BMW Thailand Drag Racing

bazmlb

BMW Thailand Drag Racing at Bangkok Drag Avenue 30th March 2014

bmw_drag.jpg

Description: Drag race rules and BMW (BMW Thailand by Record ALL CLUBS).

1. BMW engine type (round 2 Sprint rankings Qualify round takes take runners ET RT)

(1.1) ไม่เกิน 2,000 cc. (Turbo / Diesel)

(1.2) ไม่เกิน 2,000 cc. (no Turbo)

(1.3) 2,500 cc. (Turbo / Diesel)

(1.4) 2,500 cc. (no Turbo)

(1.5) 2,800 cc. (no Turbo)

(1.6) 3,000 cc. (Turbo / Diesel)

(1.7) 3,000 cc. (no Turbo)

(1.8) มากกว่า 3,000 cc. (Turbo / Diesel)

(1.9) มากกว่า 3,000 cc. (no Turbo)

(1.10) Open เครื่อง BMW (RT)

2. engine type JAPAN (around 2 Sprint rankings Qualify rounds take ET runners take RT)

2.1) ไม่เกิน 2,000 cc. (Turbo)

(2.2) ไม่เกิน 2,000 cc. (no Turbo)

(2.3) 2,500 cc. (Turbo)

(2.4) 2,500 cc. (no Turbo)

(2.5) 3,000 cc. (Turbo)

(2.6) 3,000 cc. (no Turbo)

(2.7) Open NA / UZ (RT) ***

(2.8) Open Turbo (RT)

3. types of Bracket (RT)

(3.1) 16 sec.

(3.2) 18 sec.

(3.3) 20 sec. (แถมสำหรับผู้สมัครและชำระเงินภายใน 1-28 ก.พ. 2557)

(3.4) 21 sec. (Lady)

4. Open Unlimited (RT) mixed unlimited BMW engines.

Note-all models do not use Slick tires set no less than 140 TRADE WARE (except unlimited Open rubber)-all models must have a rival in front of the seat within the reach. Removable rear seat is allowed (except unlimited Open Edition)-all models have air do not remove belt air conditioner (except unlimited Open)-allows only 1 burn only time Yang. Than the version in the update immediately (in case of accident crash course Director's decision is final)-race participants must wear a helmet. Insert the safety belt strap heel sneaker shoes-don't burn and don't rush to drill or drive with parking space speed. Update all versions of lost, in violation of the competition, the participant may not match!!!-alcohol of all kinds throughout the race.

Applying for race-race friends who are interested can subscribe to the Organizer Committee from any website. From now until February 28, 2014 version price per 500 baht for the next-generation version of the application, the version 2 300 baht (first version, plus 20 sec Bracket version., free)-a candidate in front of each version of the work, 600 baht entry fee apply for each version of the next-generation version of the 2 300- Book tent indoor parking all day in a country where price 500 baht Kang tent permit parking facilities inside the tent. Do not park outside the tent (subject remember nong before March 15, 2014)-members not reserved parking space at airports designated as tent-candidate race/interest support activities in banner. Label each 2,000 baht entrance fee 5,000 booth design-80 baht per person.

As you know,heavy ride weight and a good ET is the problem over 440 yards. 12 seconds is a great time in a heavy ride. I know, I came from 14's to 11's in a dinosaur. thumbsup.gif

Pretty common for a 1000hp Supra to run high 12's at 180mph.

As you know,heavy ride weight and a good ET is the problem over 440 yards. 12 seconds is a great time in a heavy ride. I know, I came from 14's to 11's in a dinosaur. thumbsup.gif

Not sure about your figures.

Love to see and hear some 10 second yank dinosaur street rides. thumbsup.gif

from the last time I was out there, the fastest they have every had on the strip is around 12s

It is a good time for sure. As you know a good time has lots to consider. My old yank beat Ferrari's and Lambo's on the strip. Lots to consider.

Love to see and hear some 10 second yank dinosaur street rides. thumbsup.gif

from the last time I was out there, the fastest they have every had on the strip is around 12s

It is a good time for sure. As you know a good time has lots to consider. My old yank beat Ferrari's and Lambo's on the strip. Lots to consider.

Compared to the 5.x times I use to see in Australia, 12s the fastest ever at the strip seems slow

Not sure about your figures.

Yeah my bad. it is an "in" joke with my friends that own big HP supra's that run a crap et but huge MPH. i

I used to love going to Calder Park and Heathcote Park.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture54.jpg

attachicon.gifCropperCapture61.jpg

Willowbank for me, I helped build (then crewed on) both Woodstock Bourbon Nasty Bug vehicles for many years.

This one ran 8.0 @ 170mph. 454 BBC with powerglide and a 14/71 rootes on top.

burnoutbug1.jpg

This one ran 6.9 @ 210mph. 510 BBC with powerglide and a 16/71 Kobelco Superman on top.

wheelie2.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

It's more difficult than gear heads think, 10 second quarters that is.......... whistling.gif

For sure !! Big step from 12 to 10, way more than 2 seconds would seem.

Besides some serious torque, you need to plant that power.

Loved to watch the old Gassers run - with the straight axle and that serious weight transfer to the rear to get those rock-hard slicks to grip.

While keeping components alive ( it's hoped !! )

It's more difficult than gear heads think, 10 second quarters that is.......... whistling.gif

For sure !! Big step from 12 to 10, way more than 2 seconds would seem.

Besides some serious torque, you need to plant that power.

Loved to watch the old Gassers run - with the straight axle and that serious weight transfer to the rear to get those rock-hard slicks to grip.

While keeping components alive ( it's hoped !! )

Yep, from a standing start old yanks can beat mega buck rides. Lots of scratching of heads from the rich guys, but always fun. Weight transfer and tyre tech was the key.

I have tried to find the Bangkok Drag Avenue on google maps but nothing comes up. Anyone have directions to the place?

Thanks

Never mind found the address by just a simple google search, i guess 5.00 am in the morning brain not work as it should be :)

Edited by dandun

I have tried to find the Bangkok Drag Avenue on google maps but nothing comes up. Anyone have directions to the place?

Thanks

Never mind found the address by just a simple google search, i guess 5.00 am in the morning brain not work as it should be smile.png

Even so, I can't believe anyone would pay for such a nice advertisement, then not include GPS coordinates.

• Like 1

Thanks

Never mind found the address by just a simple google search, i guess 5.00 am in the morning brain not work as it should be smile.png

Even so, I can't believe anyone would pay for such a nice advertisement, then not include GPS coordinates.

Its an article of interest not ad advert.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@14.124695,100.710204,3a,75y,48.12h,90.88t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sLCgxe9su0iF5eoUdFRLvoQ!2e0

• Like 1

Sorry. I was referring to the poster in the article of interest. The article was great.

I truly appreciate this kind of article. I miss out on a lot of interesting stuff in Thailand because they don't seem to target their ads towards old foreign farts that don't get out much because we work too much and we don't have Thai GFs to steer us toward the good stuff we find interesting and fun. (That was just a touch of sarcasm).

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1