My 6 month conclusions on Thailand (and the women)

Scarpolo

My 6 months included getting ripped off by my lawyer, paying $1000s in under the table money and having my husband cheat with the local women. Glad to be back home. Wonderful experience.

Am sorry to hear that,

It is highly unlikely that he wasnt cheating in the States,

just easier to hide there,

here, it's in your face, and the women aren't bashful about taking away a man,

some may even wager about it

again,

sorry, but you are better off "home"

and, you will have a better time ahead, that is a guarantee

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in which soapy and under what nick does wondergirl work?

I will give you the data,

right after you give me your daughter

dont be a bigger schmuck than you already are, and soil my clean and tidy thread

thank you in advance

I should point out that at the end of both my marriages, both wives stated to me, that all they were to me in the end, were my whores.

what else is there left to say

I Believe that says it all....Your ex wives saying that to you, says MORE about you than them......Think about it!

cheesy.gif

I believe both of them gave me insight fron their hearts

This is invaluable, unbiased intelligence,

I have no illusions about myself

Funny how you go from 2 to 1 again now !!

Here is the difference

Nice girls - want to explore their "inner whore"

but they then look in the mirror and have their psychotic episodes

better to start with one, who has no issues with her self image

If every one like the OP left Thailand for good, the country would be much better off.

The OP is going and sounds like you must have gone so we got 2 down yeah?

Why?

In the 6 months I was here, I improved the lives of many,

and helped generously, the local economies of three separate areas

dont be so fast to judge, you merely qualify yourself, as small

If every one like the OP left Thailand for good, the country would be much better off.

Why?

Settle down fella I am 110kilo at the moment so not small at all and anyway i meant violin boy not you in my quote

Why?

Settle down fella I am 110kilo at the moment so not small at all and anyway i meant violin boy not you in my quote

Sorry, about the pointing,

I don't always remember who I am replying to mid quote, much less direct

I am heading down to Just One restaurant and Sport bar in an hour to play with my friends, the Isn't Band.

they have had some fame here in Thailand, and their songs are great, and for Thai's they play Eagles and America tunes, superbly,.

but I intend to jam their original hit song ' I Want You to Know" tonight, and will film it

OP - you've committed the cardinal sin on TV and confessed to enjoying your time in Thailand and had experiences that you felt comfortable with.

Irrespective of the time spent in Thailand being 6 months or 30 years, knowing the language, knowing or thinking you know about the culture, the experience had comes down to one's attitude to life, one's ability to be insughtful without continually resorting to conspiract theories (that pervade TV), and being able to roll with the punches. This is the same in any country in the world including our homeland.

Your experience here is different to mine, and no doubt different to virtually everybody on this forum. You seem entirely comfortable with the outcome, so anybody that has had more negative experiences here than positive is going to come down on you like a ton of bricks...as can be seen by many posts from the usual posters who many of us just skim read because they have the same crap negative opinions 100% of the time.

So don't bother trying to defend your position or your opinions here, it's really a waste of energy as the vocal minority of naysayers will always have more to say than the somewhat more silent majority. Many of us alleged "Thai Apologists" have stopped posting anything remotely positive for that reason - I thought I'd give it a crack here and see what happens. It's late in the thread so maybe the eedjuts have had enough to say already.

Best of luck mate, sounds like you'll be back at some stage. If so, I'm sure your next experience will be different - maybe better, maybe not. But as I think you already know, treat all people with the respect they deserve and it comes back with interest.

Thanks for the review:

I appreciate it.

I came here with no expectations, and happily met someone who I hit it off with, regardless of where I met her, how I met her, and the ultimate outcome, which cannot be predicted.

We are heading out tonight to join up with the Isn't Band at the Just One sports bar, where I will probably play a song or two with them,

I came to thailand to take a break from the US, the ex wife, ex business partners, and all their legal entanglements, and let them all fight it out without may participation, and to my delight, it served me well in all regards,

I also came to isolate myself and once and for all master the guitar, which required true isolation; which I achieved,

the fact that I met a girl whose heart needed mending, and allowed me into her home,

was the unexpected and tangible, in every way, benefit, to us both.

She has a separate room where she prayes every morning, and I genuinely joined her on occasion,

and she shared with me her dreams and her fears, and I have been a very good boyfriend to her, ans she an excellent girlfriend for me,

anyone who thinks a 32 year old girl from the "sex trade" is an wasy mark,

is probably the mark themselves

she allowed me in to her private life and her private home and before I moved in with her, introduced me to her mother, up north, (not isaan)

has a business colege degree and is a bright intelligent, and happy girl,

albeit trapped in her own country

doing a job she would rather not,

but has resigned herself too,

I wouldnt want to be a woman in Thailand,

thanks again,

we are making the best of this,

and who knows what happens in future,

none of us

• Like 1

Good Post!.....sounds like you had a Great time in Thailand.

Not sure what you're really looking for BUT the immigration thing seems to have bothered you most. Why not go for a "retirement visa" where the hassle is minimal. Renewal once a year (less than an hour at immigration) and 90 day reporting (less than 15 minutes)....at least that has been my experience for the last 10 years. If that is TOO MUCH of a hassle for you to deal with to stay here .....then I agree with benabilina....."have a good flight back".

As for the women and having to take care of their family......this is Thailand and it is actually one of the things I like! In America the "old folks " are disposable and put in "homes" once they are no longer useful....SAD!

I have been lucky in my 10 years here as extended family have not asked much, so when I give to them its because I want to! Many are barely in survival mode and the little I give helps out greatly! I am happy to do it.

Yes one of the many things I like too.

Might as well go for a young, pretty one.

Better have deep pocket then.

Not at all true for some of us, just have to know where/how to look, and be willing to pay "the price" in ways other than straight cash.

When you have been here for longer than 6-months then you will actually be able to comment on Thailand and the people and culture with far more authority. But until then ... listen... though some of the things you said only scratched the surface ... have a good trip home.

when you've had over 30yrs experience of Thailand then you can come to some conclusions.

6months doesnt give you time to wet your whistle.

I seriously doubt anyone will want the conclusions of an 84 year old, 30 years from now,

You're obviously speaking for yourself - more fool you.

Good Post!.....sounds like you had a Great time in Thailand.

Not sure what you're really looking for BUT the immigration thing seems to have bothered you most. Why not go for a "retirement visa" where the hassle is minimal. Renewal once a year (less than an hour at immigration) and 90 day reporting (less than 15 minutes)....at least that has been my experience for the last 10 years. If that is TOO MUCH of a hassle for you to deal with to stay here .....then I agree with benabilina....."have a good flight back".

As for the women and having to take care of their family......this is Thailand and it is actually one of the things I like! In America the "old folks " are disposable and put in "homes" once they are no longer useful....SAD!

I have been lucky in my 10 years here as extended family have not asked much, so when I give to them its because I want to! Many are barely in survival mode and the little I give helps out greatly! I am happy to do it.

Not interested in the retirement visa due to IRS reporting requirements and disclosures.

One of the reasons to leave the States is the oncoming Obamacare tax role which applies penalties for filers

"IRS reporting requirements and disclosures" What would they be? Am I missing something.....I still have properties in the States and by also living in Thailand the ONLY form that I know is the one requiring disclosure of your bank accounts abroad (one simple form ....fill in the amount and bank) which I file when I do my Taxes.....

WOW ....another hassle and good reason for you to go home. As many have said ...."have a good flight home"

You may not be in the same position as I am with assets,

You also many not know that Obamacare will cause anyone filing a US tax return in 2014 to pay a penalty if they do not show current US health care coverage, and if they want, they can reach into any bank acount to collect their new "premiums"

the best way to avoid that is not banking in your own name,

I use a combination of coporate entities, and thus avoid many of the tax mistakes most americans make,

opening a foreign bank account in my own name would the height of stupidity after years of careful tax structuring

you may or may not understand that, but as I havent worked since 1996 on anyone's payroll, and "retired" with the tech stock boom of 1999-2000, I do not handle my finance the way you do

You know its funny....some people think they're so SPECIAL that nobody understands anything

Well for me ...I'm 62, been retired (ie not working for any company etc...just investing my own money which I earned since I started work at 15)...for 30 years.....

SOOOOO....yeah I do understand money, banking and investing....lived off my investments for the last 30 years and am now building a 5 unit boutique beach hotel (all cash) and STILL have commercial and rental properties in America paying a nice monthly income (AND increasing in value).....so go on how special you are, who you know, what you know .......I've met many poser's like you who still don't know what they want but talk a good game....

good luck in America ....wai.gif

• Like 2

I read somewhere you imply you have gold ...

two points ...

1) valuing gold comparative to the US$ is like comparing it to Monopoly money (so, factually speaking, the value of gold has gone down, but you would know that ....)

2) unless you have physical gold, you have nothing ... in atypical American fashion, there are more kilos of promissory notes for gold than is mined and known reserves ... there is a waiting list more than a year long for people to take possession of gold that 'is held in storage for them' ... (sort of like the traunches of securitised quality debt)

The OP started a decent thread not slagging off Thailand, said some great things & I thought 'what a nice guy'.

Never mind, wasn't long before several bitter members came along & attempted to ruin it.

There are many people on here who post interesting, helpful & positive things, & who try to see the good in life, despite the shoite that happens.

Then, there are the others who sound like bitter men sucking a Lemon.

• Like 2

I Think you made some very interesting observation's but with that said you have not spent enough time in Thailand to really understand the woman or the country , if your girl really trusted and loved you she would have choose to come back to your country , to most thais falang are walking ATM machine's , perfectly understandable given the poor prospect's for moving up the class latter , until the family totally except's you and respect's you . then and only then will you understand the thai culture and its people and that take's time , 14 years in Thailand 10 years married to a thai woman and im still learning and happy to do so , so come back to Thailand soon there are hidden treasures here but it takes a little time to find one .

• Like 1

You also many not know that Obamacare will cause anyone filing a US tax return in 2014 to pay a penalty if they do not show current US health care coverage, and if they want, they can reach into any bank acount to collect their new "premiums"

WRONG!.....Not everyone filing a tax return in the US will have to pay a penalty if they do not show current US health coverage.

Non-residents are the exception! BUT non-residents still have to file a tax return if they make money in the US which I do.

'faraday' what is one person's cynic is another person's optimistic realist (with a perspective that is real to them)

it reminds me of a joke (of course, involving an Irishman) ...

3 blokes are in a pub (bar) having a drink and talking about their favourite hom town pob

the Scotsman (in a broad accent) says 'at MacTaggarts in Glasgow, after two Guinness, the third one is f'kin free'

the Englishman says '[ at the Club, after to Pims, the third one is free'

and the Irishman says 'in Dublin, at Liar McGees, they buy you a drink, then another, then another and when you're druck, you get a shag' ....

and the Englishman says 'what, you are telling me you had free drinks and sex; this happened to you?'

and the Irishman says 'no, it happened to me sister'

and that, my friend, is the nub of it ... hearsay, conjecture, embellishment, fabrication ... the majority of posters haven't lived it, they just repeat it, basking in the dim light of their faded 15 seconds ..

'searcherkind666' .... reading between the lines ... I don't think the Thai Miss is in the plans ...

I think OP is looking for something in others that is within himself ... this is not a condemnation, just my take on it.

What do you have in common with a 32 year-old Thai woman? Music taste? Literature? Golf? Greek mythology?

That pretty much goes for a Thai woman of any age. Might as well go for a young, pretty one.

Again, another ridiculous generalisation. I have a lot in common with my wife, why else would I marry her? Being of similar age we like similar music, not all, but a fair bit, she enjoys reading, as do I, she also hits a pretty mean ball at the golf range.

When you say "Thai woman of any age". Are you talking about the upcountry women who didn't finish school?

This is why foreigners look so stupid to Thais. Because they come over, befriend, hang out with and marry the most undesirable, uneducated women. It's harsh to say it, but these are the women no decent Thai men want to be with and no decent Thai woman with half a brain wants to be around.

No matter how pretty the face, if a man has any sort of brain rolling around in his head, surely he would want to be able to relate, converse and enjoy mutual interests with his GF/wife. I guess its no wonder there are so many guys sitting around on bar stools moaning about Thai women and being bitter. What did you expect choosing a partner on such a shallow basis. This is a huge recipe for unhappiness.

Things "in common" mean many and different things....

To some, being in a honest relationship which is supportive to the others interests are as equally important, as coming into the relationship with common interests,

my last wife was a singer and guitarist and I am a guitarist, and although you would think that was a great mix, it turns out, we couldnt stand to play with each other, and therefore, we didnt

I also am an artist as is she, and, she disdained my desire to be an artist, thinking I was somehow "using her" to learn. or copying her,

not considering that I was an artist before I met her, and a guitarist before I met her, and my mother is an artist,

things in common are over rated,

opposites attract and require eachother to fulful the human element of yin yang, male femle, harmonic balance, and love, which can be called many different things,

We are both adults, and she has experience with men that affords her the luxury of knowing bullshit when she sees and hears it.

I find her, refreshing

100%correct, when I met my wife she didn't play the bagpipes and neither did I! got along great..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1