Yingluck tells CNN "govt’s rice scheme launched for farmers' benefit"

webfact

PM tells CNN "govt’s rice scheme launched for farmers' benefit"

PNPOL570312001000401_12032014_092154.jpg

BANGKOK, 12 March 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reassured that the government’s rice subsidy program is to benefit the Thai rice growers.

The Thai Premier said in an interview with the Cable News Network (CNN) that the rice mortgage program was aimed at improving the quality of life of the Thai farmers, most of whom had been having very low income before the government subsidy was launched, as a survey suggested that the majority of the poor in Thailand were rice farmers. As a result, the subsidy scheme was launched, so that farmers could have higher earnings.

When asked about the case that she was being charged by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) in relation to the rice mortgage program, Miss Yingluck said she had yet to be found guilty as the investigation was still underway.

PM Yingluck has been charged for her negligence in the government’s rice subsidy program that has run into financial problems. She is scheduled to testify before the NACC on March 14th.

The Premier on February 27th assigned a lawyer on her behalf to acknowledge the charges with the NACC, as she was occupied with her duty.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-12 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep repeating the mantra! Poor reporting from CNN of course! They should have asked about the alleged corruption, non payment to farmers and the current price problems within Thailand! The rice farmers got sucker punched and she keeps telling porkies!

• Like 2

Come on all you guys asking did she tell them or why didnt they ask. You all know if they asked she would not be able to give an answer without asking some time to find out what to say. If she volunteered any information you can be sure they are outright lies or half-truths. Any interview with YL is pointless unless you want to listen to her voice. I can not remember a time when she has said something honest and truthful to the media.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So why have the farmers not been paid??whistling.gif

Did CNN ask her ???

BBC Hardtalk is the one that would stump her lock stock and barrel ---Steve S. or Janeab.

The government needs time to sort out all the payments--for gods sake it's only been 7 months give them a chancewhistling.gif

I would love to see her get owned and drown in a river of tears on Hard talk. Stuttering, changing topic, broken English don't fly when they're taking the piss at you on that show. She's way too simple for that show. CNN is still funny enough though to watch her make herself look so foolish.

• Like 1

Have any of the negative respondents seen the interview?

No? I am not surprised.

It would be like watching an action replay of an own goal, over, and over, and over again.

Same player, same result, same head hung in shame.

• Like 1

No? I am not surprised.

i watched mondays...and she spoke in Thai...........WHY?....i thought she had a masters in English...

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/10/exclusive-thai-prime-minister-comments-on-flight-370/

Nope, she has a masters in Flied Chicken, and reading what's on the card.

• Like 2

Well, it's nice that our care-taking PM has assured the Rice subsidy program is to benefit Thai rice growers and aimed to improve the life of Thai farmers with half of them a very low income.

How about the results, with the program started 2011-10-07 and the costs seem to have exploded to about a mere 800 billion Baht till now.

BTW 'Thai farmers' is not equivalent with 'Thai rice farmers'. With half of Thai farmers on a very low income it is not clear how many of that half are actually rice farmers.

Be serious........ what else was she supposed to say?

Did you really expect her to tell CNN that the scam was set up by her brother to keep the farmers supporting his party, to enrich his cronies and to manipulate the rice market so that Thais would get rich whilst the cost of the staple food crop of the world's poor would increase dramatically?

In that case you must be as dumb as Thaksin claims her advisors are.

• Like 2

No? I am not surprised.

i watched mondays...and she spoke in Thai...........WHY?....i thought she had a masters in English...

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/10/exclusive-thai-prime-minister-comments-on-flight-370/

Thank's for the link. Amazing how many lies and mis truths she can fit into such a short interview.

• Like 2

Be serious........ what else was she supposed to say?

Did you really expect her to tell CNN that the scam was set up by her brother to keep the farmers supporting his party, to enrich his cronies and to manipulate the rice market so that Thais would get rich whilst the cost of the staple food crop of the world's poor would increase dramatically?

In that case you must be as dumb as Thaksin claims her advisors are.

One suspects the questions were sent to her before the interview to prepare answers, and there will have been certain topics CNN would not be allowed to ask questions on ie the rice scam, otherwise dear YK wouldn't do the interview

Think people are being very naive in thinking the liked of CNN, BBC are asking off the cuff, probing to the point questions..... They are not guests on the shows are briefed on the questions up front

No politician in their right mind would get on a TV show to be blind sided by an interviewer

• Like 1

And the idea of a multi billion loan for some upcoming silly high speed rail, that is going to benefit the general public too, as the rice sham benefited the farmers?

What clear examples of a few liege lords hoarding wealth and using graft as power on the backs of those destitute.

Shame on you Poo, you're a disgrace.

• Like 1