you to get on with it.

Gee I thought I was being very clear. You wrote, ""if a man is seeking genuine companionship from a young (under 30) Thai woman who does not seek monetary compensation, a younger guy will have the older guy at a disadvantage."

I suggested you change the word woman to significant other because there is no woman who does not seek monetary compensation (IMHO). That way you'd be correct.

Edited by thailiketoo

I suggested you change the word woman to significant other because there is no woman who does not seek monetary compensation. That way you'd be correct.

With a mentality that harbours beliefs like that, you expect people to take your opinions on women seriously?

My pity for you is made all the more profound because even at your ripe old age, you're still knocking around mercenaries.

I suggested you change the word woman to significant other because there is no woman who does not seek monetary compensation. That way you'd be correct.

With a mentality that harbours beliefs like that, you expect people to take your opinions on women seriously?

My pity for you is made all the more profound because even at your ripe old age, you're still knocking around mercenaries.

So, you paying with love tonight?

"Paying with love"? You imply that you and I are in the same league and we're SO not.

I don't deal with bar girls like you do.

I haven't boasted about my prowess with paid company through my 20s, 40s and 60s like you have elsewhere in this thread.

I've had a lifetime of great relationships with normal, attractive women back home and here in Thailand.

I've never been hosed for money, duped, tricked, fooled or otherwise by women.

I don't have to show coin to sweeten the deal for the women I choose to associate with.

Does any of that make me special?

Of course it doesn't - it makes me one of millions of men all over the world with a normal, healthy attitude to the beauty and mystique of the fairer sex.

Maybe you've been unable to find a place for yourself within the normal, effortless convention of male/female relationships that most people around the world enjoy every single day - I really don't know - but insisting that every man pays for it one way or the other is the lament of the loser.

Sorry but that's the reality of your situation

• Like 1

"Paying with love"? You imply that you and I are in the same league and we're SO not.

I haven't boasted about my prowess with paid company through my 20s, 40s and 60s like you have elsewhere in this thread.

I've had a lifetime of great relationships with normal, attractive women back home and here in Thailand.

I don't have to show coin to sweeten the deal for the women I choose to associate with.

Of course it doesn't - it makes me one of millions of men all over the world with a normal, healthy attitude to the beauty and mystique of the fairer sex.

Maybe you've been unable to find a place for yourself within the normal, effortless convention of male/female relationships that most people around the world enjoy every single day - I really don't know - but insisting that every man pays for it one way or the other is the lament of the loser.

90% of Thai men pay sin sot. Since the first caveman brought home a wild animal for dinner the man has been paying for it. Ain't nothing wrong with that. That's what men do. When the men came to my door to court my daughters I asked them if they had a job and education and could support my girls in the style they were accustomed to. That's what fathers do. I'm a man.

I pay for dinner and I always have since I was 20 in Thailand and still today. I pay for the transportation. I pay the electricity. I pay the water bill and for the dogs food.

I make sure the woman I'm with has enough money to do anything she wants. I'm a man. That's what adult men do. They take the responsibility for the family.

Hardened Soul I don't think you know much about Thailand. Men don't get in trouble here because they pay. If you don't pay now you, like Bill Clinton, will surely pay later.

Edited by thailiketoo

90% of Thai men pay sin sot. Since the first caveman brought home a wild animal for dinner the man has been paying for it. Ain't nothing wrong with that. That's what men do. When the men came to my door to court my daughters I asked them if they had a job and education and could support my girls in the style they were accustomed to. That's what fathers do. I'm a man.

I pay for dinner and I always have since I was 20 in Thailand and still today. I pay for the transportation. I pay the electricity. I pay the water bill and for the dogs food.

I make sure the woman I'm with has enough money to do anything she wants. I'm a man. That's what adult men do. They take the responsibility for the family.

Hardened Soul I don't think you know much about Thailand. Men don't get in trouble here because they pay. If you don't pay now you, like Bill Clinton, will surely pay later.

OK let's ignore the fact that you're talking about families with kids and I'm talking about just normal relationships between men and women before marriage & children are even on the schedule.

I'm astounded by your assertions that you're only a real man if you pay?

cheesy.gif

Seriously, listening to you is like stepping into a timewarp

I bet you still think it's ok to give a woman a sharp back hand if she steps outta line, right?

There is nothing wrong with paying shit for women.

But something is very wrong if paying is the only means to have a relationship with women or to sustain it. Now, I am not judging men who does, just a reaction to those who believe that is the norm in general. Let's not generalize , shall we, everybody is different.

I love the way these fossils try and convince themselves that it is normal to financially support someone in exchange for sex and/or a relationship.

"cmon guys! everyone pays eventually! its no different than im 60 and paying a third world hooker half my age a monthly wage to stay with me. its normal bro"

got to keep the 'dream' alive.

• Like 1

Everything you say is true, except for one thing:

Some of us don't have the time to "invest" in "regular" girls, and in many cases, don't want them.

Surely, you don't condemn us for that?

Although, not everyone is honest about their intentions, or themselves

I love the way these fossils try and convince themselves that it is normal to financially support someone in exchange for sex and/or a relationship.

"cmon guys! everyone pays eventually! its no different than im 60 and paying a third world hooker half my age a monthly wage to stay with me. its normal bro"

I got your back,

I am 54,

she is 32

there is no doubt what brought us together

It's a life to live, and at 54, not to play any games, for "love"

I got your back,

I am 54,

she is 32

there is no doubt what brought us together

It's a life to live, and at 54, not to play any games, for "love"

your strung an uneducated hooker along with the assumed promise of a relationship and marriage, used her, then dumped her and fled the country.

I know what 'brought you together'

2 words

money and deceit.

Surely, you don't condemn us for that?

Absolutely NOT.

I don't have any issue whatsoever with an older guy who smoothes his way with women. Each to their own.

Personally, I find it distasteful and I genuinely can't envisage the day when I'm 65 years old and actively chasing 25 year old women. Who knows, I may be wrong but hey, I'm 47 now and girls that age have little or no appeal for me. Sure, they look fabulous and their bodies are tight but, personally, I need more than that - that's just me.

What I object to is those who insist that because they have little choice but to do pay for it with the younger women, then young men are in the same boat and that is drivel. The same seas, yes; the same boat; no freakin' way

• Like 1