Why so few farangs in Eastern Thailand?

baneko

Come to Ubon if you want to feel like a minority. I think the farang count is me, five other guys and a woman married to a Thai man.

Hang on... Make that six other guys... I've just moved to Ubon.

Don't think I've seen more than two or three other farang in the month that I've lived here.

Come to Ubon if you want to feel like a minority. I think the farang count is me, five other guys and a woman married to a Thai man.

Hang on... Make that six other guys... I've just moved to Ubon.

Don't think I've seen more than two or three other farang in the month that I've lived here.

Need to get out more guys. I could list at least 40 farang who live (or mostly live) in or within say 30kilometres of Meuang Ubon - and I don't even live there myself. If I go to Ubon shopping or dining I usually see several I don't know.

• Like 1

When living, Kamphaengphet, not much English, no Farang (thank you.) In N.E. Thailand, near one of our homes, Phanom Phrai, about zero Farang. Had elderly friend, from UK he passed on -RIP. In Det Udom where we are building resort and fitness center. See some @Tesco. They are quiet and not too approachable. Main friends are well healed, humble, English speaking Thais. Share quality time and interesting conversations. Other than an inability to master the Thai language, which nobody seems to mind. They enjoy laughing at my efforts. No complaints. None. We'll finish what we are doing, USA and it will be great being back to our other life.

You must have been lonely in Kaphaeng phet with poor Thai skills. Hardly any English is spoken there. Of course, the bar-girl count is also on the invisible side which might also have an impact on falang numbers there; as well as in Eastern Thailand outside of the tourist traps. Come on fellas, let's not pretend.

OP just mentions the word farang...not retired/nor tourist. All inclusive. Tons of farangs go there. I have stayed there on Koh Chang....the ferry is full of them...same at Koh Samet....they are in vans and buses... Sure they do not live there year round, as some of you might.. And I seen many cross into Cambodia...hundreds perhaps thousands. I think perhaps you are only looking at Tesco Lotus or 7/11.

I would guess because this is an Asian country. Udon Thani is east and Chon buri couldn't be any further west or it would be in the Andaman sea.

Consult a map, boone. If Chonburi were "any further west" it would be in the far northern Gulf of Thailand laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do know where I live. I live in Chonburi Province and Nawanghin sub district. I knew it was Eastern Thailand considering I posted on the Eastern local forum.

I worked for some time in Bowin and Laem Chabang and live here. I drove every day to work (about 1hr). Unfortunately now sent to sunny Angola month on month off.

I really did not ask for a geography lesson. That wasnt my post. My post may have been wrong. Appologies. Its just from my own experience.

Thanks for the positive posts. The negatives I couldnt care less. Ive got a big Leo and some fine food.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why was your post wrong? There are no wrong questions only stupid answers, there are more responses about opticians, glasses and Ubon than informative ones about the east.

• Like 1