Two 16-year-olds shot dead on motorbike in Bangkapi

webfact

Laws in Thailand are considered a "suggestion". With 500 baht fines for what many would consider serious

offences it is understandable many take this attitude. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

yet the prison terms for near minor offences are outrageous.

I had an assasin's weapon for years. A custom made silenced long barrelled, 22 caliber 10 shot automatic target piston with laser sights.

Place the little red dot and there the bullet would go.

Don't ask how I came to have it, but I never carried it on operations and never killed anyone.

Banning guns? In Thailand? Are you Australian? Have you swallowed the lie? Politically correct to the enth

And I suppose you went by the code name 007!

Too many Walter Mitty types on this forum!

Absolutely amazing ....... 2 teenagers out at 2 am ... and shot dead by a gun ...at 16 yo ...... too many gun in Thailand , poor kids ....

Hummm...I seemed to have missed something. I thought 2 other students pulled up beside them and shot them. Seems to me there are too many thug type teens on the street NOT guns. Guns are an inanimate object and cannot shoot anyone. If they would had been hit on the head with a steel pole would you say that there were too many steel poles in Thailand? Maybe if they had concerned parents that nurtured them and taught them right from wrong then things like this would not happen.

Now blame the parent

You're right buddy...blame the parents and society. My father and I target practiced a lot when I was a young boy. I learned to respect the weapon and to respect others. I am not blaming the 2 students because I am sure of their motive for being out at 2am in the morning. But for the shooter (more than likely a school gang rival) I do blame the parents and society. There is not much value for life. I am assuming because many believe in reincarnation, that all death is, is just a reset button....like on their video game they have been brainwashed into playing since a baby.

Absolutely amazing ....... 2 teenagers out at 2 am ... and shot dead by a gun ...at 16 yo ...... too many gun in Thailand , poor kids ....

Hummm...I seemed to have missed something. I thought 2 other students pulled up beside them and shot them. Seems to me there are too many thug type teens on the street NOT guns. Guns are an inanimate object and cannot shoot anyone. If they would had been hit on the head with a steel pole would you say that there were too many steel poles in Thailand? Maybe if they had concerned parents that nurtured them and taught them right from wrong then things like this would not happen.

Thankyou for the first sensible answer on this thread.

A bit like prohabition and the "war on drugs" etc......Lost causes, and the criminals will never surender their guns and knives.

A lot of simplistic answers by reactional posters. bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif

• Like 1

"Guns are an inanimate object and cannot shoot anyone. If they would had been hit on the head with a steel pole would you say that there were too many steel poles in Thailand?" This argument is used so often, sounds almost reasonable until you think about it. Guns were invented and developed to kill living things: first and foremost, people. Steel poles were invented and refined usually to support something. The analogy is absurd. Yes, people kill people, and it is much easier to do so with a gun. Just move finger about half an inch while pointing at entity you wish to kill. Not so messy or difficult as strangling a person. And once bullet is on the way, no way to stop it on shooters part.

and your argument has been made as well but it is a proven fact reduce the number of guns in circulation and the murder rate will go down, by the way the boys were not killed with a metal pole

Or if a law abiding citizen had a gun they could have blasted him away and only the non law abiding citizen would be dead. Even better. Police only arrive after the crime, think about it.

or maybe the law abiding citizen would be dead as well, it is very easy to talk about killing someone but very different to do it.

I had an assasin's weapon for years. A custom made silenced long barrelled, 22 caliber 10 shot automatic target piston with laser sights.

Place the little red dot and there the bullet would go.

Don't ask how I came to have it, but I never carried it on operations and never killed anyone.

Banning guns? In Thailand? Are you Australian? Have you swallowed the lie? Politically correct to the enth

And I suppose you went by the code name 007!

Too many Walter Mitty types on this forum!

Your avatar is well named. You are just a shit stirrer. They have another name for it here.

There is nothing worse than a shit stirrer who does it behind his mummy's skirts of anonymity.

No. I do not need a license to kill. and never will . . . keep your fantasies to yourself and get a life of your own.

You obviously need one.

There should be ONE technical school , same name, royal patronage, ruled with an iron fist, buses if necessary. And a complete ban on personal ownership of handguns of any descrption, nationwide

Strange that, with you having a mafia don as an avatar.

Lol. A mafia don? I guess an actor that plays a role is truly the character he plays.

Al Pacino was a huge cocaine dealer I suppose

Johnny depp is a pirate, AND sold tons of weed

Nicolas cage is truly a huge international gun supplier.

Hollywood has a long and profitable history of glorifying violence. Actors make big bucks on war and violence and drugs and the associated fictional glories, respect, beautiful women, and wealth generated from those activitites. And then, those same actors have the luxury of deploring their characters' behaviors.

No, they may not get down and dirty to make big money off of drugs and violence and all other kind of social/moral decadence. But, they do promote it and the negative impact is way greater than gun ownership.

So, maybe it is time to talk about art control. i.e. movies, video games, etc.

Just a thought. Tam cheua, dai cheua. otis

This is right on the money. Extreme violence in movies and tv shows, has to influence young minds made vulnerable from multitudes of negative

sources. The violence we see every day on tv etc, inures us to the reality when it occurs.

The result. Young beavers sent to war on behalf of the state, on state business coming home basket cases of psychological injury, is the absolute proof.

This killing game has no reward.

Absolutely shocking that two children murdered on the streets in Bangkok it just shows how unsafe and low things have degenerated to in Thailand now when children are on the streets being murdered and it is not on all the news channels nonstop and being treated as an outrages murder and appealing for help to catch the evil perpetrators or were they wearing the wrong colour of T shirts for the area, RIP to the two kids and condolences to all the family and friends, maybe a warning to other parents to keep their kids at home so late at night. and time to get guns of the streets in Thailand

I don't understand some thinking. It is already illegal in Thailand for kids in that age group to have guns, if the killers were the same age group.

It is already illegal to commit murder.

All recreational drugs are illegal but they don't/can't stop them.

Do Thais obey traffic laws?

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

Someone mentioned Japan. It has a different culture. Thailand is violent.

Australia banned guns and now only the criminals have guns.

In some countries that have banned guns, law abiding people are afraid to go into certain parts of some of their cities.

This is all about Thailand's culture of violence and lack of respect for human life. It is already illegal for most Thais to own a gun.

"Guns are an inanimate object and cannot shoot anyone. If they would had been hit on the head with a steel pole would you say that there were too many steel poles in Thailand?" This argument is used so often, sounds almost reasonable until you think about it. Guns were invented and developed to kill living things: first and foremost, people. Steel poles were invented and refined usually to support something. The analogy is absurd. Yes, people kill people, and it is much easier to do so with a gun. Just move finger about half an inch while pointing at entity you wish to kill. Not so messy or difficult as strangling a person. And once bullet is on the way, no way to stop it on shooters part.

When you are going to meet your end, you are going to meet your end. .

In Thailand 'the banners' would have to ban a lot of objects to achieve safety for the citizens.

Like hammers for instance, knives, rope, steel poles, yes, anything made of steel, any object hard enough to bash someone's head in.

Two of the nicest people I have known were both killed by guns. One, in a low end cocaine deal, who was shot in the arm and the bullet ricocheted into his brain and one getting through a fence with a hunting rifle.

The banners could have saved two lives but I doubt it. Banning things by the State, has never gotten rid of anything if people want them enough.