Water Shortage

i claudius

twice this week in the banglamung area we have had the water switched off for long periods this never usually happens,personally i did not realize as we have a reserve tank and pump ,but neighbours were complaining ,i know there is a drought and with all the building going on ,is this the future?

• Like 1

when for a year (2002) i was living there, there was water shortages then...so, it isnt present problem.

expect the future wont be any different.

maybe soon it will be requirement for condos to catch rain water Isaan style rolleyes.gif

In the part of Mabprachan area where I live, water has been off for a week or two during day time with trickles over night to top up my reserve tank. It's not a problem for me living alone using minimum water but for families and businesses it must be a big issue. It does seem that the largest dam in the country is at its lowest level in a decade so I am sure Pattaya is not the only place with rationing of some sort. Also occasional local pump station repairs can take a long time due to funding issues and old equipment.

In the part of Mabprachan area where I live, water has been off for a week or two during day time with trickles over night to top up my reserve tank. It's not a problem for me living alone using minimum water but for families and businesses it must be a big issue. It does seem that the largest dam in the country is at its lowest level in a decade so I am sure Pattaya is not the only place with rationing of some sort. Also occasional local pump station repairs can take a long time due to funding issues and old equipment.

Maprachan reservoir is pretty full so not sure why the cut-offs.

Reading the news the report said that the dam was at its lowest,but people living there reported that it was bull and that it was nowhere near as empty as the reporter said ,but about normal.

Happily, a few weeks back the PWA finally finished replacing the old supply pipes from Sattahip to this part of town (Thepprasit Soi 8). We'd been without water pretty much 100% of the time since early in November. A tanker truck driver's dream come true, they must have made a fortune around here. I just hope now we seem to have a reliable water supply again that the drought isn't going to leave the new pipelines empty again.

Looking on the bright side the forecast says that there's a good chance of rain today and it's cloudy outside so I hope they are correct.

• 3 weeks later...