Red-shirts protest Dr Narong in Sisaket

webfact

Red-shirts protest Dr Narong in Sisaket

216700-imagejpeg-331978-wpcf_728x413.jpg

A group of about 100 red-shirt people gathered in front of the Sisaket provincial hospital this morning to protest the permanent secretary of the Public Health Dr Narang Sahamethapat.

Carrying placards and banners with the words “ Sisaket people do not welcome you”, the red-shirts strongly attacked the permanent secretary saying he sided with the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Suthep Thaugsuban and as a doctor did not stay neutral.

They said Dr Narong is the person who ordered hospital staff nationwide to dress in black to mourn “democracy in the country.”

One redshirt said he did not understand why the permanent secretary has to mourn democracy when in fact democracy still lives in the country.

Dr Narong is on inspection trip to visit hospitals in the northeastern provinces and follow up implementation of significant policies He also ordered hospitals to hang banner which reads “we do not want corrupted government”.

Siriraj hospital yesterday placed several banners on its building and at gates, The banner reads “we do not want corrupted government”.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/red-shirts-protest-dr-narong-sisaket/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-11

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With 100 red-shirts and Sisaket people do not welcome you, may I ask how many citizens SiSaKet has ?

Massive turnout from the Thai Rouge, who represent a huge majority of Thai people according to some propaganda posters here.

• Like 1

The same rights that were infringed upon during pre elections Jamie?

Yep same ones (as if you didn't know Long Haggis!)

I could say the same ones that were infringed upon during the ……….and then you could say the same ones that ……and we could do this allllllll evening. This OP however is about red shirts and hospitals although I do look forward to the OP regarding Suthep and the elections, as since you seem to be my shadow on this forum now, I am sure we could have a great little tussle over that one.

• Like 2

They said Dr Narong is the person who ordered hospital staff nationwide to dress in black to mourn “democracy in the country.”

poor old dr narong probably couldnt spell democracy with a dictionary in front of him.

Why is it that these doctors IQ drop 100 points immediately , as soon as they put on their yellow shirts ?

• Like 1

poor old dr narong probably couldnt spell democracy with a dictionary in front of him.

Why is it that these doctors IQ drop 100 points immediately , as soon as they put on their yellow shirts ?

Even so, they are still clearly 100pts higher than you smile.png

unlikely.

I am a Mensa member .

• Like 1

unlikely.

I am a Mensa member .

Did your mum help you with the test?

Edited by MunterHunter
  • Like 1

You post a comment like that and make judgement calls on other people's IQs? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

everyone knows when Suthep supporters put on their yellow shirts, their brain falls back into a high revving 1st gear, their bottom lip trembles with rage and slobber, and their IQ drops 100 points.

take the case of the doctor in the south who got up on stage and told yingluck she should get vaginal surgery.

then we have this doctor ... with comments like he made, i doubt he can even spell democracy.

unlikely.

I am a Mensa member .

More like MENCAP

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

unlikely.

I am a Mensa member .

So sorry to hear that.

Yet if a red shirt is injured these doctors will deliver the same treatment as they would to a PDRC supporter. The doctors and nurses will nurse them back to health as they would anyone.

What a stupid statement this is "One redshirt said he did not understand why the permanent secretary has to mourn democracy when in fact democracy still lives in the country" when this statement is also in the OP, "Carrying placards and banners with the words “ Sisaket people do not welcome you”"

Well Mr farmer let me dumb this down for you - In a democracy, every citizen including Dr Narong, has certain basic rights that the state cannot take away from them. These rights are internationally recognized and guaranteed. Everyone has the right to have their own beliefs, and to say and write what they think.

In one breath this UDD supporter have said "we have a democracy", but in that same breath say "we do not respect your democratic rights to have your own beliefs"

That's PTP / UDD logic right there.

I kinda see where the esteemed Dr Narong is coming from.

And as far as "we do not want corrupt government" banners. One would think the red shirts would welcome those banners. One would think no one wants corrupt governments. They didn't mention we don't want corrupt PTP governments. Would the red shirts be happier if the banners read "We do want corrupt governments"?

If the red shirts are offended by these banners that says more about their acceptance of corruption than anything else.

So from this OP it is shown through the Red's actions that they have no idea what democracy is and they support corruption.

We done again red shirts. No one needs to point out your stupidity. You can do a fine job of that all by yourself!

Well perhaps the good doctor and his hospital should concentrate on what they do best - health care. I really don't see politicking as one of the core compentencies required in the health care profession. Certain doctors like this one and the one who volunteered to carry out vaginal surgery on Yingluck seem to differ,

Oh and this one too

Doctor denies a red shirt’s mother treatment
Sun, 16/08/2009 - 14:17 | by prachatai

On Aug 15, about 200 local people and red shirts in Lampang gathered at Ngao District Hospital to protest against a doctor who had refused to treat an old woman whose daughter wore a ‘Truth Today’ red shirt.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1363

I can't help but notice you glossed over their hypercritical views on democracy and instead refer to something that happened 5 years ago. Are you serious? You just find something on google that happened 5 years ago and bring it into this topic? 5 years???

Well I could (but won't) find something on google that happened 20 years ago to back my agreement, but then this tit for tat between us would become a "It takes one to know one" argument that children use in playgrounds.

Now back to the point and to the present. Any comment on this democracy thing that the UDD can't seem to grasp?

• Like 1

Good, they should run this quisling, weak sister rascal out of town....

If you are talking about the red shirt protestor, he should be allowed to stay in town. He/She can express his belief, whether right or wrong or a bit of both.

If you are alking about the doctor. Why shouldn't he have a political opinon. Democracy seems to be broken here in Thailand. Government corruption is a definite problem and should be fixed. Do you really disagree with those two sentiments?

If you believe that corruption in government is a good thing, well I disagree with you, and you are allowed to have your (wrong) opinion. I am also allowed to point out that I, like the doctor, believe that it's a problem.

By the way, I know I disagree with most of your postings, and you do sometimes make what I believe are good points.

Yet if a red shirt is injured these doctors will deliver the same treatment as they would to a PDRC supporter. The doctors and nurses will nurse them back to health as they would anyone.

What a stupid statement this is "One redshirt said he did not understand why the permanent secretary has to mourn democracy when in fact democracy still lives in the country" when this statement is also in the OP, "Carrying placards and banners with the words “ Sisaket people do not welcome you”"

Well Mr farmer let me dumb this down for you - In a democracy, every citizen including Dr Narong, has certain basic rights that the state cannot take away from them. These rights are internationally recognized and guaranteed. Everyone has the right to have their own beliefs, and to say and write what they think.

In one breath this UDD supporter have said "we have a democracy", but in that same breath say "we do not respect your democratic rights to have your own beliefs"

That's PTP / UDD logic right there.

I kinda see where the esteemed Dr Narong is coming from.

And as far as "we do not want corrupt government" banners. One would think the red shirts would welcome those banners. One would think no one wants corrupt governments. They didn't mention we don't want corrupt PTP governments. Would the red shirts be happier if the banners read "We do want corrupt governments"?

If the red shirts are offended by these banners that says more about their acceptance of corruption than anything else.

So from this OP it is shown through the Red's actions that they have no idea what democracy is and they support corruption.

We done again red shirts. No one needs to point out your stupidity. You can do a fine job of that all by yourself!

Well perhaps the good doctor and his hospital should concentrate on what they do best - health care. I really don't see politicking as one of the core compentencies required in the health care profession. Certain doctors like this one and the one who volunteered to carry out vaginal surgery on Yingluck seem to differ,

Oh and this one too

Doctor denies a red shirt’s mother treatment
Sun, 16/08/2009 - 14:17 | by prachatai

On Aug 15, about 200 local people and red shirts in Lampang gathered at Ngao District Hospital to protest against a doctor who had refused to treat an old woman whose daughter wore a ‘Truth Today’ red shirt.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1363

I can't help but notice you glossed over their hypercritical views on democracy and instead refer to something that happened 5 years ago. Are you serious? You just find something on google that happened 5 years ago and bring it into this topic? 5 years???

Well I could (but won't) find something on google that happened 20 years ago to back my agreement, but then this tit for tat between us would become a "It takes one to know one" argument that children use in playgrounds.

Now back to the point and to the present. Any comment on this democracy thing that the UDD can't seem to grasp?

I seem to recall hundreds of posts recalling events of 4 years ago used as a basis for viewponts posted on this page. Why should my post be less serious than you and others take theirs? The point you fail to grasp is that doctors have been known not to treat patients because of their political beliefs despite your assurance this was not the case.

Now back to the other point and the present day. Why do you feel it is acceptable for a permanent Secretary of Health to involve himself in politics to the extent of ordering hospitals to put up political banners?

It has got nothing to do with democracy and basic human rights - they're not being denied. He made himself a "target" for criticism as soon as he did that. If he wants to get up on stage and denounce the government, go ahead, but as a private citizen, in his own time, and not metaphorically waving his Health credentials around.

He took part in drafting of the Public Health Community (PHC) statement supporting the PDRC's call for reform before Election. He also, asked the PHC to pass that message on to it's members. He is a Civil Servant not a politician, or is supposed to be.

So don't try and turn the story on it's head and say the UDD are against corruption or democracy, because they demonstrated against this doctor.

And why is anybody who doesn't agree with your blatant political agenda, stupid?

• Like 1

You post a comment like that and make judgement calls on other people's IQs? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

everyone knows when Suthep supporters put on their yellow shirts, their brain falls back into a high revving 1st gear, their bottom lip trembles with rage and slobber, and their IQ drops 100 points.

take the case of the doctor in the south who got up on stage and told yingluck she should get vaginal surgery.

then we have this doctor ... with comments like he made, i doubt he can even spell democracy.

I'm sure that I spotted every single one of these one-liners in earlier posts (predominantly his own) - maybe the early signs of alzheimers setting in???

• Like 1

I seem to recall hundreds of posts recalling events of 4 years ago used as a basis for viewponts posted on this page. Why should my post be less serious than you and others take theirs? The point you fail to grasp is that doctors have been known not to treat patients because of their political beliefs despite your assurance this was not the case.

Now back to the other point and the present day. Why do you feel it is acceptable for a permanent Secretary of Health to involve himself in politics to the extent of ordering hospitals to put up political banners?

It has got nothing to do with democracy and basic human rights - they're not being denied. He made himself a "target" for criticism as soon as he did that. If he wants to get up on stage and denounce the government, go ahead, but as a private citizen, in his own time, and not metaphorically waving his Health credentials around.

He took part in drafting of the Public Health Community (PHC) statement supporting the PDRC's call for reform before Election. He also, asked the PHC to pass that message on to it's members. He is a Civil Servant not a politician, or is supposed to be.

So don't try and turn the story on it's head and say the UDD are against corruption or democracy, because they demonstrated against this doctor.

And why is anybody who doesn't agree with your blatant political agenda, stupid?

Should we expect the Red's to storm a hospital again?