My 6 month conclusions on Thailand (and the women)

Scarpolo

when you've had over 30yrs experience of Thailand then you can come to some conclusions.

6months doesnt give you time to wet your whistle.biggrin.png

I seriously doubt anyone will want the conclusions of an 84 year old, 30 years from now,

for those new to thailand, 3 weeks to 18 weeks, my offering can be of value,

to those who are old timers, you have heard it all before, but consider others, with less time to decide what 6 months is of value, and FWIW,

I didnt come on a shoe string, and I leave with more financially than when I arrived thanks to the beginning phase of the second leg, of the major bull market in gold

and then you go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like the last sentence.

my first couple of yrs.i couldn't give it away fast enough[what conclusion can you come up with from that clue]wub.png

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Post!.....sounds like you had a Great time in Thailand.

Not sure what you're really looking for BUT the immigration thing seems to have bothered you most. Why not go for a "retirement visa" where the hassle is minimal. Renewal once a year (less than an hour at immigration) and 90 day reporting (less than 15 minutes)....at least that has been my experience for the last 10 years. If that is TOO MUCH of a hassle for you to deal with to stay here .....then I agree with benabilina....."have a good flight back".

As for the women and having to take care of their family......this is Thailand and it is actually one of the things I like! In America the "old folks " are disposable and put in "homes" once they are no longer useful....SAD!

I have been lucky in my 10 years here as extended family have not asked much, so when I give to them its because I want to! Many are barely in survival mode and the little I give helps out greatly! I am happy to do it.

Yes one of the many things I like too.

Your post added nothing to my statement, that, you do not handle your finances the way I do.

I would also have no part in any "properties" in Thailand, anywhere, again, but that is just me.

I also said, I had no interest in the retirement visa because I dont want to bank here,

why you have a problem with any of those items has nothing to do with me,

and lastly,

the size of this girls extended family and the burdens they place on her financially, is a crime, is sadistic, and has nothing to return her, but more sadness,

that you havent encountered that yet, is what perhaps awaits you and your fate.

she was in tears tonight as she talked about her family taking advantage of her, and I believe that my influence in her life will soon have that spigot shut clean off.

you handle your life as best you can, while I will continue on my path, which is to make life better for those I encounter, and not building another castle in the sand

Not sure what you're really looking for BUT the immigration thing seems to have bothered you most. Why not go for a "retirement visa" where the hassle is minimal. Renewal once a year (less than an hour at immigration) and 90 day reporting (less than 15 minutes)....at least that has been my experience for the last 10 years. If that is TOO MUCH of a hassle for you to deal with to stay here .....then I agree with benabilina....."have a good flight back".

As for the women and having to take care of their family......this is Thailand and it is actually one of the things I like! In America the "old folks " are disposable and put in "homes" once they are no longer useful....SAD!

I have been lucky in my 10 years here as extended family have not asked much, so when I give to them its because I want to! Many are barely in survival mode and the little I give helps out greatly! I am happy to do it.

Your post added nothing to my statement, that, you do not handle your finances the way I do.

I would also have no part in any "properties" in Thailand, anywhere, again, but that is just me.

I also said, I had no interest in the retirement visa because I dont want to bank here,

and lastly,

the size of this girls extended family and the burdens they place on her financially, is a crime, is sadistic, and has nothing to return her, but more sadness,

she was in tears tonight as she talked about her family taking advantage of her, and I believe that my influence in her life will soon have that spigot shut clean off.

you handle your life as best you can, while I will continue on my path, which is to make life better for those I encounter, and not building another castle in the sand

Not sure WHAT your dribbling on about.

Let's see ....from your previous posts your a "NYC cab driver, NO ...a race car driver, NO ...a famous investment banker who perfectly times the buys at the lows and sells at the highs....NO ....a big name musician...NO ...nephew to an aunt who knows somebody famous (so what!)" ...WHATEVER!

Right now your a loser tourist with a prostitute for a girlfriend under the illusions that you are some white knight doing great things educating and guiding her!

And who's the building the castle in the sand?

As most have said "Have a good flight home"cheesy.gif

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

op gf can want all she want(she want to be number 1 ) but lets look at reality. She found a guy who is leaving after a short time. It would have been better for her to be number 2 and take all the gifts and cash...............lol.

Thailand is what it is. Girls are breed to TAKE CARE-of whomever. And that takes money. you cant eat love as they say.

• Like 1

op gf can want all she want(she want to be number 1 ) but lets look at reality. She found a guy who is leaving after a short time. It would have been better for her to be number 2 and take all the gifts and cash...............lol.

Thailand is what it is. Girls are breed to TAKE CARE-of whomever. And that takes money. you cant eat love as they say.

My conclusion is op just wasted a girls time.

People say thai girls are the same as back home. I say thats not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go back to her 'job'..hehehehehehehehe she left the job for u??..what 'job is that???

He was honest from the beginning she was a sex worker, but "high end soapie" not a bar girl.

If all her customers were thai WE can conclude girl was not the typical unsightly issan dark skin girl most farangs go for.

When you have been here for longer than 6-months then you will actually be able to comment on Thailand and the people and culture with far more authority. But until then ... listen... though some of the things you said only scratched the surface ... have a good trip home.

At what point can someone claim legitimacy to be able to comment on Thailand and the culture?

The person who immersed themselves for 2 years in the village life and took the trouble and time to learn the language and the nuances of day to day life?

Or the 20 year veteran who lives in a farang ghetto, plays golf with farang friends, drinks in a farang bar or pub and has no Thai friends female or male

Certainly someone who has spent longer than your average 'gap year type' traveling will have a far better ability to comment on a way of life, culture, and peoples than one who is only here traveling around for 6-months. Yes, this is just my opinion. But come one it is not too far off the mark.

• Like 1

Nice post but Don't fool yourself. She's probably thinking that you were a waste of 6 months of her time.

The woman you described was looking for a husband.

She benefitted greatly being with me, and describes me as a very good man, taking very good care of her,

I don't dispute your analysis that she was looking for something more permanent from me,

but I also dispute it was a waste of her time,

on the contrary

it was time very well invested, by both of us,

and the future is uncertain

I wouldnt be too impressed when a girl says you took good care of them. It means you just a $ sign and appraently you did spend a lot on her.

The last thing a guy wants to hear is that ones is considered a good caregiver. The woody goes limp real quick.............lol.

Dont you want a thai girl who says she LOVES you like no other.

Edited by choochoo
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The OP started a decent thread not slagging off Thailand, said some great things & I thought 'what a nice guy'.

Never mind, wasn't long before several bitter members came along & attempted to ruin it.

There are many people on here who post interesting, helpful & positive things, & who try to see the good in life, despite the shoite that happens.

Then, there are the others who sound like bitter men sucking a Lemon.

I like a good lemon in the morning.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The OP started a decent thread not slagging off Thailand, said some great things & I thought 'what a nice guy'.

Never mind, wasn't long before several bitter members came along & attempted to ruin it.

There are many people on here who post interesting, helpful & positive things, & who try to see the good in life, despite the shoite that happens.

Then, there are the others who sound like bitter men sucking a Lemon.

I like a good lemon in the morning.

So long as it's cleanly trimmed! whistling.gif

'11) all girls want to be loved, whether they be thai or martian, and all they want is honesty, which I have no problem with'

But please be careful with the GREEN Martians, they bite!

Honesty???? Consider yourself lucky. I guess it depends on what you are referring to, because i find that lying is a deeply embedded part of the culture due to face saving etc...And taking or using something because it is lying around is common place no matter who bought it.

Otherwise an excellent review, thanks, i do enjoy Thailand very much but i also enjoy venting and ranting on tv too to get stuff off my chest!

My apologies.

• Like 1

go back to her 'job'..hehehehehehehehe she left the job for u??..what 'job is that???

He was honest from the beginning she was a sex worker, but "high end soapie" not a bar girl.

If all her customers were thai WE can conclude girl was not the typical unsightly issan dark skin girl most farangs go for.

And you would be concluding right.

Next week's topic. How much allowance should I send my GF. She has promised not to go back to work at the massage parlor and wants to go to school.

I thinking about paying for a girls skooling so she wouldnt have to do what she does to make a baht. But who am i KIDDING-its probably best i pay her for her time and she does what she wants to do.............lol.

Nice post but Don't fool yourself. She's probably thinking that you were a waste of 6 months of her time.

She benefitted greatly being with me, and describes me as a very good man, taking very good care of her,

I don't dispute your analysis that she was looking for something more permanent from me,

on the contrary

I wouldnt be too impressed when a girl says you took good care of them. It means you just a $ sign and appraently you did spend a lot on her.

The last thing a guy wants to hear is that ones is considered a good caregiver. The woody goes limp real quick.............lol.

Not so sure i was viiewed as a care giver, although, I did show I cared....

And, in the States, I always paid my way, and have taught my son that when with a woman, he is always to pay for her.

Not sure why this is not a transferable value, unless, it is intended to intentionally devalue Thai females, over American females, when, if considersd, Thai females are naturally more inclined to be well intended care takers of their men, which, is not taught in America, anymore, if it ever was?

'11) all girls want to be loved, whether they be thai or martian, and all they want is honesty, which I have no problem with'

But please be careful with the GREEN Martians, they bite!

Honesty???? Consider yourself lucky. I guess it depends on what you are referring to, because i find that lying is a deeply embedded part of the culture due to face saving etc...And taking or using something because it is lying around is common place no matter who bought it.

Otherwise an excellent review, thanks, i do enjoy Thailand very much but i also enjoy venting and ranting on tv too to get stuff off my chest!

My apologies.

A very astute and poignant point you make about their cultural lying, I should clarify,

Lying "IS" a part of their culture, no doubt,

She lies to ALL her friends and family, except her mother, about her job.

She lies to men she would ordinarily want to date that she doesn't like them, when she clearly does, and they must know it, because she doesn't want them to discover, again, her job.

As a result, I found myself in a very strange situation where, I know she lies to everyone she knows about who and what she is,

So, naturally, I was over guarded to lying, and to my strange surprise, found her completely honest with me, about every part of our relationship which has also become a very good friendship, (neither of which I feel I had in the end with my two wives)

And it was this reality that caused both of us difficulty as,

1) I didn't trust her at all

2) she was offended that I didn't trust her

But she opened her entire life to me, and I have been living in her home,

at no time has she ever left me here alone to go anywhere, (exception: a birthday party for one of her best friends which she texted me pictures of while it was ongoing, and came home without having anything to drink due to their road closures here)

And I found in the end a girl completely open and honest about her feelings, values and belief's, which caused a realtionship to occur,

We are talking about a girl in the sex trade, who grew up without a father, and has seen the worst in men,

Expecting honesty and trust, was difficult for me to imagine she could offer,

And it came slowly....her trust of me, that is

and lastly,

Not sure WHAT your dribbling on about.

Let's see ....from your previous posts your a "NYC cab driver, NO ...a race car driver, NO ...a famous investment banker who perfectly times the buys at the lows and sells at the highs....NO ....a big name musician...NO ...nephew to an aunt who knows somebody famous (so what!)" ...WHATEVER!

Right now your a loser tourist with a prostitute for a girlfriend under the illusions that you are some white knight doing great things educating and guiding her!

And who's the building the castle in the sand?

As most have said "Have a good flight home"cheesy.gif

Actually, it is you who has the reading comprehension issues and apparently a very dull life, and for some reason with all your success, still feel the need to "build more" rather than "give back"

I was all of the above,

except the loser part, although as a trader, I know all about losses, and when to accept them, and how not to let them over take me, or my stake,

I could have said I was a descendant of Jesse Livermore, would that have satisfied your need to obfuscate my words?

Only a fool would build in this country, but you are entitled to entertain yourself, but trying it with me is a mistake because, when you get into a fight with a pig, you wind up in the shit with them, and the pig likes it.

I could have also mentioned affiliation with the NYC chapter of Hells Angels, would that cause you to pause the next time you hear a motorcycle pull into your "motel?"

don't be more of a dick than you already are,

and, lastly,

what is so hard about trend trading,

and why doubt the obvious.

Gold's intermediate trend is now UP, the short term trend has been up most of 2014, and a close over the highs will ignite the major bull market, which imperils your entire holding of paper and will defeat your costs of construction in an economy that is clearly failing?

Go ahead, build your castle,

but as war is upon us, don't expect visitors, unless it is Chinese soldiers on holiday,

then, lock up your daughters

on the contrary

I have no doubt that she was hoping for a husband and a child.

I also have no doubt that she expects and wants me to return,

I have much to consider before any of that happens, starting with my return,

and as everyone who has been in these shoes before knows,

It wont be until I am back in the States that I will have a real perspective on my time here

Actually, it is you who has the reading comprehension issues and apparently a very dull life, and for some reason with all your success, still feel the need to "build more" rather than "give back"

I was all of the above,

except the loser part, although as a trader, I know all about losses, and when to accept them, and how not to let them over take me, or my stake,

I could have said I was a descendant of Jesse Livermore, would that have satisfied your need to obfuscate my words?

Only a fool would build in this country, but you are entitled to entertain yourself, but trying it with me is a mistake because, when you get into a fight with a pig, you wind up in the shit with them, and the pig likes it.

I could have also mentioned affiliation with the NYC chapter of Hells Angels, would that cause you to pause the next time you hear a motorcycle pull into your "motel?"

don't be more of a dick than you already are,

and, lastly,

what is so hard about trend trading,

and why doubt the obvious.

Gold's intermediate trend is now UP, the short term trend has been up most of 2014, and a close over the highs will ignite the major bull market, which imperils your entire holding of paper and will defeat your costs of construction in an economy that is clearly failing?

Go ahead, build your castle,

but as war is upon us, don't expect visitors, unless it is Chinese soldiers on holiday,

then, lock up your daughters

I find it Hilarious ....That you start a post about your 6 month impression of Thailand and your girlfriend ...cough, cough Prostitue and in you following posts have changed this thread into what an all around smart good rich and tough guy you are!

As for building in Thailand it was you in a different thread who indicated "I am seeking an opportunity in the guest house business, perhaps in Chiang Mai...." ahhhh the lies we weave.

It is you, who apparently is the fool, by your own admission.....running from a divorce in Florida (2nd ex wife to be), lawsuits from ex partners (probably conned them too), Don't even make $2000 month so you can qualify for a retirement visa.

So ....as always ....good riddance ....have a safe flight home.coffee1.gif

Edited by beachproperty

Next week's topic. How much allowance should I send my GF. She has promised not to go back to work at the massage parlor and wants to go to school.

Actually, that is a spot on comment for a thread like this, because it may alert others to that scam, who may be experiencing Thainess for the first time, and not be suspect to the game:

Luckily, there are videos on You Tube by a guy who refers to men who fall for that as "Captain Save-a-Whore"

He interviews a bar girl who receives 30,000 Baht a month, from 3 separate men, all from "Australia"

But, this girl has never asked me for money.

Anything I ever offered was for my own benefit,

making me, the same as her.

How else would we get along as well?

So what is the girl going to do when you leave? She has no money.

She will do what most girls do this time of year,

go home and celebrate the new year,

visit her family and

contemplate her life, and her future, with or without me....

since I won't be here at least the next few months, it will be without me, and my support, and as, I may not come back at all..

sometime in the next few months, she will either enter the non sex trade world, and try to get back into the clothing business which she did before her brothers wife absconded with the profits, or some other work which will lead her back to a more socially acceptable place in her friends world,

a person exposed to the light,

is never the same when they again see the darkness

she is a grown woman and will make her own choices,

which is why she is in that business to begin with

I suspect, she will wait a month or two to see if I am returning,

and when she is broke, she will go back to work,

she has managed to compartmentalize it as just her job, and has not mixed worlds, to mean, she doesnt socialize with, or participate in outside work, or other activities with her co workers because she doesnt feel safe, has been offered numerous times to be a second or a third, and to go to "parties" thrown by men with the other girls, and always declines. These girls have a certain power over men in their work environment, as, if anyone gets out of line, or tries something she doesn't like, she can safely say no, and if it escalates, I imagine in that world, the man gets a severe bruising, if allowed to walk out at all. She has a keen appreciation for this fact of that world, and won't risk her safety or her health, outside the boundaries she has established.

She has managed her "career" and kept it another part of her life,

I am told, this is common here.

In the USA this would probably called a dissociative personality disorder,

in Thailand, it is simply, their way of life

Edited by Scarpolo