My 6 month conclusions on Thailand (and the women)

Scarpolo

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I married one thirteen years ago and am still happy. I say go back and find another good women who wants to be loved as number 1

Great article!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

BruceG

I still expect to see the same girl, unless something changes.

No need for me to change, I already like being with her

• Like 1

Good Post!.....sounds like you had a Great time in Thailand.

Not sure what you're really looking for BUT the immigration thing seems to have bothered you most. Why not go for a "retirement visa" where the hassle is minimal. Renewal once a year (less than an hour at immigration) and 90 day reporting (less than 15 minutes)....at least that has been my experience for the last 10 years. If that is TOO MUCH of a hassle for you to deal with to stay here .....then I agree with benabilina....."have a good flight back".

As for the women and having to take care of their family......this is Thailand and it is actually one of the things I like! In America the "old folks " are disposable and put in "homes" once they are no longer useful....SAD!

I have been lucky in my 10 years here as extended family have not asked much, so when I give to them its because I want to! Many are barely in survival mode and the little I give helps out greatly! I am happy to do it.

Well I have only given to one and not been fully repaid. The first one borrowed 5,000 baht and said he would pay it back in a month. I was shocked when he paid it back in two months. The daughter borrows 2,000 baht from time to time and tells me when she will pay it back and never fails.

It is always nice to hear about the positive side of the Thais. They far and away out weigh the negative side. Fact of the matter is you can find the negative side in all nationalities.

• Like 2

the never ending cycle: men come to LOS ending up with gf. some find the love of their life. others find hell ("the horror, the horror" Walter E. Kurtz).

The real life Walter Kurtz married a hill tribe princess got kicked out of Thailand for shooting his 45 in the street and ended up a respected leader of the Hill Tribe people in California. He drank a bit too much and died.

u mean Tony Poe. not sure if he has something to do with the fictional Kurtz...

The movie's Kurtz is widely believed to have been modeled after Tony Poe, a highly decorated and highly unorthodox Vietnam War-era paramilitary officer from the CIA's Special Activities Division.Poe was known to drop severed heads into enemy-controlled villages as a form of psychological warfare and to use human ears to record the number of enemies his indigenous troops had killed. He would send these ears back to his superiors as proof of his efforts deep inside Laos.

Coppola and Poe both deny the story.

Edited by thailiketoo

Most Thai girls are poor. Therefore many are interested. Doesn't have to be that large a financial advantage.

No need to keep harping that they're in it for the money, we know and are OK with that.

He is trying to justify the reason that somehow Thai women don't like him.

Justify? He just thinks that wearing nice clothes, going to nice restaurants etc is somehow a substitute for being young and fun to be with.

And he thinks he "should" be able to attract a girl to stay with him without having to pay for it, as if there is something wrong with paying for their company, or being white and more "respectable entitles him to freebies. But answering with this:

Just like most Thai girls want nothing to do with you, other than the poor and destitute.

Is just silly, as are too many posts here about "most" Thai girls. Like saying "most birds swim very well, except for those that can fly", showing your experience of birds must be mostly with penguins.

The girl I was with was afraid to come to the USA with me, because one of her friends cautioned that she might be "sold" by me and never seen again. I guess that happens, but.....sheesh, these girls went to college and they still worry about that?

not to mention, I would have to go with her to get the Visa and show my face to the US Embassy!

These fears are real and justified, and reveals her perception of you not ignorance.

How would having a good education protect her from being sold into slavery to a brothel overseas?

And if she did disappear after leaving Thailand, you think anyone here worried about her could get action from the State Dept?

Edited by wym

The girl I was with was afraid to come to the USA with me, because one of her friends cautioned that she might be "sold" by me and never seen again. I guess that happens, but.....sheesh, these girls went to college and they still worry about that?

not to mention, I would have to go with her to get the Visa and show my face to the US Embassy!

These fears are real and justified, and reveals her perception of you not ignorance.

How would having a good education protect her from being sold into slavery to a brothel overseas?

And if she did disappear after leaving Thailand, you think anyone here worried about her could get action from the State Dept?

What they are looking for is people who can support themselves.

They keep getting people who are dependent on a man for income, plane tickets etc. When they get abroad he skips or stops paying and she has no way to support herself. So the threat of prostitution is very real.

They keep getting people who are dependent on a man for income, plane tickets etc. When they get abroad he skips or stops paying and she has no way to support herself. So the threat of prostitution is very real.

Trust is in the eye of the beholder. A little education, reading on the net and some balanced opinions from other people, whether thai or foreigner, and of she can go.

the never ending cycle: men come to LOS ending up with gf. some find the love of their life. others find hell ("the horror, the horror" Walter E. Kurtz).

There's no happy medium?

Those two polar extremes only touch the surface, there is much to enjoy,

It seems that, entering the full life there though, doesnt make a lot of sense for me,

perhaps I am too young yet

<<<<< If that is her perception of me, even though it came from a g/f of hers, dhe has repeated it enough times to believe it possible, or she would have never mentioned it, and just said no, without the explanation. I even offered to bring her to LA with me, where her best friend from childhood lives, and all she agreed to was, if I did come back, she would go back with me the secind time.

I cannot say whether or not living in the USA would be better for her, but, without something dramatic causing a real change for her, with the guidance she has received so far, her outlook is not good. Her profession is one of youth, which at 33, is behind her, although, is she stays in the shape she is in now, she can be 40 and no one would know it.

That seems like a poor choice when I can get her started here, regardless of how long she stayed, the upside is greater here, and the downside, a plane ticket back, at worst

Union Square last week

post-192707-0-37239600-1396115000_thumb.

post-192707-0-77463500-1396115012_thumb.

Wouldnt a paid for return ticket be enough, considering, she would only be coming on a test basis?

She owns 3 houses and land, in her name, and a car. Just no job she can disclose,

I thought they were looking for people who had ties in Thai, and would be most likely to return>?

Totally up to the intuition of the (usually Thai) DoS staffer interviewing her.

If you can document the relationship has been long-term, and you officially marry her shouldn't take more than 8 months to a year to get approved, usually a ten-year multiple-entry.

Babbies can help facilitate.

• Like 1

Totally up to the intuition of the (usually Thai) DoS staffer interviewing her.

If you can document the relationship has been long-term, and you officially marry her shouldn't take more than 8 months to a year to get approved, usually a ten-year multiple-entry.

Babbies can help facilitate.

Whoa,

who said anything about marraige and babies?

I am talking about, a visit

Regards her profession being one of youth, from the US DS-160 Visa Application form:

Are you coming to the United States to engage in
prostitution or unlawful commercialized vice or
have you been engaged in prostitution or
procuring prostitutes within the past 10 years?
Edited by JLCrab

Regards her profession being one of youth, from the US DS-160 Visa Application form:

now I understand why she doesnt think she can get a visa,

but when has that question ever been truthfully answered?

I thought your post was very insightful for someone who has been here six months, especially the point about girls wanting to be number one and not being played about.

But as you are leaving after such a short time, and you probably knew all along that you were leaving, couldn't it be said that you were playing here along, too?

Maybe you will take her to the States for a visit but your response to the question about marriage and babies suggest that you were playing her along, just as all the other guys have done. I'm sure you have been good to her and she has had a good experience as your girlfriend but I don't really see how your behaviour/intentions were any different from the guys you criticized in your opening post.

It might take a Consular agent in her interview on Wireless about 30 seconds to break her story if otherwise.

It might take a Consular agent in her interview on Wireless about 30 seconds to break her story if otherwise.

No female is going to admit to that in writing.

So, does this mean, she already knows she can't get a US Visa?

I am not in a hurry to return to Thailand, and would prefer she come here.

If that isn't possible, that would explain her recent depressed photos

at the present time, I am praying that she doesn't enter the zone of farange fleecing, by asking me to send money so she doesnt have to go back to work,

If I do get a call like that,

I will be faced with the reality that she is just following the script of everything that we hope is not,

but can very well be....

eyes open

No female is going to admit to that in writing.

So, does this mean, she already knows she can't get a US Visa?

I am not in a hurry to return to Thailand, and would prefer she come here.

If that isn't possible, that would explain her recent depressed photos

at the present time, I am praying that she doesn't enter the zone of farange fleecing, by asking me to send money so she doesnt have to go back to work,

If I do get a call like that,

I will be faced with the reality that she is just following the script of everything that we hope is not,

but can very well be....

eyes open

that is bkk,

perhaps she is better off in chaing mai?

From Travel.State.Gov

Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or fraud, may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or denial of entry into the United States.

Reasons for Visa Refusal: You were refused, or found ineligible, for a visa under section 212(a)(6)©(i) because you attempted to receive a visa or enter the United States by willfully misrepresenting a material fact or committing fraud. This is a permanent ineligibility, so every time you apply for a visa, you will be found ineligible for this reason.

From Travel.State.Gov

Attempting to obtain a visa by the willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or fraud, may result in the permanent refusal of a visa or denial of entry into the United States.

Reasons for Visa Refusal: You were refused, or found ineligible, for a visa under section 212(a)(6)©(i) because you attempted to receive a visa or enter the United States by willfully misrepresenting a material fact or committing fraud. This is a permanent ineligibility, so every time you apply for a visa, you will be found ineligible for this reason.

Crab,

you cannot be saying that they will know if someone is a prostitute, how would they verify this?

do they ask for proof of employment?

From Travel.State.Gov

Crab,

you cannot be saying that they will know if someone is a prostitute, how would they verify this?

Anyone looking excessively clean and smelling of lux is deemed guilty.

From Travel.State.Gov

Crab,

Anyone looking excessively clean and smelling of lux is deemed guilty.

I dont understand this at all,

Why would any girl admit on paper to being a prostitute?

it is insanity, no one will answer yes