Reduction in passport fees for UK citizens overseas

We all know how good thai post service is thats if it doesnt go missing or take upto a month or three months to get there pus leaving ur cc info with thai post i would not trust it,

Thai post EMS (express mail service) is reliable and there is tracking all the way.

Many people have sent their passports to the UK by international EMS without a problem.

Normal registered post is perfectly adequate too & only costs around THB 200.

Not sure about the UK. But the difference between the EMS and registered would be that online tracking would end as soon as it leaves Thailand. Many countries do not have online tracking or requests for proof of delivery for registered mail.

ALL CHANGE!!

There is a new thread running.............

Making your application

You must apply in person. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages). You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre

The Trendy Office Building,

28th Floor,

Sukhumvit Soi13,

Klongtoey-Nua,

Wattana,

Bangkok

Thailand

Email: <deleted> Edit: see https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/thailand/renewing_new/adult for email address

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.

Edited by ubonjoe
email addresses are not allowed by fourm

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I need a visa I am British?? facepalm.gif

DOH!!

Read it again angsta.............

Ahhh I missed the section that states 'angsta is an idiot.' Cheers.

Changed again? This is a joke. So how much will it cost and how does it get from Bkk - Liverpool and how long will it take and is there any need for proof of address now?

Edited by angsta

I sent mine by registered post and tracked it all the way to Liverpool using thailandpost.com. Then I kept checking my credit card transactions online until I saw the payment had been made, then I knew I was in the system. Now I am playing a waiting game. It would be nice in 2014 to be sent an email to update the progress of an application and how hard would it be to provide a tracking reference after despatch, so at least you could have an idea as to when the passport might arrive. On that note, is there anyone in the Surin or Buriram district that has had a passport delivered and if so was it by DHL, independant courier or Thailand Post?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 months later...

hi .. can any one tell me if they have had any problems renewing there uk passport ..... now that it can be done here in bkk .... before i renew it about 2 years ago ... sent it of to hong-kong then they sent it back to the uk ...( d.h.l.)...........the whole thing was done and dusted in only 2 weeks .............but now i fear and dread that the uk government has given it to a thai staff in bkk ...........it will take ages .........or even years knowing thev thai's ...........

.bangkokhmpo@vfshelpline.com

i have emailed them now 4 times about trying to maske appointment and ask a few questions .........butb as usaul no reply ....

may be any one here might have had problems with them ..............

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font

hi .. can any one tell me if they have had any problems renewing there uk passport ..... now that it can be done here in bkk .... before i renew it about 2 years ago ... sent it of to hong-kong then they sent it back to the uk ...( d.h.l.)...........the whole thing was done and dusted in only 2 weeks .............but now i fear and dread that the uk government has given it to a thai staff in bkk ...........it will take ages .........or even years knowing thev thai's ...........

.bangkokhmpo@vfshelpline.com

i have emailed them now 4 times about trying to maske appointment and ask a few questions .........butb as usaul no reply ....

may be any one here might have had problems with them ..............

You should do a post on this topic Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

Or look at the posts in it for info.