Help, Help--ant Attack

gguy

Hi,

My apt. is infested with little black ants.

I keep all food in the ref. I never leave food out. Yet I am attacked. The ants are all over the bldg.

How do I control these pesty ants?????????????

Thanks

I have had some problems like this also, It takes time to sort. This is what i did

But Ant spray, then follow the ants to see where they are coming from and going too, then spray that line. Repeat every day, within two - three days you should be 95% sorted.

I felt like a ghost buster the week i did it, every 10 minutes running around with a spray can on a mission.

This worked for me, give it a try.

Keep smiling

Hi,

I keep all food in the ref. I never leave food out. Yet I am attacked. The ants are all over the bldg.

Thanks

the best way to deal with pests in Thailand is to bribe them :D

Or you can get the Bio Pest Control people in to spray your place out once a month like I do :o

I'll get their number for you tomorrow

Sometimes it can't be helped.

Most grocery stores (that I've seen) have a section with products for killing insects (mosquito sprays, ant traps and so on).

I would suggest placing a couple of the ant traps near the area they are entering/exiting your apartment. If you can find some "Chinese Chalk", use it to draw lines around the area they appear to be entering from. (Chinese Chalk looks like sticks of chalk and contain a mild poison which is apparently effective on critters from ants to cockroaches. I draw a line around the base of my table legs and the bottom of cupboards.)

Most supermarkets have ant powder, it works better than spray. After one or two applications the problem is gone.

Mosquito sprays kill the ants you see but have no effect on the offspring or hidden ants - and it stinks.

I find the ant chalk completely useless, might as well just use ... chalk.

I had the same problem; try these;

Don't leave any food/rubbish standing in the open.

Get the spray and force it in the hole they are coming from.

If the hole is at ground level, pour boiling water down.

Use the 10 baht Chinese Chalk and make a barrier around the hole they are coming from.

Sometimes, they just go away on their own accord. They are mysterious creatures.

I agree with madsere....the ant powder is the best as the ants take it back to the source the nest colony and the rest feed on it and it kills them....

Follow the line from where they are coming and place some around their entry/exit point.

It should do the trick. :o

Strangely enough i was going to search forum today on this very subject.

When u see a long column going from here to there see if u can find the beginning and end and spray that to hel_l.

A cheaper solution without smell is CHEER-10 which comes in a little bottle designed really for caterpillars but works on ants.

I read somewhere that there are a million ants for every human on Earth, so someone finding an effective solution could really cash in.

Good luck

I used those ant bait / trap thingys. The ants take the yellow sugar type stuff back to there nest and they all eat it . This kills them realy quickly then if any do survive the will die when they eat the dead boddies of there buddies.

I cant remember the name of the stuff but it is available in tesco ect

ant powder , shanjia brand ant killer powder , 30b for a 2 sachet pack.

just sprinkle it somewhere along the trail ,or in 2 or 3 spots along the trail , as near to the point of entry into the apartment as possible , and within 36 hours your ant problem will be resolved.

they take the stuff back to the nest , and the poison kills them all off.

Hi,

Thanks

the best way to deal with pests in Thailand is to bribe them :D

Or you can get the Bio Pest Control people in to spray your place out once a month like I do :D

I'll get their number for you tomorrow

I tried that. The pest control people pay them more. :o

regards

Good old fashioned Raid did the trick for me when I was overrun a few years ago.

I kept on slaying them by the barrowload but they kept coming back until I got the following advice;

Once you have killed them, leave the dead ants around for a few hours. Ants are highly intelligent and if they know somewhere is unsafe they will not return.

Worked a treat and the only time I saw an ant there again was when I left the sugar out!

Cherry B is quite right in recommending chinese chalk.

It is sold by the stick in an orange and yellow carton and rejoices in the splendidly apt name of " Miraculous Insecticide Chalk ".

Simply draw lines across the ant trails and the little buggers disappear. It is indeed miraculous and apparently effective against cockroaches too but not having been afflicted by the latter I cannot vouch one way or t'other.

Ant powder...the kind the ants take back to the nest as food and it destroys the whole lot.

Having said that, no matter what, there is a food source for them somewhere and unless you find and eliminate it they will eventually return. Small ans will cover enormous distances just to retrieve a crumb of something with energy in it.

Edited by wilko

ant powder , shanjia brand ant killer powder , 30b for a 2 sachet pack.

just sprinkle it somewhere along the trail ,or in 2 or 3 spots along the trail , as near to the point of entry into the apartment as possible , and within 36 hours your ant problem will be resolved.

they take the stuff back to the nest , and the poison kills them all off.

Taxexile is spot on.

I had ants in my condo for about a year. I was using the normal white powder, but that only kills a few at a time.

I bought the shajia powder which looks like crushed biscuit, in friendship, and 2 days later they were gone. :D

Now about 4 months on and still no sign of them.

The writing on the packet is in thai so best get the missus to go and buy it. :o

We had a really bad ant problem just before the hot season. Tried the chalk and the spray. Plus a green box thing. All a load rubbish. Then we bought something that looked like 'Biscuit Crumbs" Thought it was not going to work but its brilliant. Its a Thai brand and i can't remember the name. Looks like digestives. like the bottom of a cheese cake.

Anyway, As stated before. They take this stuff back to base and wipes them all out.

its been 4 months and not a single ant.

Just look for the biscuit crumbs in the supermarket.